• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The funny thing is that a more horror-focused Resident Evil game is coming out in, like, a couple of weeks, but they all seem unaware of its existence.
...or they don't want to buy a shitty handheld just to play it.

Dice

That's a nice decision to make, however it also means that you shouldnt complain because of something you yourself are responsible for.
Right, because if that game sold really well on 3DS they would definitely make horror-focused games for consoles and not just assume that all horror-focused titles should be locked to handhelds.

StuBurns

Banned
Do people seriously not see the difference between a 3DS game and a PS360 game? Just because RE:R exists, doesn't mean people can't hope for a 'real' RE that is horror focused.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
GT Pop-Block

Edit: eeeeeeh GT, i think you're wrong on that one, no?

55555555555gs6mz.png

StuBurns

Banned
What about Revelations isn't "real RE"?
It's designed for a portable system, to be played in little chunks, compared to RE5, it looks like ass. Lots of things. People can value RE:R all they wish, but to pretend it's the same as RE6 being a horror game is untrue. It's exactly the same nonsense this board was filled with when people were calling Peace Walker 'MGS5'.

It's a 'real' RE, but so is anything with that name. It's not RE6, which is what matters to many people.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
...or they don't want to buy a shitty handheld just to play it.
Which has nothing to do with what I said. The game is still getting made, and releasing in a couple of weeks. You're free to not buy it for whatever reason, but it's your own choice and doesn't mean such a game doesn't exist.

It's designed for a portable system, to be played in little chunks, compared to RE5, it looks like ass. Lots of things. People can value RE:R all they wish, but to pretend it's the same as RE6 being a horror game is untrue. It's exactly the same nonsense this board was filled with when people were calling Peace Walker 'MGS5'.

It's a 'real' RE, but so is anything with that name. It's not RE6, which is what matters to many people.
I didn't know only main numbered games were worthy of being considered part of a franchise.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
I really don't care about the number. I care about design compromises for portability and a technological step backwards.
Which have nothing to do with the point at hand. I don't think anyone claimed Revelations is RE6 (which, I agree, would be as idiotic as the Peace Walker being MGS5 nonsense). This doesn't mean it should be ignored altogether, though.
People are complaining about the focus on action in RE6 and wishing the series to move its focus back to its horror roots, when a full fledged Resident Evil game supposedly moving the focus back to said horror roots is releasing in a couple of weeks.
Does a game need to look better than its previous release to be worth considering? Honestly, I can't see what your point is.

StuBurns

Banned
Which have nothing to do with the point at hand. I don't think anyone claimed Revelations is RE6 (which, I agree, would be as idiotic as the Peace Walker being MGS5 nonsense). This doesn't mean it should be ignored altogether, though.
People are complaining about the focus on action in RE6 and wishing the series to move its focus back to its horror roots, when a full fledged Resident Evil game supposedly moving the focus back to said horror roots is releasing in a couple of weeks.
Does a game need to look better than its previous release to be worth considering? Honestly, I can't see what your point is.
The point is, you consider RE:R to be 'full fledged', some don't.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
How is it not? Because of the episodic structure? RE4 and RE5 also have several chapters. What else is different? Please don't say it's because RE5 looks better. Please.

cvxfreak

But it is full-fledged according to the very people who made it. Capcom has even drawn comparisons to CODE: Veronica, the last main series RE game without a number. The style is distinct, but saying RER is not "full-fledged" is not the right description. In fact, RER takes some directions that are not seen in other main series entries, but are important parts of being a full-fledged game/experience, such as moving while shooting, a voice track in 6 languages, and so forth.

Dice

Right. So I'll drop $200 to get the system and game, hunch over the amazing 3.5" screen and relish in the horrific atmosphere. Surely that would be worth it and satisfy all my longings for where I imagined RE as being capable of going.

StuBurns

Banned
But it is full-fledged according to the very people who made it. Capcom has even drawn comparisons to CODE: Veronica, the last main series RE game without a number. The style is distinct, but saying RER is not "full-fledged" is not the right description. In fact, RER takes some directions that are not seen in other main series entries, but are important parts of being a full-fledged game/experience, such as moving while shooting, a voice track in 6 languages, and so forth.
Oh well, if the developer say so.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Right. So I'll drop $200 to get the system and game, hunch over the amazing 3.5" screen and relish in the horrific atmosphere. Surely that would be worth it and satisfy all my longings for where I imagined RE as being capable of going.

Myself said:
Which has nothing to do with what I said. The game is still getting made, and releasing in a couple of weeks. You're free to not buy it for whatever reason, but it's your own choice and doesn't mean such a game doesn't exist.

wrowa

" The team didn’t focus on the fact that it was for a handheld; they just made a full-on Resident Evil"

From the latest Iwata Asks. The team obviously think they have done a full-fledged Resident Evil. But I guess you know it better, lol.

Dice

How are we pretending it doesn't exist by saying that it doesn't even come close to being what we desire?

Sadist

How are we pretending it doesn't exist by saying that it doesn't even come close to being what we desire?
Because Revelations is the closest you will get to a more "traditional" RE experience in this day and age.

It's that simple. The RE experience you long for won't be coming back any time soon if RE 6 sells as much as RE 5.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
What do you desire, then? Your posts only mentioned it not running on your platform of choice.

Bear in mind, I don't really have any interest in defending anything about the game. I just found it funny how people are complaining about RE moving away from horror right before the release of a more horror focused RE (the timing of such a complaint is what was funny to me, if that wasn't clear), but some of the replies to my post have been... unexpected.

People say RE6 seem to look worse than RE5 (honestly, I disagree). Stu listed one of the reason for dismissing Revelations as it looking worse than RE5.
By that logic, RE6 should be ignored as well ;p

StuBurns

Banned
No, it's a full-fledged RE game because I say so.
Touche, do you know the one opinion on RE I trust above yours? Mine.

People can argue all day, what actually matters is the opinion of the individual poster. If you're appeased by RE:R, wonderful, but it's not for Capcom, or you, or Jocchan or anyone to 'correct' the opinions of others.

cvxfreak

Touche, do you know the one opinion on RE I trust above yours? Mine.

People can argue all day, what actually matters is the opinion of the individual poster. If you're appeased by RE:R, wonderful, but it's not for Capcom, or you, or Jocchan or anyone to 'correct' the opinions of others.

I can't believe you took that comment seriously.

Sylver

Banned
GT Pop-Block

Edit: eeeeeeh GT, i think you're wrong on that one, no?

55555555555gs6mz.png

According with IGN she's Sherry not Ashley:
Much speculation has surrounded the identity of the unnamed mercenary character's companion, a blonde woman. Many people have theorized that the character is Ashley Graham due to the story's involvement of the president, who may or may not be President Graham. However, our sources have confirmed to us that the character is actually Sherry Birkin, daughter of Resident Evil 2's villain, William Birkin.
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216937p1.html

cvxfreak

I didn't. You even used italics.

Yes.

Okay. Let me rephrase: I can't believe you actually had to respond in that manner.

Anyway, I'm personally glad Capcom can see past insular and outdated opinions and make great experiences regardless of the platform. I hope Revelations is not the last handheld RE we get this generation. I want more.

Top Bottom