• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6: Bro-Splosion Announced, Nov 20 PS3/360, PC Later, PR/Trailer In OP

PKrockin

Its on a portable system (shitty one at that), and portable games aren't real games.

SMH some people..

I have no idea. The graphics and segmented gameplay argument honestly almost seems like troll logic.

Is it "I can't enjoy horror games on anything but my 60" plasma and 7.1 surround sound"?

StuBurns

Banned
Anyway, I'm personally glad Capcom can see past insular and outdated opinions and make great experiences regardless of the platform. I hope Revelations is not the last handheld RE we get this generation. I want more.
There have been two in less than a one year of this handheld generation. There's is practically no chance there won't be another one.

cvxfreak

I don't know what that means. RE4 and RE4 with CVX?

And the 2D stuff doesn't seem really possible.

Oops; meant RECVX.

If Capcom made the appropriate adjustments, RE0/REmake would work, particularly on the 3DS. But then again, it's Capcom. Sometimes you love 'em, sometimes you hate 'em.

StuBurns

Banned
Oops; meant RECVX.
Oh, I thought you possibly meant the two chronicles games that are coming to PS360 from the Wii. That maybe they had some combined name too.
If Capcom made the appropriate adjustments, RE0/REmake would work, particularly on the 3DS. But then again, it's Capcom. Sometimes you love 'em, sometimes you hate 'em.
EDIT: Seems quite possible. They could warp the 2D art over geometry like that terribly named Final Fantasy game.

Okay, here's RE5:

http://www.abload.de/img/re5dx92009-09-2613-000vk4q.jpg[/IG]

Amaze me...[/QUOTE]

that's RE5 as all 20 people who bought for PC and had amazing rigs saw it.

this thread is a carnival of stupid over the very first look anyone has gotten at this game. It's like nobody took a math class with "Not Enough Information" as an option to a problem....

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
RE0 and REmake would require some non-trivial work. I doubt Capcom would bother.

StuBurns

Banned
that's RE5 as all 20 people who bought for PC and had amazing rigs saw it.

this thread is a carnival of stupid over the very first look anyone has gotten at this game. It's like nobody took a math class with "Not Enough Information" as an option to a problem....

Ironically, you completely missed the context of that post... Not enough information brah.
RE0 and REmake would require some non-trivial work. I doubt Capcom would bother.

It would be a lot less work than RE:R has been.

Do people seriously not see the difference between a 3DS game and a PS360 game? Just because RE:R exists, doesn't mean people can't hope for a 'real' RE that is horror focused.

What about Revelations isn't "real RE"?

It's designed for a portable system, to be played in little chunks, compared to RE5, it looks like ass. Lots of things. People can value RE:R all they wish, but to pretend it's the same as RE6 being a horror game is untrue. It's exactly the same nonsense this board was filled with when people were calling Peace Walker 'MGS5'.

It's a 'real' RE, but so is anything with that name. It's not RE6, which is what matters to many people.

Which has nothing to do with what I said. The game is still getting made, and releasing in a couple of weeks. You're free to not buy it for whatever reason, but it's your own choice and doesn't mean such a game doesn't exist.

I didn't know only main numbered games were worthy of being considered part of a franchise.

I really don't care about the number. I care about design compromises for portability and a technological step backwards.

Considering how they are going for completely different looks in those games, no Revelations doesn't look like ass in any way.

Okay, here's RE5:

re5dx92009-09-2613-000vk4q.jpg

Amaze me...

Ironically, you completely missed the context of that post... Not enough information brah.

I think I have all the information I need.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Oh, sure. But that one is a brand new game, which they probably expect to sell more than yet another re-release of 0 and REmake. Porting those two games would probably require more work than, well, any of the 3D ones (and would, most importantly, require access to the original assets they prerendered the backgrounds from). They would have to re-render everything (in 3D) and change a significant number of camera angles because of the small, low res screen not meshing well with some wider shots.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I just realized this game will get 35%-50% price slashed a week later after release, due to Black Friday

So 1 week wait = $29.99-$34.99 price tag.... hmmm....

StuBurns

Banned
Oh, sure. But that one is a brand new game, which they probably expect to sell more than yet another re-release of 0 and REmake. Porting those two games would probably require more work than, well, any of the 3D ones (and would, most importantly, require access to the original assets they prerendered the backgrounds from). They would have to re-render everything (in 3D) and change a significant number of camera angles because of the small, low res screen not meshing well with some wider shots.
True, but it's strange they haven't been rereleased more, they got those Wii ports, but for an RE, I'd expect more releases. The 3DS is really the only system they could still come to without completely being remade.

And I've never played 0, so fingers crossed anyway.

maybe her eyes changed cause she has a virus in her

This is resident evil: The girl could be a fusion between Ashley and Sherry and I wouldn't be surprised.

I think the people call the graphics in the trailer "worse" than RE5 are comparing it to screens from RE5 PC? Which it obviously does.

I don't think it looks worse than the console versions of RE5 if you account for shitty Youtube encoding.

Definetly some aspects are worse, but the scale, number of characters on screen and lightning are very much improved.

Haunted

I think the people call the graphics in the trailer "worse" than RE5 are comparing it to screens from RE5 PC?

I don't think it looks worse than the console versions of RE5 if you account for shitty Youtube encoding.

No, your post said the game had only just been shown, which means you thought my post was about RE6. So when you read my reply, then you decided to find out what it actually meant. But nice try.

what the fuck are you even talking about? My sentence about your RE5 PC pic was independent from the general one about this thread.

But have fun being the schadenfreude attention monkey for this page. I'm sure arguing about graphics and which game is the true game in the series is really important stuff and it won't make you an object of ridicule for people reading this forum at all (not just posters but lurkers too.) The neogaf slogan: "Industry's guiltiest pleasure" is about reading post by people like you.

StuBurns

Banned
I think the people call the graphics in the trailer "worse" than RE5 are comparing it to screens from RE5 PC?

The quality certainly doesn't help.

What is the best source at the moment? GamersHell usually has the untouched press versions, but even their version is crappy.
what the fuck are you even talking about? My sentence about your RE5 PC pic was independent from the general one about this thread.
In which case, you're even less correct. I think RE6 looks great, the trailer excited me. And I don't care if people mock my posts.

They're comparing unfinished game footage for a PS360 title in a trailer 11 months away from release to a finished product running on PC at max settings.

GAF will be GAF. The graphics in the game look great.

Haunted

Definetly some aspects are worse, but the scale, number of characters on screen and lightning are very much improved.
I don't think we can say with certainty that anything is worse at this point, tbh. But we won't know for sure until we get some proper screen grabs instead of this video.

If they really did have to downgrade some aspects of the graphics to improve others, I hope we do not get a similarly compromised version of the game on the PC. I'd be really disappointed. :/

I don't think we can say with certainty that anything is worse at this point, tbh. But we won't know for sure until we get some proper screen grabs instead of this video.

If they really did have to downgrade some aspects of the graphics to improve others, I hope we do not get a similarly compromised version of the game on the PC. I'd be really disappointed. :/

Definetly is a very strong word, indeed, but that's the feel I got after watching the trailer several times and I didn't played RE5 on PC.

But anyway I don't get the complaints I think it looks great.

BIOhazardous

Neo Member
lolwut? if anything this trailer is more indicative of his style than previous RE games.

RE5 didnt do anything for the story might as well be non canon like code veronica. trailer makes it seem like its following the storyline from RE4.
What the hell. Code Veronica is canon lol And RE5's story certinaly has a LOT to do with previous entries, no to mention fucking Wesker is dead for good.

RE5 = good in the story department, not so much in the gameplay
RE4 = better in the gameplay, atmosphere. Sucky story

wrowa

In which case, you're even less correct. I think RE6 looks great, the trailer excited me. And I don't care if people mock my posts.
I guess you've a bad day today. He wasn't talking about RE6 at all. He was simply criticizing that you took a PC screenshot of RE5 at max settings to represent RE5's graphical fidelity, even though the console versions look considerably worse than that.

What the hell. Code Veronica is canon lol And RE5's story certinaly has a LOT to do with previous entries, no to mention fucking Wesker is dead for good.

RE5 = good in the story department, not so much in the gameplay
RE4 = better in the gameplay, atmosphere. Sucky story

I can't believe anyone could consider RE5 story better than 4, both are stupid, but only one takes itself seriously enough to not even be fun to watch.

Hint: Is not RE4 story.

StuBurns

Banned
I guess you've a bad day today. He wasn't talking about RE6 at all. He was simply criticizing that you took a PC screenshot of RE5 at max settings to represent RE5's graphical fidelity, even though the console versions look considerably worse than that.
That post wasn't about the graphical comparison.

It was about the 'carnival of stupid'. If people are overreacting to the trailer and shitting on it, I'm not amongst them. I think it looks great. I'm excited to play it. However, I think it's fair for people to express their disappointment over the trailer and how they think it reflects the game personally.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Yes, the lighting is much better in RE6, but the texture fidelity is much worse in current trailer.
It's a blurry, compressed trailer. You can't tell much about texture fidelity. You can judge the lighting though, and that one looks much improved.

I have no idea. The graphics and segmented gameplay argument honestly almost seems like troll logic.
It is. People say they want an RE game where you count bullets before and after shooting monsters, where you're afraid to turn corners or open doors to a new room, where you gotta solve puzzles for opening locked doors, but when someone mentions RER they say 'herp derp its not a real RE', whatever that means.

Gravijah

It is. People say they want an RE game where you count bullets before and after shooting monsters, where you're afraid to turn corners or open doors to a new room, where you gotta solve puzzles for opening locked doors, but when someone mentions RER they say 'herp derp its not a real RE', whatever that means.

what if i want those things and i'm excited for revelations

That post wasn't about the graphical comparison.

It was about the 'carnival of stupid'. If people are overreacting to the trailer and shitting on it, I'm not amongst them. I think it looks great. I'm excited to play it. However, I think it's fair for people to express their disappointment over the trailer and how they think it reflects the game personally.

just stop posting because you're all twisted around

BIOhazardous

Neo Member
I can't believe anyone could consider RE5 story better than 4, both are stupid, but only one takes itself seriously enough to not even be fun to watch.

Hint: Is not RE4 story.
RE5 story is not stellar either, but like I said relates to past entries in the series (again, not exactly stellar either). RE4 was meh to me, mainly because it had little to do with previous entries.

RE5 story is not stellar either, but like I said relates to past entries in the series (again, not exactly stellar either). RE4 was meh to me, mainly because it had little to do with previous entries.

So basically you're not judging the stories on individual merits, but rather by how well they connect to previous (messy) stories?

BIOhazardous

Neo Member
So basically you're not judging the stories on individual merits, but rather by how well they connect to previous (messy) stories?
Not at all. I think RE5's story was coherent, would it have been much better? Most definitely.

RE4's story is not really that bad, but I like RE5's better due to acknowledging past events that were unresolved and answering questions I've been wondering for a while. I felt RE4 was too detached to the main RE plot.

Top Bottom