• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REMEMBER the dArk knight rises UnmaRked spOileR threAd | You only legend once

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not like there's an entrance exam. But shits like Amuroray and that one other that joked about the killings make me wish for member/GafGold status.

Across multiple threads. I think the doors just opened, and not enough have been banned yet to restore equilibrium.

And Bane? What a boss. Nolan and Hardy really made him into something else, and I loved him. The accent really took off in this movie, in the trailers I just accepted it, but he really pulled it off with that swagger and all.

Sorry for deleting most of what you wrote but I totally agree with this. Out of all the Batman films, Hardy really pulled it off. I would go so far as to say better than Ledger's Joker.

Arment

Incredible. I could of sworn it was Neeson.

Had maybe 2 instances where I really had to strain to hear what he said. Other than that his voice was fine.

Sounded a lot like Sean Connery to me. For a while I did think they gave Bane the Darth Vader treatment.

Im done with this.

Bang average film.Want to forget about this.

Shame about the massacre.If only they knew how bad the film was they wouldnt have gone

Get this shit out. Questioning and not liking the movie is fine, but being antagonistic and then posting shit like this isn't welcome on Gaf, especially when your a junior.

Eidan

Sorry for deleting most of what you wrote but I totally agree with this. Out of all the Batman films, Hardy really pulled it off. I would go so far as to say better than Ledger's Joker.

Though I don't think he comes close to Ledger's Joker, I was blown away by how much I liked Bane. He was such a menacing presence. Anytime he was on screen all I could think was "Everyone is fucked".

Sojgat

You are a joy.

Reminds me of

Damian_Wayne_as_Robin_by_JoelRCarroll.jpg

I also liked that every twist in the movie was preluded by an obvious hint so it didn't just seem like some movie magic twist, like the scar on Thalia's back, me seeing that it was Hardy's figure and build getting the kid, to the wall to climb out, and how Batman survived at the end due to the autopilot being fixed by Bruce himself.

I love how Nolan does this. You know that every little clue is going to pay off or mean something. I didn't see Talia's reveal coming but I went back in my mind and then thought "OMG THE SCAR".

I'd just like to mention how well Tom Hardy handled the fight choreography. When batman ruptures a few of the nozzles on his mask and Bane goes into his desperate flurry of punches... I don't think I've ever felt so much adrenaline from watching a movie.

Ithil

I wish these films had more Scarecrow. Not Crane, Scarecrow, he only appeared in full Scarecrow mode once with about 30 seconds of screentime.

Actually, while the trilogy does form a great story about Bruce Wayne, it is very self contained, he was only Batman for about a year, so the series initial premise of depicting the start of Batman's career and early years kind of went out the window.

I'd love a long form live action series, like a HBO series, that you get to see a number of years of his career covering long arcs from the comics.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh, and I totally take back any doubts I had for Hathaway as Catwoman. She and Nolan pulled it off perfectly.

And I had high expectations for Bane, but they went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. What a boss.

I'd love a long form live action series, like a HBO series, that you get to see a number of years of his career covering long arcs from the comics.

full season long arcs focusing on 1 or 2 villains or something would be amazing

or something like a post-Batman world taking place after TDKR, citizens and police having to rebuild the city and work towards stopping crime without Batman around

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I wish these films had more Scarecrow. Not Crane, Scarecrow, he only appeared in full Scarecrow mode once with about 30 seconds of screentime.

Actually, while the trilogy does form a great story about Bruce Wayne, it is very self contained, he was only Batman for about a year, so the series initial premise of depicting the start of Batman's career and early years kind of went out the window.

Yeah, a series set after this movie dealing with other villains I think would work better than a fourth film.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I love how Nolan does this. You know that every little clue is going to pay off or mean something. I didn't see Talia's reveal coming but I went back in my mind and then thought "OMG THE SCAR".

Yup - even if it takes you a few seconds, or the rest of the night to remember, it was all in the movie and not just thrown it - brilliant really. I didn't see it coming either, but then it got to when I realized afterwards that a sophisticated having a scar like that really was a warning signal after all.

I'd just like to mention how well Tom Hardy handled the fight choreography. When batman ruptures a few of the nozzles on his mask and Bane goes into his desperate flurry of punches... I don't think I've ever felt so much adrenaline from watching a movie.
One of the moments that I really, really enjoyed. I'm looking forward to seeing that again on my next viewing.

I would've loved if there was another option besides death or exile, and it was Crane wearing the mask and gassing them.

Just got out about an hr ago. That movie was damn near perfect for me! Fucking loved it, especially the ending. I'm actually Going to watch it again in about 45 min.

Eidan

In Nolan's universe, Wayne was only Batman for a little over a year, right? Doesn't leave much room for expanded universe shenanigans. Which is great.

Really enjoyed the movie. A lot. I REALLY wished they had called the Robin character "Grayson" at the end though. I'm a way bigger Nightwing fan, and that would have been amazing.

My other issue is one I knew I was going to have going in. Another Batman movie, another movie that completely ignores the characters roots as essentially a detective. Batman is supposed to be the most brilliant analytical mind on the planet. No director has ever attempted to convey that. Mass appeal requires that they focus on blowing stuff up and fighting. I'll just have to live with reading my comics and rewatching the DCAU over and over.

Really enjoyed the movie. A lot. I REALLY wished they had called the Robin character "Grayson" at the end though. I'm a way bigger Nightwing fan, and that would have been amazing.

My other issue is one I knew I was going to have going in. Another Batman movie, another movie that completely ignores the characters roots as essentially a detective. Batman is supposed to be the most brilliant analytical mind on the planet. No director has ever attempted to convey that. Mass appeal requires that they focus on blowing stuff up and fighting. I'll just have to live with reading my comics and rewatching the DCAU over and over.

This movie had way more detective and genius Batman than any other. Was actually rather surprising.

Go study for the Bar!

Me, what am I doing here? No comment.

Just got out about an hr ago. That movie was damn near perfect for me! Fucking loved it, especially the ending. I'm actually Going to watch it again in about 45 min.

Man of Steel. He's not directing, but he and Goyer are writing the story and executive producing, so he might as well be directing. It's going to be fantastic.

DMczaf

That fucking 3rd act....that fucking ending....that fucking ROBIN?!

Fine Nolan. FINE! You win. I'll accept him. But I still won't forgive you for not using Like a Dog Chasing Cars in TDK!

Eidan

You have a point on the detective aspect. I think you see a lot more of that side of Batman in TDK, since Joker was a villain that required it to a degree. Bane's threat was so large though that sleuthing wasn't really necessary.

Dead

well not really...yet

Fine Nolan. FINE! You win. I'll accept him. But I still won't forgive you for not using Like a Dog Chasing Cars in TDK!
There can never be a Batman without a Robin

Nolan saw the light.

Its about time you did too!

This movie had way more detective and genius Batman than any other. Was actually rather surprising.

Hardly. He wrote a program that Fox told him could easily be fixed. He didn't solve anything.

Then he completely got the identity of Ra's kid wrong.

Batman should be two steps ahead of just about everyone.

Go study for the Bar!

Me, what am I doing here? No comment.

Did that all day. Going back to it now. Look at the avatar though. I wasn't going to accomplish anything this weekend without seeing this movie.

Solo

When DM is ashes.....blah blah blah

How about that prison scene?

Emily Chu

Banned
where was that pit prison and who control and ran that thing ? was it governmental or a private league of shadows prison ?

Why does a Moroccan hellish pit have flat screen televisions and Gotham local news?

also Why was Sean Connery the voice of Bane?

6S8Kz.jpg

and what the hell happened to bane ? did he die ?

he was shot by a rocket and NEVER HEARD FROM AGAIN.. MOVIE OVER

no death rattle or speech or nothing... just vanished wtf ?

Solo

When that music started...I think I need to do some pushups.

Ive said it a few times now, but since you just joined.... prison sequence (training/Rhas/Bruce climbing out) was the best part of the movie. Could have done without the hokey/"TDKR for dummies" Rhas fading out, TV show special effect though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom