• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Box Art & Screen Shot [leak out on Xbox.com]

me

all hail the coolest of keiths

qRSZ1O3.jpg

Man those dual knives are too op!!!
As long as they fix the awful dodge mechanic and not have a 3ds throwing final boss then I'm hype.

Xpliskin

Icalledit.gif

Icalledit.gif

Icalledit.gif

Icalledit.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834255&highlight=
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828376&highlight=

Wait what ? So that other, other guy wasn't trolling either ?

The other info I had outside the News Bot posts (from that "other guy") was that Claire Redfield is in it, and it's apparently set on an island (can cite source only in PM).
And that it was supposed to be revealed at E3 (it sounded too much like code veronica but who knows), with a release in 2015.

With the 2015 release I'd thought we'd see something before the end of the year, and there it is.

Xbox game marketplace GUID is: 66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841144c .
Only someone with access to the xbox marketplace database can generate a unique one .

Even though it sounds cool, still waiting for a trailer

Seyavesh

Please capcom don't bring back Genesis

if there is no portable then i'm like basically 100% sure they won't bring anything like genesis back because it's a 3ds gimmick. they couldn't remove it like they did the screwing minigame because it was a core component to the gameplay design and resource management but i'm pretty sure they would remove this kinda stuff based on what they did with HD rev1.

and enemy designs and reactions will be allowed to be more complex, alongside larger levels and more dynamic encounters rather than the constricted corridors of rev1

seriously from it's very core rev was designed to be a 3ds game through and through and that it was even acceptably playable on consoles is a pretty strong testament to that design strength

also claire + prison theme again lol. oh god the returning character is gonna be fucking steve somehow

Only Capcom would make a sequel to a multiplatform game available on every platform except the one the original sold exponentially better on.

Actually I think it makes a lot of sense.

It really does. The only reason it sold the most on on 3DS is because it was a late port to the other systems. I can only imagine how gimped it would be if they had to develop this for 3DS as well. Bad enough that is cross-gen.

Miguel81

Revelations was just too bland. RE4 is still the best mash up of old and new, and I say that as a fan of the old.

Edit: Maybe it'll surprise me in the end.

.la1n

This might turn out okay. Having it as a sequel to revelations at least avoids some of the pressure of having it be another mainline sequel.

Seyavesh

why are people so skeptical about the graphical fidelity of a screenshot like that though there's nothing particularly really 'unbelievable' about it in the slightest?? idk, maybe i've got a bad eye for these kinda things but here let me shrink down some of my re6 shots to that size for comparison

edit: with bonus crappy compression to really add to the effect i guess (wth happened there)

why are people so skeptical about the graphical fidelity of a screenshot like that though there's nothing particularly really 'unbelievable' about it in the slightest?? idk, maybe i've got a bad eye for these kinda things but here let me shrink down some of my re6 shots to that size for comparison

edit: with bonus crappy compression to really add to the effect i guess (wth happened there)

That first pics is not from RE6. Is it Revelations? I don't remember the last pic from RE6 either.

Xpliskin

Thing is everything metallic in that screen seems to be made of polygons (fence, cables, ..)
My bet goes to bullshot.

CronoShot

sörine;126189770 said:
For sure the best selling version. It possibly outsold all console versions combined.

Japan (Media-Create)
3DS: 313,974 ltd
PS3: 184,101 ltd
WiiU: 18,359 ltd
360: 10,977k ltd

USA (NPD)
3DS: 122k in 2 months
360: 55k in 9 months
PS3: 53k in 9 months
WiiU: 16k in 9 months

Capcom: "So what you're saying is we should put it on everything but 3DS."

synce

Just please please please PLEASE don't fuck up Jill's face again. Revelations 1 Jill looked like a botched plastic surgery

Seyavesh

That first pics is not from RE6. Is it Revelations? I don't remember the last pic from RE6 either.
both are from RE6, it's just a model mod for helena to change her to stars jill + i switched out leon for chris. the first shot is from the 2nd leon chapter right at the start after the bus crash.

the last shot is from ada's campaign and is probably the freakiest part of RE6. i'm assuming you prob didn't play through it 'cuz re6's campaigns are garbage and stomaching them is a chore but if it's not obvious the face takes realtime damage from attacks which is cool

Edit. RE6 looks really good as thumbnails. I wish I could've played the game with a thumbnail filter

the textures are really really really bad but the lighting is really really legit imo so yeah, thumbnail filter for lyfe

Cubed

I really enjoyed Revelations. It's probably my fourth or fifth favorite game in the main canon series.

It was a little hammy, but that was almost nice to see after five and six took themselves way too seriously.

Replicant

Better enemies design and variety please. No more grey-colored blobs. They have no excuse not to be creative now it's not restricted by 3DS size limit. Although I guess still limited by PS360 tho..... :/

sörine

Banned
It really does. The only reason it sold the most on on 3DS is because it was a late port to the other systems. I can only imagine how gimped it would be if they had to develop this for 3DS as well. Bad enough that is cross-gen.
I don't know, the HD version bombed bad and really should've sold way more than it did. Even ZombiU sold more in the US.

sörine;126211235 said:
I don't know, the HD version bombed bad and really should've sold way more than it did. Even ZombiU sold more in the US.

ZombiU was a better game though.

So I guess this is all but confirmed now?

DedValve

Banned
Better enemies design and variety please. No more grey-colored blobs. They have no excuse not to be creative now it's not restricted by 3DS size limit. Although I guess still limited by PS360 tho..... :/

I'm pretty sure PS360 games had some good enemy design across games. As did 3DS. I'm pretty sure.

I wonder why Revelations HD failed so badly. Lack of advertisement? Rev may have been a letdown but it was waaaaaay better than ORC. It deserved more sales than that game at least.

DedValve

Banned
Also just release RE6: The Mercs: The game.

maps across the entire series featuring major characters from the series in a mish mash like some sort of fighting game with your famous yearly updates to the roster and maps to bank on. Come on Capcom this isn't rocket science.

Top Bottom