• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Topless sunbathing IS legal in BC, so piss off coppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus.

If women were comfortable going shirtless, I would hope that would desensitize most males and it could be a normal thing. Right now, there would be too many people gawking and too many conservative people freaking out. At least they have the right to get an even tan!

ThisGuy

3XRKcSU.jpg

Fun website for you all:

http://gotopless.org/topless-laws

It is most likely legal in your state as well.

Is this legit or are you pulling my leg?

Edit: Everything I've seen supports this. Well I'll be.

I am hetero-normative, and I enjoy the aesthetics of a nice pair of breasts.

What a toxic opinion I hold!

That's pretty toxic. You're saying you only approve of topless breasts if they are aesthetically pleasing to you.

Not all women are afforded that fortune. Are you gonna be the guy to tell a woman with "ugly" breasts to cover up?

Syriel

I honestly can't imagine a world where breasts are not sexually appealing.

Read an issue of National Geographic.

You'll see photos of topless women in which bare breasts are not there for sexual appeal.

Breasts by themselves aren't sexy. They're just a body part.

Just like hands and feet are just body parts, but dress them up and they can convey a sexual message.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Is this legit or are you pulling my leg?

Here is the Oregon law:

§ 163.465¹
Public indecency

(1) A person commits the crime of public indecency if while in, or in view of, a public place the person performs:
(a) An act of sexual intercourse;
(b) An act of deviate sexual intercourse; or
(c) An act of exposing the genitals of the person with the intent of arousing the sexual desire of the person or another person.​

(2)
(a) Public indecency is a Class A misdemeanor.
(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this subsection, public indecency is a Class C felony if the person has a prior conviction for public indecency or a crime described in ORS 163.355 (Rape in the third degree) to 163.445 (Sexual misconduct) or for a crime in another jurisdiction that, if committed in this state, would constitute public indecency or a crime described in ORS 163.355 (Rape in the third degree) to 163.445 (Sexual misconduct). [1971 c.743 §120; 1999 c.962 §1; 2005 c.434 §1]​

http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/163.465

That's pretty toxic. You're saying you only approve of topless breasts if they are aesthetically pleasing to you.

Not all women are afforded that fortune. Are you gonna be the guy to tell a woman with "ugly" breasts to cover up?

You automatically assume he's going to just run up to a girl and tell her to cover up? Do you run up to someone you don'\t find aesthetically pleasing and tell them to cover up as well?

Now you see how silly that sounds.

FUME5

Considering I won't be walking down the street providing women with my unsolicited opinion on the attractiveness of their breasts, no, I will not be telling women who possess breasts that are not pleasing to my eyes to "cover up".

entremet

Women can be topless in NYC as well.

There's even a Topless Day.

If men could do it, women should be able to do it.

Boobs never hurt anyone.

Speevy

Banned
It may be legal to go topless, but hardly anyone does it because it creates either unwanted attention or undue controversy.

This is probably the clearest example of one of those things that is self-regulating without needing a law.

Tenebrous

Not all people are afforded the the fortune of an aesthetically pleasing face, but no-one would ask them to cover it up.

The way I see it? Lets just all walk around naked. Shouldn't be ashamed of how we look, or embarrassed about sexual attraction in general.

entremet

Toplessness is legal but most women don't do it because, surprise surprise, stares and issues with safety and harassment.

Also personal modesty. Not everyone wants to show their boobs to the world.

Zornack

Read an issue of National Geographic.

You'll see photos of topless women in which bare breasts are not there for sexual appeal.

Breasts by themselves aren't sexy. They're just a body part.

Just like hands and feet are just body parts, but dress them up and they can convey a sexual message.

Eh? Feet aren't designed for sexual appeal but are still sexually arousing to many men.

Couldn't it be just as plausible that cultures where topless women do not sexually excite men are the exception? I don't know which is the general rule, breasts being sexually appealing or not. Or maybe both situations are fully cultural.

Future

The real issue is always that the people you want to go topless, will not. Girl in the OP is an anomaly

See gym locker rooms for proper representation of who will actually decide to go topless when given the chance

I worked in a topless beach for a while.

Nude people are the chillest.

I honestly saw so many boobs of all shapes and sizes i didn't even care.

Cuburt

I could see this attitude changing in the US and Canada soon.

Even think about how much clothes people used to wear to the beach and how little they wear now.

bathing-suit-women-in-bathing-suits-on-collaroy-beach-1908-photographed-by-colin-caird-credit-library-of-new-south-wales-via-flickr-commons.jpg

DJ_Lae

Some woman yanked her top off in front of Kelowna's mayor in the last year or so too, I think.

jrXviba.gif

Not sure he's particularly offended by the gesture.

FUME5

I imagine some women out there don't see them as sexual objects, just another part of their body, and the social stigma they get prevents them from being as free with their body as men do.

I don't think I have a single friend who doesn't like their breasts both as sexual objects and as parts of their bodies.

Africanus

I honestly can't imagine a world where breasts are not sexually appealing.

It's quite easy really.

Think of breasts becoming similar to a woman's legs. In some instances, a woman's legs are simply two ordinary parts of her human body system. However in other instances and contexts they can be the object of someone's sexual desire.

In the same vein, perhaps by the mid point of this century, breasts can become normalized as sexual attitudes change, coexisting as both a mere body part and a sexual part rather than sharply leaning towards sexual part.

I feel our society would be healthier for it.

There will be less staring if people are exposed more often. Look at how ankles have become.

Yeah, if everyone was topless, there would be a lot less staring. like at...

Ever been to Mexican beaches? Toplessness everywhere.

Yep, everyone is topless, it's normal, so nobody really stares much.

But we're talking about BC, where you'll only see a woman going topless once in a blue moon. It'll never reach the point where you see a ton of women going topless. So when you actually see one, everyone will be staring.

Of course it's her right, I'm just wondering why anyone would subject themselves to all that ogling.

Dennis

Banned
Good on her. Should be fine everywhere. I think it's patently unfair for there to be legal barriers restricting women from the same freedom men enjoy there. Whether you think it's immoral or lewd is up to the individual, but legal restrictions should be removed.

I absolute agree.

Women should be free to go topless whenever they want. I have no objections whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom