• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra deplatforms and bans Angry Joe for his TLOU2 review

Stafford

Absolutely pathetic. The allegations? Oh they mean that woman with her story full of ridiculous nonsense that didn't make any sense, she also provided zero proof and actually soon afterwards deleted her whole article? Come the fuck on now.

I was checking out that thread about his review and people said "well known sex offender, predator etc" and I'm like......what? This is the world we live in now, any fucktard can just claim shit about you, they have nothing to lose really and the one they accuse has everything to lose. facts and evidence? Who cares, sigh.

Last edited:

ShadowNate

No. We need that honeypot to exists. Do you want all them to spread to other sites?
They already have spread everywhere, but I'm kind of inclined to support the idea that there is a place with a dense concentration of their poison. Even though inevitably they will bite more of their own and implode.

I haven't watched AJ content for years btw, although I did watch his recent review, because of all the buzz those (probably false) allegations created. I don't really enjoy his gimmick. He and his mates are funny sometimes, but it's not for me.

That said, if he can reach his millions of subscribers and at least make them aware about the ongoing issue with Resetera and their mobs specifically, and how dangerous and manipulative that whole left fascism/cancel culture is, he's fine in my book.

Last edited:

nush

Gold Member
Hey, I just got banned but I can't see a duration, does that mean I'm permabanned?

BTW no warning either, just a straight up ban.

You've been shadow banned. they do that so that it does not show up on the ban tracker and expect to never have a reason or duration added. If you have the same name and avatar here as you do on Resetera the mods actively search other forums for people criticizing the forum and will ban for it.
They are probably reading this topic now looking for people to ban. Its an insane overreach of authority.

God damn it GAF you made me check resetera again. First thing I stumble upon:
"There was a vote on calling it Wuhan-Virus is racist; why are we not banning those that said no?"
n7OPHmd.png

Own opinions as a banable offence.
That place is literally scary.

Now imagine if those retards had any real power. We're talking literal gulags and genocide.

SkylineRKR

Absolutely pathetic. The allegations? Oh they mean that woman with her story full of ridiculous nonsense that didn't make any sense, she also provided zero proof and actually soon afterwards deleted her whole article? Come the fuck on now.

I was checking out that thread about his review and people said "well known sex offender, predator etc" and I'm like......what? This is the world we live in now, any fucktard can just claim shit about you, they have nothing to lose really and the one they accuse has everything to lose. facts and evidence? Who cares, sigh.

If you know how Ree works, an accusation is enough proof for them.

I think they even outright stated this at some point on their TOS, that a woman who accuses is telling the truth without further questions asked. Those guys are cray dude.

JeloSWE

You've been shadow banned. they do that so that it does not show up on the ban tracker and expect to never have a reason or duration added. If you have the same name and avatar here as you do on Resetera the mods actively search other forums for people criticizing the forum and will ban for it.
They are probably reading this topic now looking for people to ban. Its an insane overreach of authority.
I had never written a bad thing about era before the ban and didn't immediately either and there were never any duration from the start. They did give a reason tho and put the account into Junior Phase but no duration or perma indicator.

Cyborg

I was banned to but I have no hard feelings towards Era. I was dissapointed they didnt react on my e-mails when I asked for an explanation. But Neogaf had the same problems in the past, banning people for almost no reason and not reacting when you reached out for an explanation.

I think mods on Era take a bit to far but in my honest opinion I think Neogaf could do a better job when I read some of the comments.

Terenty

The most hilarious and sad thing is that these 30k confused individuals can somehow control and dictate the narrative in the industry.

How the fuck is it possible?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I was banned to but I have no hard feelings towards Era. I was dissapointed they didnt react on my e-mails when I asked for an explanation. But Neogaf had the same problems in the past, banning people for almost no reason and not reacting when you reached out for an explanation.

I think mods on Era take a bit to far but in my honest opinion I think Neogaf could do a better job when I read some of the comments.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
The most hilarious and sad thing is that these 30k confused individuals can somehow control and dictate the narrative in the industry.

How the fuck is it possible?

Uh what? They just screech the same nonsense as woke people on twitter, just even more pathetic and extreme. So any influence you see from woke cancel culture comes from social media.

Last edited:

Neogaf had the same problems in the past because it was infested with the same people.

Paracelsus

Uh what? They just screech the same nonsense as woke people on twitter, just even more pathetic and extreme.

Neogaf had the same problems in the past because it was infested with the same people.

This thing came from that pit long before the game released.

Do you believe in coincidences? I don't.

If you control what is localized technically you control what comes from Japan.

This.

ResetEra is a fucking joke.

AJ should consider this a badge of honor.

The number doesn't matter if it's an oligarchy.

Journalism was infested years ago and it hasn't been a reliable source of knowledge and information ever since.

The amount of people that don't realize this staggers me.

Last edited:

Stafford

If you know how Ree works, an accusation is enough proof for them.

I think they even outright stated this at some point on their TOS, that a woman who accuses is telling the truth without further questions asked. Those guys are cray dude.

Wwwwwwhaaat!

Yeah and if the mods don't see it themselves there will be a good amount of people that will just report/snitch on you. The other day when I was checking the thread out I saw tons of comments that in my opinion required a mod to look at...and those get ignored.

Shit like "anyone with a goatee should not be believed" and just baseless claims that he's a sex offender too. I seriously hope these idiots never ever end up in a jury because holy shit......poor accused (in the case he/she is innocent) they will be like "more often than not with these allegations its true." "we see no reason this woman would lie, therefore we side with her." or some shit like that.

These sillies even took offense last year or 2018 when in the Cyberpunk footage the friend of V calls a enemy pussy. I tire of people being offended about truly anything these days, hilarious. People also scoffed at someone that posted a tweet by Jez Corden because he apparently liked a video by Skill Up and apparently years ago Skill Up had said something "homofobic ". First of all, how the fuck do you expect someone to pay attention to that all? He just liked a video, second, this was years ago and third...who really cares? I find the word homofobic ridiculous anyway. Sounds like someone that is scared of gay people, how does that work? Scared of spiders and other Shit? I get it, but....really?

This comment right here would have gotten me dogpiled on by many folks there and then banned, lol.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte

The John Cleese part is the perfect response to the SJW/PC/Cancel bullshit these days.

Here is the best quote from the bit he does on extremists:

"You can be as nasty as you like and yet feel your behaviours morally justified. So you can strut around abusing people and telling you could eat them for breakfast and still think of yourself as a champion of the truth, a fighter for the greater good and not the rather sad paranoid schizoid that you really are. "

Last edited:

Hydelol

Banned
Do these folks step outside... just to see perspective or not?
No, people like that do NOT leave their houses. They live in their own little bubbles on the internet.

I realised last week, when WoW Streamer Reckful commited suicide, how many people wrote they have ZERO friends and thought of this streamer as their only friend. These people have no one their lives and circle jerk themselves on forums like resetera or twitter.

JeloSWE

I find the word homofobic ridiculous anyway. Sounds like someone that is scared of gay people, how does that work? Scared of spiders and other Shit? I get it, but....really?
It can also mean that you have an aversion to something not necessarily being scared of it. Some people, NOT ME, dosen't like people falling outside of the traditional mold.

xrnzaaas

No. We need that honeypot to exists. Do you want all them to spread to other sites?
True, but I mostly meant developers / youtubers etc. who have accounts there. I'd be happy to hear if they left, assuming they're there primarily because of the site's popularity, not because they share the way of thinking with people running Resetera.

Terenty

Uh what? They just screech the same nonsense as woke people on twitter, just even more pathetic and extreme. So any influence you see from woke cancel culture comes from social media.
I meant all the cases when they made developers change something because they raise stink on their forum like Ion Fury, Cyberpunk, Last Night etc.

But the answer is simple really, all the game journos hang out on resetera and work as their mothpiece

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
It's always funny to see Era puffing up their little pigeon chest & proudly stating that they will not "provide a platform" for people who already have a bigger platform than Era could ever dream of.

It's not quite the same because Angry Joe's not as big, but it's similar to how they treat Joe Rogan. He's far bigger, is more "relevant" in every way & has probably never even heard of them, yet they take pride in announcing their refusal to "provide a platform" for his content.

:messenger_clapping: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SkylineRKR

I meant all the cases when they made developers change something because they raise stink on their forum like Ion Fury, Cyberpunk, Last Night etc.

But the answer is simple really, all the game journos hang out on resetera and work as their mothpiece

The Ion Fury thing was absolutely pathetic.

dark1x from DF made a great video about it, and is obviously unaware of all that bullshittery as hes just a guy who loves to delve into the technical parts of games. Then according to Ree he dismissed certain transphobia or whatever the devs are guilty of in his video, and was pretty much chased off the site. The guy delivered lots of great content, always posts insightful, forgets one detail no one but these hacks would bat an eye over, and he gets pissed on. Ungrateful cretins.

Those guys are pathetic fools.

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
The Ion Fury thing was absolutely pathetic.

dark1x from DF made a great video about it, and is obviously unaware of all that bullshittery as hes just a guy who loves to delve into the technical parts of games. Then according to Ree he dismissed certain transphobia or whatever the devs are guilty of in his video, and was pretty much chased off the site. The guy delivered lots of great content, always posts insightful, forgets one detail no one but these hacks would bat an eye over, and he gets pissed on. Ungrateful cretins.

Those guys are pathetic fools.
Really? That's lame. Though tbh I'm sure he woulda left anyway, that guy is bad at taking any kind of criticism.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
What can you expect from a website that glorify mass genocidal maniac as hero

WHAT THE FUCK AM I READING, WHAT?

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It's absolutely crazy.
How can they ban EVERYONE who says anything basically without holding a straight finger up their ass? How is this a forum...
Forum is all about free speech and opinions. It's the internet place where we can post anything, say anything because it's text on the internet.
Yet they keep on defending these lgbt groups like crazy. It's like white people defending black people and doing more harm in the process.
Just let people hate what they hate and like what they like. I am allowed my opinion.
I like tlou2 way more than Joes does but it does not matter. His review is still good and it's his opinion.

And they ban him or whatever, for not supporting some stupid trans groups. It's a review and it does not have to be a medium for politics... especially someone else's politics. I am all pro lgbt or whatever but it does not mean I HAVE TO advertise for them all the time.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
It's absolutely crazy.
How can they ban EVERYONE who says anything basically without holding a straight finger up their ass? How is this a forum...
Forum is all about free speech and opinions. It's the internet place where we can post anything, say anything because it's text on the internet.
Yet they keep on defending these lgbt groups like crazy. It's like white people defending black people and doing more harm in the process.
Just let people hate what they hate and like what they like. I am allowed my opinion.
I like tlou2 way more than Joes does but it does not matter. His review is still good and it's his opinion.

And they ban him or whatever, for not supporting some stupid trans groups. It's a review and it does not have to be a medium for politics... especially someone elses politics

Because they are extremists and failures. So they demonize everyone to make themselves feel better. It doesn't work though, they all seem depressed and suicidal.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Let’s just get this out of the way... if you were negative towards TLOU2 because it features a lesbian, or because you’re transphobic, or anything relating to gender politics, then you are probably a man and more than likely a very little man.

Angry Joe is a small little man with a loud voice. Why should we care he gets banned from Resetera? Many people do.

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Let’s just get this out of the way... if you were negative towards TLOU2 because it features a lesbian, or because you’re transphobic, or anything relating to gender politics, then you are probably a man and more than likely a very little man.

Angry Joe is a small little man with a loud voice. Why should we care he gets banned from Resetera? Many people do.

Because of the absurdity but mainly because Reee is just a product of this cancel culture time. Its worth discussing how freedom of speech is under pressure because of twitter people.

Last edited:

CAB_Life

It's your fault for giving these soy attention.

Also check that moderator's name, "The Bear". Might be part of the "Bears" lgbtq community. So no wonder.

Funny thing is though I don't remember Joe saying anything against them. Which tells me they haven't even watched his review.

Most LGBT people are not even remotely as weird, insecure, easily triggered or paranoid as this vocal minority. You have to remember the original “goal” of LGBT rights was acceptance, not societal reconstruction and the destruction of all norms. But the movement has been completely hijacked by autogynopheliacs, pedos and narcissists galore. There’s a growing number of us—also becoming vocal—who are against this Marxist/ anarchist rhetoric, too.

Obvious mention and accolades to Sophia N.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!

Then why do you care so much about people discussing a ban? Clearly you do care enough to post here. You call him a little man, but here you are using meta word play to mask your disagreement with someones opinion.

Roufianos

Good. The crazier ResetEra gets, the quicker GAF grows back to full power. AJ will be absolutely fine without them.

It's absolutely insane how a gaming forum limits its actual video game discussion because of politics. AJ has some insightful comments? Colin Moriarty says a new R&C is in development? Too bad, you can't discuss it here.

Top Bottom