• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reminder: Topless sunbathing IS legal in BC, so piss off coppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not as a whole, but in places like France most of the younger women choose to cover up at the beach. The reasons vary but modesty aside, a lot of women don't want a scenario where everyone is bored with boobs.

The law isn't even the real problem. People ignore the law all the time (like jaywalking, for example). The problem is that people freak out and complain to the cops, who feel pressured into doing something about it. Breastfeeding is legal everywhere in the US but people still freak out about it. It's the culture that has to change.

Wait, why would people be bored of boobs? I don't get bored of ogling men's chests, nor cute faces.

I agree culture is partly to blame, as culture and law help shape each other, but that's part of what I was saying.

Monocle

Maybe not as a whole, but in places like France most of the younger women choose to cover up at the beach. The reasons vary but modesty aside, a lot of women don't want a scenario where everyone is bored with boobs.

The law isn't even the real problem. People ignore the law all the time (like jaywalking, for example). The problem is that people freak out and complain to the cops, who feel pressured into doing something about it. Breastfeeding is legal everywhere in the US but people still freak out about it. It's the culture that has to change.
Is such a thing even possible?

I mean, I'm not the right person to ask about boobs, but I've seen tens of thousands of hot dudes by now (including pictures, obviously) and I'm still not tired of them.

Arjen

I will never ever ever be bored of boobs. And i've seen plenty. There's a difference between seeing boobs on the beach, seeing boobs in the sauna or that glorious moment you're in the bedroom and the bra comes off for the first time.
All i'm saying is. Bless boobs.

Kater

Banned

So, are people tired of hot dudes chests by now? Judging by how frequently I still see them everywhere being ogled at (by myself as well) I think they are still not endangered of "getting boring". :p

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I will never ever ever be bored of boobs. And i've seen plenty. There's a difference between seeing boobs on the beach, seeing boobs in the sauna or that glorious moment you're in the bedroom and the bra comes off for the first time.
All i'm saying is. Bless boobs.

Boobs are like beer, no matter how many you've had, you never grow tired of them.

xenist

I've grown up having seen literally thousands of boobs on the beach I gotta tell you they're they're not anything close to erotic if that's what you think.

Beer is disgusting. How can you compare this shit to boobs ? Heresy !

jd-appletini-scrubs-o.gif

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

Yea, no. It's just that breasts are played up as those sexy/dirty body parts in our culture and people just aren't confortable either showing theirs or being in presence of breasts in the open. Seems pretty simple to me.

Risible

Oh God, the OP made me realize how old I really am.

I saw it and was like "If I was that cop I most certainly would NOT have told her to put them away" and then I realized I'm a 51 year old man basically leering at a very young woman and then I felt all yucky :(.

Why is it when it comes to boobs I'm still basically a 13 year old?

I find it so weird, when growing up I remember seeing topless women all the time at the beaches I visited. This was in Spain, Sweden and Bulgaria though.

I wonder though where we collectively say "no that's too nude". A woman being topless is of-course acceptable in the eyes of the progressive, but a man or woman showing their genitals, would that be okay at the beach?

I saw it and was like "If I was that cop I most certainly would NOT have told her to put them away" and then I realized I'm a 51 year old man basically leering at a very young woman and then I felt all yucky :(.

DKslVGr.gif

Grinchy

Banned

Why is it that our very instincts are supposed to make us feel bad? Maybe you are biologically programmed to be attracted to her and others. Maybe you are programmed to like tits a lot.

Let's stop apologizing for that. Let's stop pretending we aren't animals too.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Wait, why would people be bored of boobs? I don't get bored of ogling men's chests, nor cute faces.

I agree culture is partly to blame, as culture and law help shape each other, but that's part of what I was saying.
Not my words this time:

Costa-Kostritsky thinks the decline could be linked to health concerns, but these are less about skin damage and more about vanity: "Women of my generation have always been told that the sun was bad for our skin. But add sun damage to gravity and the fear is you won't have pretty breasts."

But both agree that the issue is not one of self-consciousness. "[French women] feel comfortable doing it!" says Pfeiffer. The real reason French women cover up, says Costa-Kostritsky, is because "it makes uncovering them for a lover more interesting".

http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/...-french-women-have-stopped-sunbathing-topless

It's a really interesting perspective.

stuminus3

Legal here in Ontario too, but you never really see it.

Sigh, prepare for a bunch of toxic posts about men proving how hetero-normative they are by saying they enjoy looking at a women's front-meat.
Well, there goes my boner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom