• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Box Art & Screen Shot [leak out on Xbox.com]

Jawmuncher

Also just release RE6: The Mercs: The game.

maps across the entire series featuring major characters from the series in a mish mash like some sort of fighting game with your famous yearly updates to the roster and maps to bank on. Come on Capcom this isn't rocket science.

This idea just prints money especially with themed DLC packs.

Alfredo

A sequel to my least favorite Resident Evil game (that I've played).

Now I know how the people who hate RE4, 5, and/or 6 feel, lol.

dreamfall

Oooooo I want more Jessica, baha. She was horrible!

But yes, please be Jill in the lead again. And some memories of Parker! I love Revelaitons, misspelled and all!

maps across the entire series featuring major characters from the series in a mish mash like some sort of fighting game with your famous yearly updates to the roster and maps to bank on. Come on Capcom this isn't rocket science.

Can't believe something like this hasnt happened already.... well only on 3DS which also was great but nothing beyond that. I mean geez.

I just hope this has better exploration and puzzles, and also some of RE6 combat mechanics.

This. Though this would mean they'd cut Mercenaries Mode from RE7, and that would make me sad.

They need to lose the action sequences that the original game had. The entire flashback mission with whatshisname in which you kill hundreds of hunters was just the fucking worst. Not only was it not fun to play, but it completely fucked the pacing of the game by being set in a fucking flashback that had no fucking purpose.

How hard will it be to have this game without Jill and Chris?, I'm so tired of them. I guess Jill is the heroine of Revelations, she will be there almost guarantee but please leave Chris out.

Fuck having no 3DS version. Revelations' style fit a handheld best.

I don't see how it was too much different from RE4-6's chapter system. I know what you're saying, but I didn't think that the episodic approach really made "less" sense on consoles. Having a broken-up, segmented approach doesn't make it make less sense on a not-handheld, and we don't really know what this game will be like in that regard; it may be a follow up and lack an episodic feel.

saher

Banned
How hard will it be to have this game without Jill and Chris?, I'm so tired of them. I guess Jill is the heroine of Revelations, she will be there almost guarantee but please leave Chris out.

Nah jill might not be in rev2 (hopefully), it could be claire or rebecca or new characters

I have no problem with this not being on 3DS (well, I kinda do, but that ship sailed a while back), but why use a name associated with a handheld spinoff for a title that Capcom presumably wants to be perceived as an AAA console game?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I have no problem with this not being on 3DS (well, I kinda do, but that ship sailed a while back), but why use a name associated with a handheld spinoff for a title that Capcom presumably wants to be perceived as an AAA console game?
They presumably don't want it to be seen as Resident Evil 7, since they have other plans for what a game with a mainline name should be, and this is their strongest spinoff brand outside of that.

Resident Evil is pretty much the Chris/Jill/Leon show according to Capcom, but I thought it was cool how they brought back Sherry. More of that please.

What eternally pissed me off was that they could have easily had Claire in Helena's place. Sure, the story would have been a bit different but Helena didn't really contribute much apart from the Deborah subplot. Maybe they're setting up Ada eventually dying so that Helena will be Leon's woman.

Fuck why am I talking about this.

jediyoshi

At the moment, I'd pay a gross amount of money for a DLC pack for RE6 Mercs that was just RER themed.

scitek

As far as I see it, the good thing about cross-gen games is the current-gen versions should be 1080p60, or at least something-00p60, but 60's the most important part.

YoungOne

Honestly I'm suprised this hasn't happened on consoles yet.

ic5kSTgxVuKI8.gif

Goddamn capcom is dumb.

Was HUNK featured in the comics? Is he still alive?

Another absent character that Capcom can throw down the drain in this game in place of Barry, Rebecca, Claire, and Billy.

Seyavesh

Was HUNK featured in the comics? Is he still alive?

Another absent character that Capcom can throw down the drain in this game in place of Barry, Rebecca, Claire, and Billy.

you mean the re6 manga? nah, he wasn't in that

the last time he appeared was actually in the HD version of RE:REV as a bonus character for raid mode, so uhhh

yeah

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Cross gen is dissapoiting BUT I'm glad we got a sequel instead of a pontential WTF title like RE6 was.

They presumably don't want it to be seen as Resident Evil 7, since they have other plans for what a game with a mainline name should be, and this is their strongest spinoff brand outside of that.

Why not call it RE: [New Subtitle Here], though? If it doesn't have a 7 in the title, is there that much risk it'll be mistaken for RE7?

BasilZero

Would love to see Rebecca if it is her in the game ;o.

Hopefully a PC release will be announced alongside the consoles.

Seyavesh

Why not call it RE: [New Subtitle Here], though? If it doesn't have a 7 in the title, is there that much risk it'll be mistaken for RE7?

i think the assumption here is that they want to have two main tracks of RE game, one that's more paced like re:REV1 with 'open' environment that you explore to some degree to progress while mainline games are 100% straightforward linear action city usa titles

who knows though, capcom will capcom

Resident Evil is pretty much the Chris/Jill/Leon show according to Capcom, but I thought it was cool how they brought back Sherry. More of that please.

What eternally pissed me off was that they could have easily had Claire in Helena's place. Sure, the story would have been a bit different but Helena didn't really contribute much apart from the Deborah subplot. Maybe they're setting up Ada eventually dying so that Helena will be Leon's woman.

Fuck why am I talking about this.

I think 6 would have been way better with Claire as Leon's partner, but that's just my RE2 bias hahah

Top Bottom