• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake |OT| Welcome back stranger! What are you RE-buyin'

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
First game I’ve played in years where when I beat it, I started a new game RIGHT AWAY. Capcom has lightning in a bottle here, this game is just so god damn playable.
I’ve beaten it 7 times. Every run is rewarding. I did some ng+ runs to get the ashley armor then used that armor to do NG S+ runs to get chicken hat and unlockables to do a professional s+ rank.

Great game. Look up all the skips you can do to clear the game faster. They are all amazing lol

Yeah that's one of the downsides that you're trading for it. Earlier by slots, I meant the amount of space it takes on your inventory which is actually 5 instead of 4 that I mentioned earlier. 1x5 to be exact. The default shotgun takes up 2x8 inventory space.

That's very important in the earlier stages of the game when you haven't upgraded your case yet.
My mistake. I guess space is not that big a concern for me even early on.

Is anyone else having trouble enjoying other games since RE4 came out? I bought the Horizon DLC and my prevailing thought while playing it was “I’d rather be playing RE4”. So I booted up mercenaries, and am about to start my 4th playthrough 😅
After doing my 4th playthrough of REm4ke, I started an RE8 playthrough in 3rd person mode to play something different, but with a similar vibe (so I wouldn’t get burnt out). Think I got a new appreciation for 8, and like it more now than I did when I first played it at launch. Despite my personal criticisms of REm4ke, Capcom has been probably one of the most consistent devs of this gen and last.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I fully upgraded the Punisher for the wooden shield monks. Kinda underdeliverd.

Also kinda annoying you can't buy/trade those blue ammo things

Last edited:

clem84

Gold Member
Does anyone know what is the most efficient way to use yellow herbs?

From what I can see, to max out the effect of the yellow herbs (higher HP), every time you use one you have to make sure a red herb is also in the mix. Either G+R+Y, or R+Y. I don't know if R+Y is even possible.

killatopak

Gold Member
Does anyone know what is the most efficient way to use yellow herbs?

From what I can see, to max out the effect of the yellow herbs (higher HP), every time you use one you have to make sure a red herb is also in the mix. Either G+R+Y, or R+Y. I don't know if R+Y is even possible.
Green and Yellow gives you the same amount of max hp increase as GRY. GRY just heals you more. It is better to make GRY to sell to the merchant. 10k for that mix and 20k if you have the beetle charm.

RY is possible but you can't use it without a green herb.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Question for those that finished the game on hardcore and or professional.

The Luis coke ride right, seeing the reticule is huge is the trick to remember when the carts are coming so you line up your shots beforehand so the reticule will decrease?

Maybe it should just practice this part on standard because there are some exploding barrels. Prioritize the ones that tend to shoot first etc

killatopak

Gold Member

The Luis coke ride right, seeing the reticule is huge is the trick to remember when the carts are coming so you line up your shots beforehand so the reticule will decrease?

Maybe it should just practice this part on standard because there are some exploding barrels. Prioritize the ones that tend to shoot first etc
It's not required to remember where they'll come from but it is a good strategy. They die in one hit anyway so you just have to patient about the reticule focusing. To make it even easier, you can wear the helmet that makes it possible to use aim assist on any difficulty.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
It's not required to remember where they'll come from but it is a good strategy. They die in one hit anyway so you just have to patient about the reticule focusing. To make it even easier, you can wear the helmet that makes it possible to use aim assist on any difficulty.

Thanks. also Just discoveres you can shoot up their carts

Thanks

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm under 10 hours on standard at 50% because my stupid ass can't ignore the treasures. Need a below 20 hour finish for A rank for the goodies. Fuck the treasures i guess

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Finished it with a B rank on normal yesterday. Still like the original more but its the best modern remake imo. Bossfights are lame tho, wtf at Salazar

taizuke

Chapter 14 Spoiler.

Is it just me or Ashley being able to
handlea crane with ease
not believable?

I know this is a game where you fight mutated zombies and that I shouldn't criticize this, but am I crazy? Is this in the original?

I still love the game. It's amazing. But, this took me out a little bit.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Chapter 14 Spoiler.

handlea crane with ease
not believable?

I know this is a game where you fight mutated zombies and that I shouldn't criticize this, but am I crazy? Is this in the original?

She drives a truck in the original.

Sleepwalker

Chapter 14 Spoiler.

handlea crane with ease
not believable?

She just likes Miley Cyrus

GenericUser

Don't remember that part. I guess that's why she says the
"drivers ed" line when she gets on the crane machine.
Many people don't. They only remember the good parts and forget about the shitty parts in the original. There are only a few, to be honest, but said truck section is one of them. The crane section seems to be the replacement for the truck section and is much better imo.

SnapShot

This spot is fucking stupid, can't just jump across to reach the elevator, no.... have to jump down and take a long circle around the area just to reach it. they should have at least made it look like it's actually hard to reach, like... i dunno, move the elevator away a bit or put something to block the way or something

unknown-2023-05-18-19-08.png

clem84

Gold Member
Anyone here do your first playthrough on hardcore? I honestly kind of regret doing so. I'm at the castle and every part is extremely difficult and I end up dying multiple times, basically because I'm always running out of ammo.

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Anyone here do your first playthrough on hardcore? I honestly kind of regret doing so. I'm at the castle and every part is extremely difficult and I end up dying multiple times, basically because I'm always running out of ammo.
I did. The hardest for me was the beginning. I am on chapter 8 right now. I don't mind dying a few times to do each part right, with no ammo wasted and mostly on the Red9. 13h according to the game, 20h+ for my PS5. As long as you shoot ennemies in the head it can get easy to recover ammo. Don't hesitate to let ennemies kill you if in a zone you find just money and no ammo. As it is often random. That is how you can get from 300 pesetas twice to +10 or +20 ammo.

Many people don't. They only remember the good parts and forget about the shitty parts in the original. There are only a few, to be honest, but said truck section is one of them. The crane section seems to be the replacement for the truck section and is much better imo.
Honestly I prefer the Truck section over the remake’s crane section. They’re both wave defense sections but I like how the Truck section is moving/has different phases and you also have to pay attention for the other trucks. It’s at least something a bit more involved than a basic wave defense section.

The best part about the Crane section in REm4ke is that you can skip it. Otherwise it’s just a slog of enemies that you either fight and waste your ammo on or just run around kiting them everywhere.

Last edited:

GenericUser

Honestly I prefer the Truck section over the remake’s crane section. They’re both wave defense sections but I like how the Truck section is moving/has different phases and you also have to pay attention for the other trucks. It’s at least something a bit more involved than a basic wave defense section.

The best part about the Crane section in REm4ke is that you can skip it. Otherwise it’s just a slog of enemies that you either fight and waste your ammo on or just run around kiting them everywhere.
That's a very valid opinion

Soodanim

Gold Member
I just installed this mod and it makes the game so much more fun to play. Night and day, the lack of aiming zoom and the resulting extra camera control is with no exaggeration a game changer. I might even give this game another go, it makes that much of a difference in Mercenaries (have you install the related mod for that).

What makes it even better is that all you need to do is download Fluffy Mod Manager, unzip it wherever you want (I chose the RE4R directory), download the No Zoom mods, then drags their zips onto the open FMM window and enable. 2 minutes at most and you'll have the game feeling far less sluggish. God knows why they made it zoom in the first place, this feels so much closer to the original now.

I'm more interested in the Mercenaries updates now.

I just installed this mod and it makes the game so much more fun to play. Night and day, the lack of aiming zoom and the resulting extra camera control is with no exaggeration a game changer. I might even give this game another go, it makes that much of a difference in Mercenaries (have you install the related mod for that).

What makes it even better is that all you need to do is download Fluffy Mod Manager, unzip it wherever you want (I chose the RE4R directory), download the No Zoom mods, then drags their zips onto the open FMM window and enable. 2 minutes at most and you'll have the game feeling far less sluggish. God knows why they made it zoom in the first place, this feels so much closer to the original now.

Wow, you may have just fixed the game for me.

Thanks for the tip. Really enjoying the mod.

SkylineRKR

Mercs is fucking great in this, all heroes have a unique super. Ofcourse Wesker is bossing around again. This is easily the best rendition of Mercs since RE5, that game might win out because of the sheer amount of content. Mercs is also a good reason to go TPS and melee, Village mercs is a boring slog in comparison.

This spot is fucking stupid, can't just jump across to reach the elevator, no.... have to jump down and take a long circle around the area just to reach it. they should have at least made it look like it's actually hard to reach, like... i dunno, move the elevator away a bit or put something to block the way or something

unknown-2023-05-18-19-08.png
Nathan Drake and Lara Croft would have easily used the wooden beams on the right to climb across. Hell, I could probably do it after testing the weight tolerance with objects from the surrounding area.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

Luis hooks me up with the fattest rails yo

SkylineRKR

I managed to score a million in Mercs, with Ada(dress), its not enough for the overall leaderboard which has 1.3m minimum but on her personal leaderboard i am ranked. I love this version of Mercs, in terms of mechanics, melee and shooting its perfect. But the scoring system, i don't know. It seems the only viable way is abusing mayhem mode with precision weapons, which is probably harder to do on console than on PC and with some characters more difficult because of loadout. The best way is indeed dropping everything but rifle so the ammo drops are adjusted, I didn't play like this but it could work, activate mayhem, find a line of sight and pop heads. With parries you can rack up the bar again.

Time is very lenient, its not a problem to reach 150 kills here, aside from staying alive.

But imagine Mercs Reunion with this updated control mechanics and co-op play. I think it would be great and I would buy a possible RE5R just for this.

Well, I finally managed to get into the game after bouncing off of it a couple of times. I got used to the controls quite quickly this time, and am absolutely blown away. I'm not sure what happened, last time I tried it I died like 8 times in the first village and just couldnt get used to the controls, this time when I picked it up, everything was much more smooth. The way they kept the areas familiar yet different is particularly interesting. I am just about to ride the boat and absolutely love how they added more lakeside locales to the village. The return to the church in the village was particularly awesome. This is my GOTY.

Top Bottom