• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Box Art & Screen Shot [leak out on Xbox.com]

I feel like I'm the only person who thought Rev 1 was a massive bore. Will keep an eye on this and hope for a pleasant surprise. This used to be my absolute favourite series.

Anung

Un Rama
I hope this legit. I really liked Revelations but it could use improvements. A prison setting would be really interesting.

Revelations had the best final area in the series for me. So atmospheric and the music was beautiful and haunting. I liked the music in Revelations a lot overall.

Campaign was decent but like a lot of people, I'm calling for better and more varied enemy types and designs.

I'm really curious if they'll keep the basic gameplay the same or take some cues from RE6. But, really, I'm even more curious about how they'll expand Raid Mode, as that's the meat of Revelations for me.

BadWolf

I'm really curious if they'll keep the basic gameplay the same or take some cues from RE6. But, really, I'm even more curious about how they'll expand Raid Mode, as that's the meat of Revelations for me.

They better take cues from RE6 or it will feel like a big downgrade. Same for RE7.

RE6 has the best TPS combat outside of Vanquish for me.

Pro

I sure hope it's Claire that is one of the females. It's been way too long since she has been in a game. Hopefully graphics are top and she has Ada-esque features.

I feel like I'm the only person who thought Rev 1 was a massive bore. Will keep an eye on this and hope for a pleasant surprise. This used to be my absolute favourite series.

For me, it was GREAT in the ship as Jill, before I got a lot of weapons and items. Felt vulnerable. It went downhill once it turned into a shooter and they gave you rocket launchers, machine guns, etc. Still, I really enjoyed it and wouldn't mind playing a 2nd time in the near future

Neff

Sorry to disappoint: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=126268013&posted=1#post126268013

Capcom is fading from memory every day, where are the big hitters !!

Pre-show lineups never include announcements. The chances of Revelations 2 being announced at TGS is very, very high.

Another xbox exclusive?

Unlikely, but possible. Bot did specify that "certain fans" would be happy, but he could have simply been being dramatic or necessarily ambiguous.

I sure hope it's Claire that is one of the females. It's been way too long since she has been in a game. Hopefully graphics are top and she has Ada-esque features.

Don't expect anything mind blowing. It will probably be pretty, but since it's cross gen at best, the new consoles will be restrained in what they can pull off.

Condemned_2_Bloodshot.jpg
Can't believe they actually copied the worst box art.

News Bot

Banned
Unlikely, but possible. Bot did specify that "certain fans" would be happy, but he could have simply been being dramatic or necessarily ambiguous.

It wasn't exclusive at the time I heard about it. But there's nothing stopping Microsoft from throwing money at CAPCOM in the year since.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
It wasn't exclusive at the time I heard about it. But there's nothing stopping Microsoft from throwing money at CAPCOM in the year since.

Do you have any informations, on how the game is designed? Similar to Revelations 1 or maybe a more classic style with keys and everything?

iSMMs8U.jpg

I'm gonna be so pissed if she is not in Revelations 2, lol.

Also, anyone hoping for the campaign to be single-player only? Why don't we have both and all that, but keep in mind that coop impacts the game design directly.

Just watch Capcom turn the Revelations series into another coop festival, and ruin everything that was great about it.

DedValve

Banned
REVELATIONS SPOILER

http://youtu.be/2KDahQpC4cs?t=9m24s

Ada could never.

I completely forgot that the ship had an easy to press, large red button that upon pushing would blow the whole thing up.

At least the damn mansion had a fucking code you had to enter!

Also Revelations was already ruined by co-op in a sense. Having parker there was sooooo annoying that I'd just rather play with a friend then play with an AI. Go full singleplayer or full co-op but please drop the ridiculous AI partners that cannot be played at all.

News Bot

Banned
Unless it's set between BIO5 and BIO6, Jessica and Raymond have no business appearing. They are agents of TRICELL, and the company was basically screwed at the end of BIO5.

Mr_Zombie

Also Revelations was already ruined by co-op in a sense. Having parker there was sooooo annoying that I'd just rather play with a friend then play with an AI. Go full singleplayer or full co-op but please drop the ridiculous AI partners that cannot be played at all.

Why is that? Parker (and every other character assisting the main cast) was like Ada in RE2, Carlos in RE3, Steve in RECV etc. He was there more for the sake of story progressions, not for being a full-time partner like characters from RE5 and 6. He might shoot the monster once or twice, help you with an enemy, but other than that, you was mostly on your own.

Why is that? Parker (and every other character assisting the main cast) was like Ada in RE2, Carlos in RE3, Steve in RECV etc. He was there more for the sake of story progressions, not for being a full-time partner like characters from RE5 and 6. He might shoot the monster once or twice, help you with an enemy, but other than that, you was mostly on your own.

Yeah it was my impression that your partner in rev couldn't actually kill enemies, just pop off the occasional shot. Much better than Sheva in RE5

Korigama

They better take cues from RE6 or it will feel like a big downgrade. Same for RE7.

Personally, I'd rather it stay its own thing and refine elements of the first one (but then, I hated RE6 and enjoyed Revelations partly because it was nothing like that game). Given the negative critical response and poor word-of-mouth, I wouldn't expect 7 to be anything like 6 either.

Mitsurugi

Neo Member
Claire (with a sweet cross bow with flame tipped bows)
Ada (with a TMP and Sniper rifle)
Raid mode
More atmosphere and a lethal melee solution to those pesky Sea Creepers.

Make it so, Capcom.

DedValve

Banned

What? Ada/Steve/Carlos all show up for tiny periods of time in a long game. You are glued to parker for almost half the jill sections and Jill is the only one whose ever truly alone out of all the playable characters.

It ruined any tension and atmosphere, was annoying and when I at least could have a friend come in on RE5 I couldn't do the same with Revelations so I was stuck with someone I didn't care about for no reason at all.

saher

Banned
You people seriously want Jill again? :( she is already in 1,3,5,Rev

Hell i don't mind if leon is the main but please no jill or chris.

Fehyd

Banned
You people seriously want Jill again? :( she is already in 1,3,5,Rev

Hell i don't mind if leon is the main but please no jill or chris.

I'm of the opinion that we keep Jill in flashback games, but in RE7 or anything in later continuity we basically make them something akin to Colonel Campbell. Chris and Jill as basically the Big Boss of the BSAA would be a good way to "retire them" without retiring them.

tookhster

Even though I played the 3DS version first, I'm glad this is a console-only release. When I played the HD version, everything felt so off because you could tell the design choices were limited by 3DS hardware. With this one, I'm excited to see what they can really do with console hardware from the ground up.

Riposte

Unless it's set between BIO5 and BIO6, Jessica and Raymond have no business appearing. They are agents of TRICELL, and the company was basically screwed at the end of BIO5.

Wouldn't the first time super secret agents jumped a sinking ship.

Blueblur1

I hope they don't. Janky animation, over complicated controls, and melees that miss should stay the hell away from all future Resident Evil games.

Owzers

Got a few hours into it and quit, i just don't talk about it too much. It felt like a budget Resident Evil with terrible enemy designs.

Top Bottom