• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ResetEra Discussion -- Stay civil. Don't get personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crunch is a part of most salary positions. Any major project/delivery to client that is behind schedule always has people working past their "normal" hours.
Reminder: These are people who quite literally believe all work is evil. Every job is slavery, every hour you work, no matter how well paid, is literal slavery.

This isn't me being dramatic, this is 100% a thing that exists, and is big on resetera and certain subreddits.

Buggy Loop

Mentally exhausted to play video games? Ok, join military or some shit if your job doesn't satisfy you. Then you'll see that playing video games and getting paid for that is not exhausting at all.
This reminds me of Bill Burr’s « Being a mother is the hardest job »

You put a fucking disc in a console, play all day in your pyjamas on a couch eating Doritos for days. Oh nooo, oh god the horror. Please someone think about them, their life/career choice led to this inhuman labour. It’s like the gulags!

... /buys a brand new electronic toys made on the back of Uighurs, children and factories where they have suicide nets to make sure the worker who jumps goes right back in 5 mins later.

Peterthumpa

dYOlqT2.png

"Gaming forum"

giphy.gif
My sides 🤣

Does it have to be "published" for it to count as libel. I am obviously no expert on law.

You can absolutely libel someone on-line but you need to be able to show harm done and that's hard to do when you haven't got any monetary losses to point at and you're both using a pseudonym to no-one knows who either party actually is. If they got his real name and published that and got him sacked from his job, the that's a more possible actionable situation. Or at least it would be in the UK. I think things are bit more relaxed in the US.

Elcid

Banned
You'd think these reeeetards would check the ban list and see how quickly their kind are expunged here. Take the fucking hint you sad sacks of shit.

Elcid

Banned
I just want to take this moment to apologise to you.

Years ago when I was banned from here, I had just gone through a terrible breakup and my life was in absolute shambles. Around that time was when I was banned from here and it was just like the last straw, you know? I lashed out at you and this site and said some horrible things that I am embarrassed by now - and I want you to know that I am truly sorry.

That was thrown in my face today, along with a lot of other things - some from my past that were jokes/trolling and some that are not my fault whatsoever .

I just wanted to clear the air and start fresh with you, as well as this community🤘💯
That's why most people are in Reeee. Cause they all have problems, and instead of trying to help each other, they just enable each other to continue being broken. That's why they're like a batch of ill bred malfunctioning "adults" or man-children. We don't give a shit if you want to print out posters of the promo art of the game and bust a nut on top of them. In fact, it'd make a hilarious off topic.

That's why these Reeetards getting themselves banned is so funny. They get banned here to earn their gay stripes over at Ree, then they get banned at Ree cause it's impossible for anyone to meet their constantly changing standards, and then they come back here begging for sanctuary.

Elcid

Banned
Holy shit this is comedic gold. "MY WRATH!!!!!!"
Polygon : It sucks that Cyberpunk 2077’s edgelord marketing worked so well | ResetEra

While browsing this thread i again saw the Mcspook trolling about vag options lol.

And the mods constantly pander to this troll too.

hQwaAby.png

GPq8vNy.png

I6eCnnU.png
I can't even.
I don't understand. Is voting for Trump a bannable offense over there? They want people to report individuals suspected of being "Trumpers". Isn't that a little dramatic?
Free think is a bannable offense there. The two times I've gone there to read threads, it's literally the same thought echoed over and over again. If someone disagrees, you notice their tag is "BANNED".

Buggy Loop

LOL, is this the moral high ground now? Also, what a great way to attract and keep industry insiders when you brag about stealing their games. (y)

Wow, don't buy the game because of all the issues, but i still want to play it :messenger_loudly_crying:, so let's "pirate it" instead :messenger_poop:.
Will really show all those developers at CD projekt red, which are what, ~400 peoples, will all kinds of backgrounds, that they are all in the same basket and not worth supporting. They just poured their soul into the game. Now pirating the game is a-ok? Holy shit.

Just don't fucking play it if your convinctions can even be considered stronger than a candle's flame. 🏋️‍♀️

BKNY84

Neo Member
I couldn't take that place anymore. I rarely posted there but I had enough when someone said this place should be accepting and welcoming to all blah blah. Yet if you posted anything remotely not liberal, you were banned. I'm so glad to be out of that cesspool. Wanted to talk about the game, but those losers just couldn't let it happen. Of course my post was dismissed as a troll, yet I said everything that people knew was true. Now they're banning everyone except the real trolls. Good riddance, that site is a joke with a bunch of clowns on it. Had to defend Black Chamber, because he was getting straight up cyber bullied by losers with no life. Banning content creators over loser trolls, that's the way to get your site going for sure. After I was banned, they came out with a pure on gestapo that if anyone is found to be a Trump supporter let the mods know. Are you kidding me, what the hell is that crap? They're the real Nazis, they just don't know it.

Last edited:
I'm actually really curious, if anyone here has an Era account:

Just offhandadly mention you voted for Trump/are a republican. Like, in a political thread just go "As a republican, I think...".

I'm legitimately curious if you get banned on sight, especially if you aren't trolling about it or randomly entering threads with it.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I'm curious, what's the delta in increased activity since the past 24~48 hours? If you have that

Would have to control for the typical weekend dip. Nothing huge, but non-zero. The real significance is in the long-term trend lines:

4e3WnaC.png

qC00Zfh.png

Komatsu

Great to see lots of mature, evenhanded talk about trans issues! :messenger_bicep:

ERA lurkers: You of course are entitled to participate in whatever community suits you best, but the occasionally loony Alex Jones RW threads on the Politics subforum are just a testament to the sheer diversity of this board. I am a registered Democrat and I donate to Bernie Sanders. I was not banned from RE, I just like it here. We exist, I promise. In any case, you are welcome to join us on the Cyberpunk 2077 OT where we will talk about what binds us together: awesome games.

Last edited:

Just offhandadly mention you voted for Trump/are a republican. Like, in a political thread just go "As a republican, I think...".

I'm legitimately curious if you get banned on sight, especially if you aren't trolling about it or randomly entering threads with it.

Yeah I sometimes post in like the weekly NFL OT or such there since some fun banter can be had there. I usually steer clear from topics that gets overly political even if non political topics randomly does anyway ...

Great to see lots of mature, evenhanded talk about trans issues! :messenger_bicep:

ERA lurkers: You of course are entitled to participate in whatever community suits you best, but the occasionally loony Alex Jones RW threads on the Politics subforum are just a testament to the sheer diversity of this board. I am a registered Democrat and I donate to Bernie Sanders. I was not banned from RE, I just like it here. We exist, I promise. In any case, you are welcome to join us on the Cyberpunk 2077 OT where we will talk about what binds us together: awesome games.

As a 9000 year old dragon loli who has dedicated my entire life to my lord and saviour, Hitler-goshujisama

I respect you, lefty

Last edited:

Gifmaker

Can I just say how much I love today's events just for this post alone:

EomJAVxXIAERPbI

It's pure gold how it's basically saying: "BC pretended to be a well-meaning idiot so convincingly that we couldn't help but, naturally, assume that he was genuiely one of us." Lmao. Very telling. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
I read over some of it and I can see that a lot of you were disappointed in me for giving in to ResetEra's ridiculous demands over the past few months.

I don't blame you. I lost some self respect putting up with a lot of their nonsense.

Spreading Cyberpunk hype is just something I really enjoy - I would almost call it a hobby now. You literally have to tiptoe on eggshells over there with everything you say regarding this game, as of about the past 8 months or so - and it's ridiculous. You can't make a thread without someone throwing up a "Fuck CD Projekt Red" post, or another constant derailment regarding the stickied thread, or telling you that "You're shit if you are excited for it and are planning on buying this "transphobic" game".

It was exhausting and I can't see how anyone is going to have any fun trying to discuss it over there.

Then there's the moderation; which aside from being absent most of the time, it is one-sided in favor of the trans members and "protected" members...it's just insane. I don't bear any ill will toward anyone there - except for one person and I am pretty sure you can guess who that is.

*sigh of relief to be gone from there

I'll tell you directly that I was one of the people who insulted you and called you a coward for not standing up for yourself and giving in to the lunatics. It was just frustrating to see the accusations go unchallenged and the bullies out for blood being validated, grovelled to, and placated each and every time. I just wanted to see you or anyone else really, hit back.

Anyway, if you saw those posts and they made you feel bad, I also want to say that I apologize. I was a resetera member too once, and I know the extremes that one goes to to prevent from being banned, I compromised my principles several times just to stay on board- but obviously not quite enough. Glad you'll have somewhere to post and express your excitement and impressions once the game launches. I think you'll be safe from abuse here.

lunnuyu

you'll probably go through a public lynch

just imagine the medieval public executions for whoever had different opinions or thinking compared to the religious leadership back then... it would be the equivalent of that

DeviantBoi

Would have to control for the typical weekend dip. Nothing huge, but non-zero. The real significance is in the long-term trend lines:

4e3WnaC.png

qC00Zfh.png
What happened in May 2020?

I think at it's absolute core, what Era wants is admirable. It's good to want minority voices to be heart and respected, but creating a forum where you have to walk on the lightest of eggshells where even disagreement or not responding back in time gets you a ban is worthless. Who wants to post there? I'd rather post somewhere where every so often you get a racist/hateful person bursting in and getting generally ignored or mocked over a sterile wasteland.

Saruhashi

Banned
Unironically, I say Trans people are human too and shouldn’t be villainized.
Believe me, they’re just like me and you. Dealing with life and daily routines.

I just want to say that Era doesn’t portray all Trans people. What it does, is portraying them in bad light.

It mostly portrays them as crazy, super dramatic, bullies and assholes, it also doesn’t help that some of them think they’re center of the universe just because of their sexuality. Half of them are larping and cis white males(as Era likes to say very much) think they’re King of Trans after talking with them for two days. You know exactly what I mean...

Put Era and those loons aside. Don’t let them make you hateful like themselves.
Trans people deserve to live a good life and be treated fairly.

Era =/= all Trans folk

Peace💯🤘🏻🙏🏻

RWlkc3d.jpg

100% spot on.

Sometimes it's really easy to get wrapped up in all this and say some mean stuff that really isn't meant to apply to anyone outside of a few specific posters over there.

It's good to take a step back and remember this is one set of people on a single internet forum and not representative of the world at large.

Unfortunately they seem to have some kind of influence in the videogame industry (at the very least they have the ear of some publishers, developers and many journalists).

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Absolutely. Centrist atheist here. Pro choice. Environmentalist. Anti Trump. I argue frequently over politics with people on here... and then go agree with them completely about an awesome game we’re both looking forward to. Because when you get right fucking down to it, unless someone is being clearly bigoted or hateful (which the mods ban or I happily throw on ignore) none of this shit is worth getting stressed or angry about.

Join us, ERA refugees. Help us make this forum even better!*

*unless you like Zack Snyder films, in which case fuck right off.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Centrist atheist here. Pro choice. Environmentalist. Anti Trump. I argue frequently over politics with people on here... and then go agree with them completely about an awesome game we’re both looking forward to. Because when you get right fucking down to it, unless someone is being clearly bigoted or hateful (which the mods ban) none of this shit is worth getting stressed or angry about.

Join us, ERA refugees. Help us make this forum even better!*

*unless you like Zack Snyder films, in which case fuck right off.

I like Zack Synder films

Please kindly off your self for the greater good of my race

Fucking pedestrian

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
So, Era got TaySan and we got @Black Chamber . I'd say we got the better of that deal:

5nB5JRB.png

Yes... "all he had to do was say the words we wanted him to say exactly as we wanted him to say them."

I almost, almost, can't believe that they think this is in some way acceptable.

The dude said his threads were open to all and for the enjoyment of all.
Putting his time and effort in for the enjoyment of his community.

However, he wouldn't say precisely what we demanded so off with his head!

4e3WnaC.png

qC00Zfh.png
Keep in mind that NeoGAF has been going up steady since end of October 2019... when the Nationals won the World Series. Actually since May 23-24 2019 when the Nationals caught fire after starting 19-31.

c539fba1f98ba91a1d2152e8cde3b08f.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom