• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Box Art & Screen Shot [leak out on Xbox.com]

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
The enemy design was about as bland as recent Silent Hill games. It was that bad.

I won't deny your claims on character design but RE wasn't known for such thing specially for any Resident Evil game before Code Veronica.

catmario

If this title locked to Xbox exclusive like Tomb raider, I'll gonna huge hurricane in the internet.

But It won't be locked. :p

Hopefully this is their previous gen resi game (i.e AssCreed Rogue), and resident evil 7 a Current gen only game with the panta rhei engine(i.e AssCreed Unity).

Rumors from the last thread concerning this title
There are three returning characters. Two female and one male. Two haven’t been seen in over a decade and one has never had an “in-game” appearance. Guess away. That’s more than enough.”

“Regarding the one who doesn’t appear in-game, I should be a little more specific(because I’m sure someone will call me a liar for being too general). They are mentioned in games but are a background character with no “active” appearance yet. It’s not someone from the movies/comics.”
It's happening

Awesome! The story mode in the first game wasn't very good, but it was still head and shoulders better than RE6. And Raid mode was fantastic! I hope Raid is a part of RE:R2.

Valnen

Hopefully this is their previous gen resi game (i.e AssCreed Rogue), and resident evil 7 a Current gen only game with the panta rhei engine(i.e AssCreed Unity).

Hopefully not. I want this, REmake, and RE7 all running on my PS4.

Or my PC. I'm building quite the RE collection on Steam.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
IFrom the other thread, we know that Russian site didn't have possible other versions for the following reasons

1) It doesn't sell PC games ---> PC not represented, so probably it'll happen
2) Nintendo consoles are a small niche in Russia, so much small that, while they stock ed RE:R for 3DS, they could have decides to not store a possible Nintendo version because it's already on other consoles. ---> while the chances aren't very high, there is still a possibility the game comes also on Nintendo consoles.

“Regarding the one who doesn’t appear in-game, I should be a little more specific(because I’m sure someone will call me a liar for being too general). They are mentioned in games but are a background character with no “active” appearance yet. It’s not someone from the movies/comics.”

alex wesker?

IFrom the other thread, we know that Russian site didn't have possible other versions for the following reasons

1) It doesn't sell PC games ---> PC not represented, so probably it'll happen
2) Nintendo consoles are a small niche in Russia, so much small that, while they stock ed RE:R for 3DS, they could have decides to not store a possible Nintendo version because it's already on other consoles. ---> while the chances aren't very high, there is still a possibility the game comes also on Nintendo consoles.

Regarding point 2:

1. In this case, the PS3/PS4/XBOX 360/XBOX ONE versions come out day-and-date with the 3DS version. The market that will buy the 3DS version over the other four is incredibly small; no one wants to play a console game on a small handheld screen. You can also look to the VITA as why this strategy of console game on handheld will fail.
  2. Wii U version of Revelations sold somewhere in the ballpark of 12k in the US. Yeah.

Aru

I still have to play Revelations. I've started downloading it yesterday (and bought it a few months ago). I'll skip RE6 though.

If it's Claire, please let them get Alyson Court back, at least have one character that keeps the same VA throughout, please. :(
(but she was in ORC, but who knows exactly what they mean by "over a decade", Umbrella Chronicles has Rebecca in it, so... I think Barry didn't, though, soo..)

More swimming? Hopefully in the ocean.
Let's find the scariest monsters out there.

giphy.gif

Ms.Galaxy

Revelations was a decent attempt of bringing back the horror to Resident Evil, but I think the limitations of being on a handheld held it back. I'm sad that this game might not come to the 3DS like the original one, but with more powerful hardware, I feel confident that this game will be all the better for it. Though considering this is modern Capcom, I expect less horror, more co-op, and zombie shark punching with Barry Burton dressed up like this:

ecz10.jpg

"What is this?"

Bladenic

Rebecca plz.

Anyway a prison setting would be cool, not as cool as a ship.

As long as there are no annoying as fuck side characters with mostly awful missions. Just give me the main characters straight through.

sörine

Banned
Regarding point 2:

1. In this case, the PS3/PS4/XBOX 360/XBOX ONE versions come out day-and-date with the 3DS version. The market that will buy the 3DS version over the other four is incredibly small; no one wants to play a console game on a small handheld screen. You can also look to the VITA as why this strategy of console game on handheld will fail.
  2. Wii U version of Revelations sold somewhere in the ballpark of 12k in the US. Yeah.
Point 1 really varies by market. It probably wouldn't be the case in Japan for example, which was also coincidentally the only region where Revelations HD didn't completely bomb. Likewise I hope I really don't have to explain why Vita makes for a poor indicator of 3DS potential basically everywhere, right? I mean that's sort of self evident.

sörine;126238853 said:
Point 1 really varies by market. It probably wouldn't be the case in Japan for example, which was also coincidentally the only region where Revelations HD didn't completely bomb. Likewise I hope I really don't have to explain why Vita makes for a poor indicator of 3DS potential basically everywhere, right? I mean that's sort of self evident.

Most 3DS games are handheld games. If they literally put a PS3/PS4/X360/XONE game on the 3DS, then it is a console game on a handheld. And in this case, there is even the option of buying the console game itself. So again, VITA is relevant to look at.

2 Characters that havent been seen in over an decade?

Well Rebeca and Billy. And a new woman.

Because Capcom is so damn eager to intruduce more female characters to RE.

Lucent

Man that box art is horrible. Also last-gen/cross-gen is disappointing. But I guess it's not RE7 so it's okay. =/

I wish I could say I was hyped about this, but I just don't see them making this good. Would love to be wrong though.

Regarding point 2:

I would still buy a 3DS version as my first choice. I dont care for gaming on a tv much at all (and vita isn't happening).

Saying it would insta fail whe the first did ok is assuming a lot.

Carbonox

Revelations was decent. It got the atmosphere right and was fun to play but little else. The TV episodic setup, cast and enemies were dreadful.

Optimistic this will be better.

I can understand why Capcom is not releasing a 3DS version. People won't buy it if it is avaliable on the HD consoles.

It would have to be 3DS exclusive or no handheld release.

Not surprised about no Wii U release. It's embarrassing though for sure.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Most 3DS games are handheld games. If they literally put a PS3/PS4/X360/XONE game on the 3DS, then it is a console game on a handheld. And in this case, there is even the option of buying the console game itself. So again, VITA is relevant to look at.

The vita is irrelevant for the most part in the market though.

Top Bottom