• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Box Art & Screen Shot [leak out on Xbox.com]

sörine

Banned
It still sold a good amount on 3DS. Maybe the best selling version.
For sure the best selling version. It possibly outsold all console versions combined.

Japan (Media-Create)
3DS: 313,974 ltd
PS3: 184,101 ltd
WiiU: 18,359 ltd
360: 10,977k ltd

USA (NPD)
3DS: 122k in 2 months
360: 55k in 9 months
PS3: 53k in 9 months
WiiU: 16k in 9 months

IrishNinja

last one was neat but turned out kinda forgettable for me...hopefully next gen stuff has rentals by the time this drops

catmario

sörine;126189770 said:
For sure the best selling version. It possibly outsold all console versions combined.

Japan (Media-Create)

USA (NPD)

Oops... Capcom should have to bring RE2 to 3DS....

Seyavesh

ffs capcom, who wants this shit?

just remake part 2.

me

all hail the coolest of keiths

qRSZ1O3.jpg

Wasn't too impressed by Revelations. Easily the worst plot (RE=shitty plot is a shitty excuse) and the gameplay just didn't work for me despite the concepts presented. Seemed like a half-assed attempt of marrying RE5, REGaiden, and the classic games.

So this isn't something I'm excited about at all. Especially since it could mean throwing in Barry, Rebecca, Claire, or Billy into the same shit-smelling pit that the rest of the characters went into
Not that I really care for Rebecca.

Seyavesh

oh! huh! i just remembered/reread the thing and no portable release means that a lot of the gameplay design limitations that people had problems with in the original revelations might not be around because those were very clearly based around the 3ds system and when/how folks would be playing the game on that system

really curious about this now, considering they're not limited by such constrictions anymore

I'm really interested in a release date now.

Hopefully it's this fall. I have no interested in REmake remaster HD now that this is coming out.

Bladenic

sörine;126189770 said:

Japan (Media-Create)

USA (NPD)

Wow it sold that horribly on consoles? Had no idea.

Seyavesh

I'm really interested in a release date now.

Hopefully it's this fall. I have no interested in REmake remaster HD now that this is coming out.

high five to action RE dudebro~
actually im gonna get both but yeah i really hope this comes out before reREmake cuz i have an aching to do wrestling moves on inhuman monsters

also didnt the pc version of re:rev sell a shitload more than like all of the other platforms? am i misremembering ths

If the game as a whole is more like the Ghost Ship sections of the first game, great. If it's as tense as the 3DS demo's Infernal Mode, better. Wonder if they'll ditch the serialized TV show angle since it doesn't seem to be developed for a portable this time around.

It possibly outsold all console versions combined.

Nein. Capcom announced 1.2 million for RE Revelations on PC/PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U. We don't have 3DS numbers, but this version is not on this Platinum list, so it sold less than 1 million. Hard to tell if it is near or far from the million, though, maybe it's very close.

Instro

sörine;126189770 said:

Japan (Media-Create)

USA (NPD)

Theres something wrong then considering that Capcom said the port sold over a million.

What DAH FUCK???

Don't tell me we are getting a fucking HD re-release of DmC before a DMC5...

Say it ain't so Capcom....

Unfortunately this is EXACTLY what I'd expect from modern day Capcom. They should at least port USF4 for modern consoles since that is a fairly new release and expected to have a longer life expectancy on online.

Grisby

I would love more RE4/5 style Mercs with a ton of characters. To this day I still load of RE5 every once in a while to play Mercs. (Tried in RE6 but hated it.)
RE6 mercs was better than the main game for me, lol. I really want to get back into it. I'll load up Mercs 3D for the 3ds from time to time.

First was impressive on 3ds, but shit on consoles, so this hopefully is better tailored, if there's no 3ds version. Which seems kinda dumb, as already suggested by the sales posted in here. Although it's existence in general seems dubious, considering those.

sörine

Banned
Nein. Capcom announced 1.2 million for RE Revelations on PC/PS3/Xbox 360/Wii U. We don't have 3DS numbers, but this version is not on this Platinum list, so it sold less than 1 million. Hard to tell if it is near or far from the million, though, maybe it's very close.

Theres something wrong then considering that Capcom said the port sold over a million.
Extreme channel stuffing. Revelations HD copies will be clogging shelves forever given the insane shipped to sold ratio.

Also note Revelations 3DS released at a time when retail was still super hesitant to stock 3rd party 3DS games, which is probably why Capcom couldn't overship it past a million like they did SSF4.

Can we please just get a current gent only Resident Evil 7 or reboot? Hopefully Capcom is taking notes from Konami. Silent Hill was dead and now it is at the center of the gaming world.

Kinda like that Revelations is becoming and off-shoot series of its own, I really liked the first one.

Hopefully there's a Wii U or 3DS version.

Edit: 3DS version was at nearly 800k before the digital version dropped. No telling what it's at now considering it's eShop price is $20 standard and they've had a few sales.

Top Bottom