• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 - Gamescom 2011 screens

Reallink

What exactly are you guys debating and discussing here? OP are native 1080p, 8x AA'ed bullshots, obviously the game is going to look nothing like this. OP been edited or something?

patsu said:
The Chimeras may look plain but if they keep to RFOM and R2 co-op tradition, then AI should be solid. While they may look similar, some have different behaviors (berserk, jumping/sticking from wall to wall, reach out with long limbs, etc.). Those are more interesting than looks, although I do think the plain look mute the impact quite a bit.

Also creativity for Resistance series is inside the weapon wheel. Look inside my back pocket.

No offense but R2 co-op AI was horrid, R3 AI needs to be much better than that and it's not about having a job system either, the AI has to have way better ability to assess the situation and act independently and intelligently in terms of using cover and flanking the player instead of just a matter of whether it's "aggressive/passive" and react according to aggro.

patsu

ProfessorMoran said:
Smart AI should be smart and not on level of the player, even at level 1 the player shouldn't have to deal with shit-stupid AI.

Were they that bad ? I remember you don't stay in level 1 long at all. I got hunted down by damn Chimeras in the hills. All my teammates were dead, or we got scattered.

Loudninja

ProfessorMoran said:
Smart AI should be smart and not on level of the player, even at level 1 the player shouldn't have to deal with shit-stupid AI.
Not sure what you are talking about, the Ai rushes that was annoying but they were not stupid.

gogogow

Meisadragon said:
The beta looks pretty good now after they reduced the motion blur.
The motion blur never was the problem, 540p is the main culprit, that combined with motion blur = MY EYES!! At least the MP is fun again!

ProfessorMoran said:
No offense but R2 co-op AI was horrid, R3 AI needs to be much better than that and it's not about having a job system either, the AI has to have way better ability to assess the situation and act independently and intelligently in terms of using cover and flanking the player instead of just a matter of whether it's "aggressive/passive" and react according to aggro.

Actually it is about having the job system. R2 was more heavily scripted than R1 or R3 will be, and the only good tool available at the time to manage aggression was to say 'you attack player now' which turns the AI into a dumb missile. The job system allows for pressure/aggression controls while still allowing the AI to still smartly respond to what's going on around it.

And also the AI does totally have to be toned down. Smart AI that does good flanking vs. non-expert players = players getting constantly nailed from the sides/offscreen which actually turns out to not be much fun. You want more aggression and flanking crank up the difficulty.

Cornbread78

Loudninja said:
So I guess the military Chimera attacks the feral ones.

I noticed that in the last screenshot as well. Very interesting twist to the story if they are attacking themselves at times...

Were any other MP details released ninja?

Anything on Co-Opp?
Anything on MP modes?
Anything on MP Level Cap?
Anything on Beta Feedback changes?

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Speaking of enemy designs. Insomniac owes us for Resistance 2's most expensive lava ever, the furies. I demand a moment where we can blast one into a million pieces.[/QUOTE

You know what. I think I'm mad all over again... "But I have a Pulse Cannon.....dammit!"

Loudninja

Cornbread78 said:
I noticed that in the last screenshot as well. Very interesting twist to the story if they are attacking themselves at times...

Were any other MP details released ninja?

Anything on Co-Opp?
Anything on MP modes?
Anything on MP Level Cap?
Anything on Beta Feedback changes?

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Speaking of enemy designs. Insomniac owes us for Resistance 2's most expensive lava ever, the furies. I demand a moment where we can blast one into a million pieces.

You know what. I think I'm mad all over again... "But I have a Pulse Cannon.....dammit!"
No none at yet, but they already confirmed all the multiplayer modes which are:

Deatmatch
TDM
Breach
Chain Reaction
CTF

Loudninja

Team Klimt said:
The DF analysis will definitely change with the final game. The demo is based off a build from March, where we have actually been optimizing up until July.
I think they were talking about preview code?Still not sure why they didn't wait until the final build though.

gogogow

Team Klimt said:
Stop spreading this 540p nonsense please.
my bad, it's slightly less worse, it's 960*704.

edit: so you are from IG? And the final build will be in 1280*704 like the rest of the series since you said DF analysis will definitely change?

Cornbread78

Loudninja said:
No none at yet, but they already confirmed all the multiplayer modes which are:

Deatmatch
TDM
Breach
Chain Reaction
CTF

Any possibility of a "Mosh Pit" style play list or linking them like "Warzone" Ya know, something new for the series to enhance the MP? Everyone will just end up playing TDM, it's teh Resistance staple and where most of the trash talking is, lol. I believe I have been thinking too big for them all along, but with a couple tweaks, seriously, the MP could be awesome and keep me hooked for months like R1 and R2 did, which will be tough with BC3 and MW3 both coming out a couple months later......

Loudninja

Cornbread78 said:
Any possibility of a "Mosh Pit" style play list or linking them like "Warzone" Ya know, something new for the series to enhance the MP? Everyone will just end up playing TDM, it's teh Resistance staple and where most of the trash talking is, lol. I believe I have been thinking too big for them all along, but with a couple tweaks, seriously, the MP could be awesome and keep me hooked for months like R1 and R2 did, which will be tough with BC3 and MW3 both coming out a couple months later......
I have no clue dude lol,you are asking the wrong person :p

delta25

Banned
gogogow said:
The motion blur never was the problem, 540p is the main culprit, that combined with motion blur = MY EYES!! At least the MP is fun again!

how did you find out the MP is 540p, because if this is true than the difference in single the player IQ and the multiplayer IQ is going to end up being pretty substantial.

sleepykyo

BruceLeeRoy said:
If Sony had a Marketing Team with a 1/3rd of the talent that Microsoft has they would see a substantial increase in the amount of games sold.

Isn't that true of any company? Microsoft's marketing for core games is really second to none.

Thrakier

It's the same res as R&C, which is clearly sub HD. The image quality in the beta is pretty bad. It looks nothing like those bullshots.

gogogow said:
my bad, it's slightly less worse, it's 960*704.

edit: so you are from IG? And the final build will be in 1280*704 like the rest of the series since you said DF analysis will definitely change?

You act like you deserve an answer to that question.

i LOVE the art direction, the setting, the awesome animated trailer.

This game could have been awesome if it wasnt the fact that its part of a mediocre series goofy wepons.

Loudninja

Shadow of the BEAST said:
i LOVE the art direction, the setting, the awesome animated trailer.

This game could have been awesome if it wasnt the fact that its part of a mediocre series goofy wepons.
What the hell?

gibration said:
Sledgehammer gameplay looks pretty fun. I'm already sold on sp though so I hope we got more info on mp from gamescom.
I goign to use it in combo with the Atomizer, batters up!

Played it today @gamescom. Weather effects are amazing, Move was also nice ( it seemed not as precise as KZ3 but I wasn't able to modify the controls ). 3D was also very nice to look at but the graphics took it hit it seemed. I was done with Resistance tbh, but this looked more than okay

Massa

Team Klimt said:
The DF analysis will definitely change with the final game. The demo is based off a build from March, where we have actually been optimizing up until July.

Since you're here, can you confirm or deny a PSN day 1 release for R3?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
gogogow said:
The reason stated for going with a low resolution was "more graphical effects". Hopefully, we can see a lot more of that in the SP. I kind of love the beta though, it is a lot of fun.

Loudninja

Steve McQueen said:
Played it today @gamescom. Weather effects are amazing, Move was also nice ( it seemed not as precise as KZ3 but I wasn't able to modify the controls ). 3D was also very nice to look at but the graphics took it hit it seemed. I was done with Resistance tbh, but this looked more than okay
Sounds goods thanks for the impressions,anyone else play it at gamescon?

Loudninja

The slegdehammer does have an alt attack, confirmed by Vitti.Man that thing looks brutal, I just want to go though the whole game using it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Trophies

Bronze Trophies

Gardener – Destroy 100 Blast Roots

Slaybells – Make Santa and his reindeer fly

Up Your Arsenal – Get a kill with every weapon in your arsenal

Overload – Use the EMP to take down 15 Steelhead auger shields

Cheap Shots – Kill 25 enemies firing the Auger through an object

Grenadier – Kill 3 or more Military Chimera with a single grenade

Raining Limbs – Kill 25 Grims using only Grenades

Corpse Wagon – Kill 3 enemies simultaneously using a single plagued body

Juggler – Inflict 4 enemies with each status ailment

Nothing but Net – Score a basket by lobbing a grenade through a basketball hoop

Weaponsmith – Upgrade 5 weapons in Campaign

This is My Rifle – Fully upgrade one weapon in Campaign Mode

Backstabber – Kill 20 enemies with Melee while they are idle

Toast – Use the upgraded Deadeye secondary fire to kill 2+ enemies 5 times

Counter-Sniper – Use the Deadeye to kill 20 snipers

Electric Avenue – Use the EMP to take down 25 drones

Warp Speed – Use the EMD secondary fire to kill 30 enemies

Feeling Lucky Punk – Detonate multiple Magnum rounds to kill 2+ enemies at once – 5 times

Fireworks – Use the Wildfire secondary fire to kill 6 enemies in one shot

Boom Stick – Use the upgraded Rossmore secondary fire to set 6 enemies on fire at once

Tag You’re It – Kill 40 Bullseye tagged enemies

Opportunity Knocks – Kill 20 enemies with environmental objects

Expert Sniper – Get 50 headshot kills in Campaign Mode

Collector – Collect 10 intel

Waste Not – Get 5 headshot kills with one Deadeye clip

Shoe Leather – Travel 100 miles on foot

Land, Sea, and Air – Travel in 3 different vehicles in your journey

Buckshot – Kill 2+ enemies with one Rossmore blast

Access Denied – Absorb 1000 damage with Auger Shields

From the Hip – Kill 25 enemies with the Bullseye or Marksman while moving

Chamber Full of Death – Kill 5+ Hybrids at once by using the HE .44 Magnum secondary fire

Helping Hands – Revive a Co-op player 20 times

Silver Trophies

Irresistible Force – Complete Campaign Mode on any difficulty

Master Mechanic – Fully upgrade all weapons in Campaign Mode

Archivalist – Collect all journals

Silent Partner – Damage the same enemy in Cooperative Mode for 100 kills

Gold Trophy

Brutal – Complete Campaign Mode on Superhuman

Platinum Trophy

Platinum Trophy – Unlock all Resistance 3 Trophies
Super Spoilers

Short Out – Defeat the stalker in under 60 seconds

Bouncer – Keep Chimeran forces from entering the Brewpub

Calm Under Pressure – Defeat the Brawler in the Post Office in under 2 minutes

Snipe Hunt – Collect all Deadeye rifles without dying while fighting the Widowmaker in St. Louis

Roops! – Knock a Hybrid off the cliffs in Mt. Pleasant, PA

Frickin’ Laser Beams – Get to the first mineshaft without being hit by sniper fire

Vehicular Manslaughter – Destroy 10 Warden vehicles

Hello Driver – Kill 5 drivers without destroying their vehicle

BARF! – Make 6 Wardens puke at the same time in the prison

One Eyed Jack – Find and kill ‘Jack’ in Graterford Prison

No Escape – Destroy all Warden vehicles in the motor pool

In This Together – Defeat the Widowmaker in Times Square without killing a single Hybrid

Good Fences – Don’t allow any counter-attackers into the Washington Square base

Medusa – Freeze 5 enemies at once and destroy them with a blast of the Cryogun’s alt fire

Bull in a China Shop – Freeze and melee kill 3 Ravagers

Top Bottom