• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resetera and the pedo problem (updates)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in phase one, not the endgame right now. Screencap, save and store for later because that day is coming.

Exactly. People want immediate consequences, but that won't happen. It never happens like that. This thread got way more views than I expected at first. Don't forget that Resetera is not only a community, it's also an asset. It's not like they're going to own the accusations, own their action of sweeping stuff under the rug and just close the forum. That would be overreacting.

Regarding Resetera's staff, I expect two things from now on :

Resetera is going to be very careful with its members/staff from now on, monitoring their behaviors, the members they protect, etc. Or they keep things the way they were, protects members they shouldn't protect, keep silencing everyone who's speaking out and one day, a bigger problem will arise. Except this time, they won't have the benefit of the doubt.

kbear

9351c114-3f3d-47c3-8ctkzg.jpeg

Michele

you.
Ok I'm totally gonna be one of those dickheads right now, I'm not gonna go through 37 pages to catch up. Anyone got a tl;dr of what's happening now? Sounds juicy.

Members in Resetera, or at least the discord server are suspected of being pedophilies. Admins are not banning them, they're defending them. Resetera is doing damage control now. Kano, Luigi and Eolz went to explain things themselves. Eolz admitted to deleting those imgur images. They basically don't want to be associated and have cut off ties.

Resetera is also banning members who asks of the situation. ZhugeEX has stopped replying, instead blocking peoples who asks about the pedophilia.

Oh, and Kano initially threatened to have someone sue Celine for that, although he already apologized.

Last edited:
Members in Resetera, or at least the discord server are suspected of being pedophilies. Admins are not banning them, they're defending them. Resetera is doing damage control now. Kano, Luigi and Eolz went to explain things themselves. Eolz admitted to deleting those imgur images. They basically don't want to be associated and have cut off ties.

Resetera is also banning members who asks of the situation. ZhugeEX has stopped replying, instead blocking peoples who asks about the pedophilia.
Please insert the Bully and silence tactics they attempted against Celine.D.Sykes Celine.D.Sykes

Has as much importance in this saga as anything imo

Oh, and Kano initially threatened to have someone sue Celine for that, although he already apologized.

Haha Kiwifarms must be having a field day with this.

Not as much as you might think, Phunky. Also, to those of you posting on there, I already warned someone about doing so, but if you really feel the need to keep posting there, be careful what you post or they WILL dox you and make a thread to "make fun" of you.

Ladioss

So not only does she insult and uphold the accusations of sexism, her first thought is to offer 'consulting services' rather than address or condemn the problem of the rabid internet activists.

At least consultancy means she doesn't need to go into a full political carrier right now. Imagine the madness when Queen Sarkeesian will decide to run for US presidency.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
At least consultancy means she doesn't need to go into a full political carrier right now. Imagine the madness when Queen Sarkeesian will decide to run for US presidency.

She's egomaniacal, narcissistic, and a pathological liar, so chances are she'll try and run for both Canadian Prime Minister and US President. God help us all.

Last edited:

Barnabot

She's egomaniacal, narcissistic, and a pathological liar, so chances are she'll try and run for both Canadian Prime Minister and US President. God help us all.
But Presidents or Prime Ministers can't just complain about everything. They need to get something done too. :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Wimbledon

I know i'm late on this but very disturbing read.

I remember Slate Magazine (i think it was them) also wrote something along the lines of legalizing pedophilia. Then they took the article off there website. It's disturbing to see people who claim to be rational support it.

It feels like every year this outrage contingent wants to break a taboo, to cross over a line. Some lines don't need to be crossed.

Last edited:
I remember Slate Magazine (i think it was them) also wrote something along the lines of legalizing pedophilia. Then they took the article off there website. It's disturbing to see people who claim to be rational support it.

It feels like every year this outrage contingent wants to break a taboo, to cross over a line. Some lines don't need to be crossed.
The 'P' in LGBTQQIAAP is for pedo.

chaos789

Banned
I was permabanned for having the audacity to defend southern rural white voters. Of course accusations of racism and previous “severe infractions” was listed as the reasons. Not sure what constitutes “severe infractions”. But I was merely pushing back against the narrative of the thread that all white rural southerners are racist.

I am a liberal or a leftist or whatever you want to call me. Hell, one entire shelf of my bookcase contains nothing but Noam Chomsky books. But I refuse to submit to group think or at least try and hear people out who I may disagree with. If someone starts spouting racial slurs, I would walk away, but otherwise I am willing to listen and then debate.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
After reading this thread of shite.
I am so glad i never went to that shit hole site.
And i am still glad the great flush happened on neogaf. This place went from being run by idiots to a place that is welcome to users.

Resetera is such a fucking maggot infested shit hole. How people can even visit that site boggles my mind. Even giant bomb's jeff gerstman laughed when they stated that resetera makes people sad.

That website is like twitter. Nobody needs it. It actually makes this world a worse place.

CyberPanda

Banned
And i am still glad the great flush happened on neogaf. This place went from being run by idiots to a place that is welcome to users.

Resetera is such a fucking maggot infested shit hole. How people can even visit that site boggles my mind. Even giant bomb's jeff gerstman laughed when they stated that resetera makes people sad.

That website is like twitter. Nobody needs it. It actually makes this world a worse place.
The users on Reee need to go on a helicopter ride with the president of Philippines. We should do a GoFundMe for it. lmao

chaos789

Banned
Standing up for deplorables? How dare thee!

In that conversation, you had people saying all white southerners are bigots. Which is ridiculous, things are not that simple and living and growing up in the south does not automatically make you a racist. There are people who have various political beliefs who were born and raised in the south. Things are not as simple as they attempt to portray them. Individuals are multifaceted and may disagree on many things, even if they belong to the same political party.

In that conversation, you had people saying all white southerners are bigots. Which is ridiculous, things are not that simple and living and growing up in the south does not automatically make you a racist. There are people who have various political beliefs who were born and raised in the south. Things are not as simple as they attempt to portray them. Individuals are multifaceted and may disagree on many things, even if they belong to the same political party.

Things are always simple black and white until it comes to understanding a particular topic that because of skin color, cultural differences, education and many other variables are very complex and if you do not share in the issue or cause you just don't get it. I always disliked that about Era.

I disagree with a lot that is stated here and I find some posts don't really help a topic but at least everyone can say what they want and how they feel with chances at open healthy dialogue before shit hits the fan. This is the best Gaf has been in years.

Airbus Jr

Banned

Ive seen Resetera and tbh their website layout is ugly

Neogaf is much better( the classic blue one)

Let those pedobear find their safe haven there

Theyre not welcomed here

Neogaf is for the good guys😉

Last edited:

Michele

you.
Honestly at this point are you surprised? It is Ree after all.

A little, but I'm starting to not be surprised at all. I wasn't surprised about the toxicity, however I was very surprised and upset when the OP initially posted this thread- I couldn't believe that pedo thing, but it was unfortunately true and that's what made me hate ERA more. ERAAAAAAAAAAAA

Teletraan1

Banned

It is the same garbage thought process a bigot has. All of x are y. They have the same warped mindset of the people they hate. Easier to collectivise people, strip them of their humanity to justify hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom