• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Box Art & Screen Shot [leak out on Xbox.com]

So from that screenshot it appears the game has a setting of perhaps a asylum or prison. Hmmmm. Resident Evil.... do us proud!

Miker

I guess I'll play it, because it's RE. REvelaitons was pretty mediocre as far as the series goes, though - it doesn't have great action mechanics and it wasn't scary at all either. Raid Mode was addictive, but ultimately a numbers-oriented grindfest instead of legitimately escalating.

Riposte

So Newsbot wasn't crazy or was his stuff something else?

Anyway, I hope they make combat interesting this time. Enemies were especially pretty dull compared to 4/5/6.

I liked the first one until I got about 2/3 of the way through and it wasn't fun or scary or interesting, it was more like an action game. Which is fine but that's not what I was expecting I guess?

I never finished it but got to the end

The box art is hosted on Xbox.com?

boxartlg.jpg

iu7ihxiGpagSG.gif

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Probably.
inb4 no wiiu version, or no 3ds version when it's the console where 1 sold the most

RER totally sold nothing wii u, so not sure what you mean by console with #1 sales.

In terms of overall platform, it was 3DS... because it was made for 3DS, and ported much later.

edit:
actually i feel like that was a mistake. I don't want to start that again.

Anyway, RER is one of, if not my overall, favorite 3DS game.
And the most fun I had with RE franchise in years.

While I'm not sure of the legitimacy of this yet, I'm very likely to buy in if it's real!

I couldn't get into RE6 after 2 hours, super disappointing to me so happy to see this spin off continue as they figure out where 7 needs to go (in my mind, scrap it and full re-imagine, but capcom isn't really known for 'risk' these days)

MechaX

Rumors from the last thread concerning this title
There are three returning characters. Two female and one male. Two haven’t been seen in over a decade and one has never had an “in-game” appearance. Guess away. That’s more than enough.”
“Regarding the one who doesn’t appear in-game, I should be a little more specific(because I’m sure someone will call me a liar for being too general). They are mentioned in games but are a background character with no “active” appearance yet. It’s not someone from the movies/comics.”

Claire, Barry, Alex Wesker (who is actually revealed to be female).

I'm locking it in.

By that metric, it sold less than great on all systems.

Which is true, still WW the 3DS version is probably the best seller. Doesn't make sense.
Capcom probably sees RE as a console franchise, then. I would love REvelations 2 on 3DS, but it's not going to happen. And whatever happen to that rumored "Downfall" game with Clair? I remember reading that there was supposed to be a RE game with Clair as the lead and that it would've followed the CG movies (I think it was even supposed to include the in the game)
So instead of a ship, the main setting will be inside of a prison complex from the looks of it?
Yeah, seems that way. If they pull it off right, it would be a great setting. And the Raid Mode stage would be incredible.

Eolz

RER totally sold nothing wii u, so not sure what you mean by console with #1 sales.

In terms of overall platform, it was 3DS... because it was made for 3DS, and ported much later.

I was talking about the 3DS, hence the comma. But yeah, maybe it was badly phrased.

Neff

Bigger budget, less repetition, beefed-up combat, more monsters, fewer zero-personality characters, some puzzles, legit exploration, bring the laser sight back, and I'll forgive everything wrong with the first one, Capcom.

RER sold well on the 3DS.

But RER2 will sell a lot more on PS3, 360, PS4 and XBO, and porting it down to 3DS is virtually impossible.

Now where is Jessica?

Jawmuncher

Bigger budget, less repetition, beefed-up combat, more monsters, fewer zero-personality characters, some puzzles, legit exploration, bring the laser sight back, and I'll forgive everything wrong with the first one, Capcom.

Taking that away was downright criminal.

disco

1. I really doubt this would not be on 3DS. I personally believe that that version most likely sold the most copies.
2. Even though this is hosted on xbox.com I kind of don't think it's real... Why is it called 'Biohazard', the Japanese name, and not Resident Evil...

I thought Revelations had nice atmosphere on the ship, but those segments involving some of those side characters were beyond repair. Just so incredibly awful. Please no more of that shit ever again.

Grisby

I thought Revelations had nice atmosphere on the ship, but those segments involving some of those side characters were beyond repair. Just so incredibly awful. Please no more of that shit ever again.
You didn't like Jackass and...whatever the other guy was called?

Top Bottom