• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 Remake |OT| Welcome back stranger! What are you RE-buyin'

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Oh btw i got the shoot 2 parasites in 1 shot!!!!!

Tom Cruise GIF

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
New patch fixes the XSX IQ (basically restores it to how it was pre-patch) AND further improves the right stick's/aiming input lag.

This true? I stopped my third playthrough because I was pissed!

This is amazing news if true!

Holy shit, I think you are right? Ive tested it on my 42 inch lg c2 and it looks sharp again...but maybe I'm tripping.

Last edited:
This true? I stopped my third playthrough because I was pissed!

This is amazing news if true!

Holy shit, I think you are right? Ive tested it on my 42 inch lg c2 and it looks sharp again...but maybe I'm tripping.
It's true, you're not tripping 😁

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Looks awesome on xbox now and has the improved deadzone....OK, playthrough three to be finished.

Gg capcom, thanks for fixing. Back to being the superior version now on iq and controls feel super sharp.

Hopefully digital Foundry and NX gamer revisits the game after this patch.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Great news all, I can confirm the xbox version is more or less fixed. Played all morning on my 65 inch CX and it looks sharp and amazing again plus also has amazing aim response now.

Really chuffed with capcom for fixing it back, but it should have launched like this.

I just wonder if NX Gamer will cover it again now the xbox version is fixed. Seems to be the best console version now.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Great news all, I can confirm the xbox version is more or less fixed. Played all morning on my 65 inch CX and it looks sharp and amazing again plus also has amazing aim response now.

Really chuffed with capcom for fixing it back, but it should have launched like this.

I just wonder if NX Gamer will cover it again now the xbox version is fixed. Seems to be the best console version now.

Shit now i have to buy a Xbox...

JK I'm happy you'll finally got the update <3

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Doing my 3rd run now on Standard. Want to get an A ranking. Can't manage 5 hour yet. Looked up al the shortcuts but i'd need the Infinite rocketlauncher and more general knowledge of the game. Most addictive game since Elden Ring

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
How do I unlock this hahaha sounds fun!

Available after my first clear on normal for 2 million. There is a briefcase charm that will drop it by 20% which I didn't have. I had enough money around chapter 10 in my playthrough. I did sell a few juiced out weapons which will be easy enough to rebuy/upgrade since you will no be spending resources anymore.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Available after my first clear on normal for 2 million. There is a briefcase charm that will drop it by 20% which I didn't have. I had enough money around chapter 10 in my playthrough. I did sell a few juiced out weapons which will be easy enough to rebuy/upgrade since you will no be spending resources anymore.

Oh nice and it has infinite ammo?

nbkicker

Well debating if to buy this, was never a fan of resident evil games , never really played any of the early games to the end, then went back to resident evil 7 two yrs ago and loved it and completed the full game and all the dlc, then bought village and played that to the finish, now debating should i play re4 , all the reviews seem to be very positive

killatopak

Gold Member
For those that like numbers

D02RxTu.jpg

Well debating if to buy this, was never a fan of resident evil games , never really played any of the early games to the end, then went back to resident evil 7 two yrs ago and loved it and completed the full game and all the dlc, then bought village and played that to the finish, now debating should i play re4 , all the reviews seem to be very positive
RE4 is like an improved Village imo. It should be good if you enjoyed Village.

Apocryphon

They built on 7, adding elements from 4 to Village. I think 7 is a better game than Village, and RE4 feels closer to Village and yet remains a completely different kind of game. 4 is simply incredible; the story is batshit as usual but it’s full of better characters than Village, and the combat is the best the series has ever been. Weapons impacts in 4 remake are perfect and a massive improvement over Village. I think you’d enjoy it.

Then once you’re done, do yourself a huge favour and okay the remake of RE2. It’s perfect, but it doesn’t feel like RE4 at all. It’s darker, more grounded, and more *realistic*.

GooseMan69

Is anyone else having trouble enjoying other games since RE4 came out? I bought the Horizon DLC and my prevailing thought while playing it was “I’d rather be playing RE4”. So I booted up mercenaries, and am about to start my 4th playthrough 😅

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
For what it's worth, the easiest opportunity to get this is with guy who ate the wrench. He's a sitting duck in that tube before you wake him up, so you can just line up a good angle to nail the two parasites at once.

Lmao. Thought it afterwards. Also got lucky in the hanging bodybag section. Triggered two without having the thermal scope. Got them both down fast.

Is anyone else having trouble enjoying other games since RE4 came out? I bought the Horizon DLC and my prevailing thought while playing it was “I’d rather be playing RE4”. So I booted up mercenaries, and am about to start my 4th playthrough 😅

Same here. It's very addicting. Haven't had this since Elden Ring. I'm midway my 3rd. Enjoy bro

killatopak

Gold Member
But it starts with 2 slots and only upgrades to 6... It has less stopping power and spread then the default shotgun and takes forever to reload.
Yeah that's one of the downsides that you're trading for it. Earlier by slots, I meant the amount of space it takes on your inventory which is actually 5 instead of 4 that I mentioned earlier. 1x5 to be exact. The default shotgun takes up 2x8 inventory space.

That's very important in the earlier stages of the game when you haven't upgraded your case yet.

Top Bottom