• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TVexperto

B-dubs continues to placate the crazies.

ruQcXLY.png

Yes, we are now officially going to dig into members social media.

rP0kf6M.gif
"turned out to be worse"? wtf

so saying MAGA is worse than being transphobic now? they make no sense anymore hahahaha

TVexperto

He's a former regular troll from GAF that's changed it up to be a woke troll on Era. Its the Era mods blindspot, they think trolls are only people that disagree with the narrative. If you troll on message you get a pass as they are so into sniffing their own farts anyone that seems to agree with them gets a free pass.

Case in point this weeks celebrity poster lamptramp.

nTeF8ky.png

This dude totally definitely went trans just a month ago and crys over everything. I could have made a compilation post of all the times he claimed to have cried on era.

I6JJmCS.jpg
lamptramp has to be the most obvious one. like if you turned trans 4 weeks ago im pretty sure you wouldnt spend 20 hours a day arguing over a videogame on a fucking forum

Holy shit

"We haven't made a habit of digging for members's social media in the past, but that is gonna become more regular"

They have lost the fucking plot they are gonna spy and snoop on their own fucking members cos of a few bullies having a hissy fit and causing a scene. Surely there must be some on the moderating team that are thinking "yeaaaaah erm this is getting a bit much guys".

Revenge

I just want to take this moment to apologise to you.

Years ago when I was banned from here, I had just gone through a terrible breakup and my life was in absolute shambles. Around that time was when I was banned from here and it was just like the last straw, you know? I lashed out at you and this site and said some horrible things that I am embarrassed by now - and I want you to know that I am truly sorry.

That was thrown in my face today, along with a lot of other things - some from my past that were jokes/trolling and some that are not my fault whatsoever .

I just wanted to clear the air and start fresh with you, as well as this community🤘💯

I see here a good person, and not an evil person like TransEra community wants you to look like.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
How stupid are the staff at ResetEra? We have had post after post with evidence Banshee mcspook is an obvious troll and alt account.

The troll even admitted to being an alt account.

Is B-Dubs some kind of masochist that likes to grovel and be humiliated? And why is Cerium letting a coterie of buffoons blow up his forum?
But McSpook is a real woman who only wants the option to make a “deep” vagina :messenger_tears_of_joy:

y’all never hear women complain about how shallow their vaginas are?

Last edited:

kbear

I’m not one to talk as I’ve used the word but tranny shouldn’t be said, imo. It’s a legit slur and just makes the community look bad and cut off potential new members who find it offensive, which is a perfectly reasonable response. Same deal in the real world. People from across the spectrum find it offensive, not just trans and liberals. I don’t think there should be bans for it but it’s really not a big deal to just say trans.

Revenge

Hey BC. Understood. I was informed about those Tweets, but since it was on the back of a ban and those were messy times in general, not going to hold it against you. Apology accepted and sorry about how you were treated back then as well, the bans were likely not deserved going by the >1000 bans I've reviewed and overturned since 2017.

Put that insane witch hunt at Reset behind you and ignore them. Welcome back to NeoGAF.

I also see here a good administrator. This is how the staff should handle things.

You have my respect. Thank you.

Dampf

Tranny is a fine word. If you want to be word police go to Era.
I disagree. It's not only sounds really derogatory, it is. People really should not use that word as it could really hurt other people.

Nothing to do with word policing, it's just common sense and basic empathy. If you don't have that, you should try to do better, really. Not everyone has a thick skin like you have.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I disagree. It's not only sounds really derogatory, it is. People really should not use that word as it could really hurt other people.

Nothing to do with word policing, it's just common sense and basic empathy. If you don't have that, you should try to do better, really. Not everyone has a thick skin like you have.
You are expecting humanity to change overnight. It’s ridiculous. Ace Ventura had an anti trans joke throughout the movie and that was mainstream comedy just a few decades ago. Rock Horror Picture Show has “Sweet Transvestite” and that was giant in pop culture for decades past it’s release date. Dave Chapelle making jokes using that word in Netflix specials only a year or two old. Do you think Dave Chapelle is a hateful bigot too? Admit it culture is not there yet. Face the truth.

I’m sorry you are trying to push a cultural shift that will take longer than you want. You have to be patient. This is millions of years of binary genders you want upend overnight. It’s not realistic. If you want tolerance then you have to be tolerant in return. If I get called a Nazi and a bigot then why should I be respectful back? After all these people are just men and women? What puts them above me?

Nah fuck that

Last edited:

Chris Walken

Neo Member
Shit the fuck.

I consider myself a progressive man, i don't care about Trump, Bolsonaro or the fuckers from VOX (i'm spanish).

I really think transphobia is a big problem (among others in society) .

But this level of leftist fascist scum is beyond me...seriously, fuck that forum.

teezzy

Banned
You are expecting humanity to change overnight. It’s ridiculous. Ace Ventura had an anti trans joke throughout the movie and that was mainstream comedy just a few decades ago. Rock Horro Picture Show has “Sweet Transvestite” and that was giant in pop culture for decades past it’s release date.

I’m sorry you are trying to push a cultural shift that will take longer than you want. You have to be patient. This is millions of years of binary genders you want upend overnight. It’s not realistic. If you want tolerance then you have to be tolerant in return.

Elsa.gif

mr.dilya

Banned
Man, what a shitshow. Let this be a lesson to people who think like Black Chamber that it's ok to hide the way you really feel about issues so that you can ingratiate yourself to a bunch of cult-like fascists. You don't want to be part of a community like that. I know the threads are busy but it's not worth it. I used to like posting on Neogaf back in the day but only to serve as an antidote to the lunacy. If you're just going to eat shit and shut up while you're there, get the hell away.

Resetera is absolutely going to come crashing down. It's just a matter of when, not if. There'll have to be a Re-Resetera once the current regime fails the next purity test or just goes full nazi and drives everyone off.

You know, this place used to be SJW central and frankly did an awful lot of damage, but now it could just save the industry. Let's make the Cyberpunk OT really cool.

Yeah...Resetera is done. I don't think the site will last another year.

If they ban Cyberpunk or make some half ass OT where you can't even talk about the game like a normal person, they won't recover from all the lost traffic.

TONS of people are going to be looking to sites for impressions, gameplay videos, screenshots, comparisons, reviews, etc. this week. Resetera is toast.

nush

You are expecting humanity to change overnight. It’s ridiculous. Ace Ventura had an anti trans joke throughout the movie and that was mainstream comedy just a few decades ago. Rock Horror Picture Show has “Sweet Transvestite” and that was giant in pop culture for decades past it’s release date. Dave Chapelle making jokes using that word in Netflix specials only a year or two old. Do you think Dave Chapelle is a hateful bigot too? Admit it culture is not there yet. Face the truth.

I’m sorry you are trying to push a cultural shift that will take longer than you want. You have to be patient. This is millions of years of binary genders you want upend overnight. It’s not realistic. If you want tolerance then you have to be tolerant in return. If I get called a Nazi and a bigot then why should I be respectful back? After all these people are just men and women? What puts them above me?

Nah fuck that

This isnt the hill you want to die on, take a step back from GAF for a moment and do something you enjoy. I know things are not easy for you right now.

Here's whats gonna happen.

They make the CyberPunk thread as requested, basic OT, links to charities and the transphobic actions they believe exist, etc.

The game hits shelves and is massive, the thread gets swamped with happy responses, people talking about builds, cool quests, moments and other stuff. Every attempt to steer discussion to the trans side is utterly ignored, not with malice but by the sheer weight of hype posts.

Someone finally has a melt down in the CDPR is transphobic thread and demands the game is banned. After a week the mods agree.

Then someone starts pointing out other game devs missteps and issues like Naughty Dog and Ubisoft, suddenly it starts to snowball.

By June 2021, the entire gaming section is sealed off and banned and there we are.

Buggy Loop

I read over some of it and I can see that a lot of you were disappointed in me for giving in to ResetEra's ridiculous demands over the past few months.

I don't blame you. I lost some self respect putting up with a lot of their nonsense.

Spreading Cyberpunk hype is just something I really enjoy - I would almost call it a hobby now. You literally have to tiptoe on eggshells over there with everything you say regarding this game, as of about the past 8 months or so - and it's ridiculous. You can't make a thread without someone throwing up a "Fuck CD Projekt Red" post, or another constant derailment regarding the stickied thread, or telling you that "You're shit if you are excited for it and are planning on buying this "transphobic" game".

It was exhausting and I can't see how anyone is going to have any fun trying to discuss it over there.

Then there's the moderation; which aside from being absent most of the time, it is one-sided in favor of the trans members and "protected" members...it's just insane. I don't bear any ill will toward anyone there - except for one person and I am pretty sure you can guess who that is.

*sigh of relief to be gone from there

FUCK CDPR

Just so that you have a transition from resetera to here without feeling too dizzy from contrast

Dampf

You are expecting humanity to change overnight. It’s ridiculous. Ace Ventura had an anti trans joke throughout the movie and that was mainstream comedy just a few decades ago. Rock Horro Picture Show has “Sweet Transvestite” and that was giant in pop culture for decades past it’s release date.

Nah fuck that

I'm not expecting humanity to change overnight. But if you look around you, it already happens as we cannot compare this world to the world from 20 or more years ago, things change all the time. Sure, change is a scary concept for humanity but we will get over it and if it means hurting less people in the process and preserve our environment, all the better.

I'm not calling you any of these things either, I am not like the people on ResetEra with their black and white thinking. I just want you to reconsider your words and maybe educate yourself about why this slur is not appropiate in these modern times anymore. Trans people are rightfully hurt by that slur as it presents them in an outdated and false light in the mind of people, just imagine you're not feeling comfortable in your body, have to go through all sort of things and after your accomplished your transition you feel finally happy in your body... until someone uses that slur. I bet that is a very painful feeling that really nobody should feel.

That's all I can say and do to you, really. Witch hunting and insults are not the solution to these issues, as Era demonstrates that perfectly.

Last edited:
trans rights are human rights

black lives matter

fuck white supremacy

there's no such thing as a good republican

conservatism is a cancer

Well this was extremely culty.

Black Lives DO Matter, trans rights ARE human rights, and FUCK white supremacy - agree with all that. Then you veer into something else... but please keep fighting the good fight soldier. Your loss will not be in vain? I guess? I dunno

Tranny is a slur. Anyone arguing against that has their head in the sand. I love some of y'all but goddamn

Yes, it's a slur. But the question is whether mods should step in or not. I don't think they should, and I couldn't have asked for a better illustration of that point than FunkMiller FunkMiller 's tragicomic remark. Why did he feel comfortable scolding someone for their choice of words whilst throwing double insult?

Don't approve of the, of a term?
Easy. Call out the member who uses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom