• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawns Abbie Heppe: "We're not dropping the resolution" of Titanfall for launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
He said the alpha textures are the final assets. If that was true then it would make zero sense for the beta to have better textures, yet it did.
then why would he double down on his prediction. it surely makes no sense. That's why I'm waiting for release until the crucifixion, and even then I think people should take his leaks with a grain of salt instead of the alternative of a perma banning.

Croat never impressed since I joined maybe a year ago. Fairly certain he's always been a fake.

I think it's very funny you guys are all caught up in it and dream up these wild stories of ms rooting him out with fake stories.

No, he's just some guy who is messing with y'all.

so leaking xbox 360 specs before it was even released is definitely faking it?

Still do think this is the highest possibility of what happened.

"A canary trap is a method for exposing an information leak by giving different versions of a sensitive document to each of several suspects and seeing which version gets leaked. Special attention is paid to the quality of the prose of the unique language, in the hopes that the suspect will repeat it verbatim in the leak, thereby identifying the version of the document."

*source
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canary_trap

Considering how much damage Cboat did to MS before the XBO launch it wouldnt be surprising if they did the following above in order to stop him from hurting their best next chance at system sales during the Titanfall launch.

lol what? MS did that themselves

ioDvDp4MQiYln.gif
Let the butt fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
Face it all together

Squire

Banned
Once free of the company, he could do a lot of tongue wagging. It was meant as a joke but you know what they say about 'many a true word said in jest'.

Indeed.

True.

But I would hope that an 8 year mostly-accurate track record would earn him at least an explanatory post before the ban, if he is indeed wrong. Which it sure looks like, at least for the rez question.

(I always read "alpha textures" as transparencies - is this not correct?)

I'm sure Bish will handle the situation the best way he can.

They're referring to texture size, plain and simple. One of the Respawn devs posted about that.

fedexpeon

Banned
This is so funny.
Respawns is talking about a 1% resolution difference.
Can we even see the difference between 720 and 792-whatever?
It is like a few more inches of lines of pixels.

And If you tell me TF is a next-gen game, I would laugh and point to GoW3 or TLoU.
And if you tell me all the images are from a max out PC, I would suggest you to get your eyes check.

Overall, the beta IQ and the resolution were sub-quality when I played it on my PC.
It was like I went back in time to 2004...
So if people think it looks like Alpha textures, well, I can't blame them because the qualities aren't good in the first place.

Chobel

Oh, come on. He leaked the exact Xbox 360 specs before anyone in the world. He's been right about like 85% of what he's said over a period of 10 years. And plenty of his misses can be attributed to internal changes in plans.

Not this time, especially his texture talk.

NHale

The major difference here is that we have already seen the Beta, and it ran well enough with better textures. Also, Penello's statements made no sense in themselves. Here, the idea of a texture downgrade makes little sense.

I completely agree that the CBOAT leaks doesn't make any sense. But still it doesn't do any harm waiting for the game to do a final judgement. Especially if you were burned before.

FrankT

It's probably not nice to have people spread misinformation about your game. There needs to be a line.

It's a complete joke for him to even consider floating this nonsense with these folks so close to ship. Exactly why it shouldn't even be given a second thought at immunity.

LNBL

Fair warning: /r/xboxone is second only to MisterxMedia in being a hivemind of delusional Xbone fanboys, take any links from there with salt.

I actually have no idea how reddit works, how does one get such a tag next to his name? Is it like here on gaf controlled by mods?

seriously, such wishy washiness is gross. feeds years of info, gets something wrong and all of a sudden it's permaban talk?

Well it's not like he's not gotten anything else wrong, but I think it's more that he is doubling down on this against sources from Respawn.

Did we ever find out what the supposed pre-launch shitstorm was that bish wouldn't let him post?

Croat never impressed since I joined maybe a year ago. Fairly certain he's always been a fake.

I think it's very funny you guys are all caught up in it and dream up these wild stories of ms rooting him out with fake stories.

No, he's just some guy who is messing with y'all.

Caught up? No. The reason it's discussed so much is because of the proven track record. Shit that you can't simply guess. This isn't "always been a fake". You can't be that dense.

Here he revealed Titanfall months ahead of time:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55093372&postcount=248

mephixto

Banned
Why everyone want Cboat head? from what I read he predicts (not truthfact) that the final resolution could be 720p. The only claim he does is about the textures.

PBY

Banned
Why everyone want Cboat head? from what I read he predicts (not truthfact) that the final resolution could be 720p. The only claim he does is about the textures.

I'm not calling for his head, but Respawn has basically denied this twice now, and thats after already addressing this particular nonsense.

March 11 will definitely be interesting. Either we see CBOAT banned for this, or all of GAF eats crow. I kinda hope for the latter just because of the meltdowns, but I am really doubting the alpha textures bit. It just doesnt make sense.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This is so weird. Respawn would look terrible if they end up wrong, and given the release date they would obviously have it finalized. But I have no idea why cboat would double down on something so questionable, especially after the beta.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Farmers' Legal Action Group?

UT3 tournament explained capture the flag in war setting with a retarded ass acronym. (I forget precisely what is but I remember it being baaad). Unless they radically change things such "storytelling" sticks in my mind in regards to campaigns for multiplayer focused games.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I still think that CBoaT mistook alpha-version textures with alpha blending effects. Maybe somebody said that those are being downgraded, which would make sense, since they are probably the main cause for framerate drops. CBoaT then mistook that for alpha-version textures since those were of low quality in the alpha test.

This would explain everything without the need for crazy conspiracy theories.

antitrop

I still think that CBoaT mistook alpha-version textures with alpha blending effects. Maybe somebody said that those are being downgraded, which would make sense, since they are probably the main cause for framerate drops. CBoaT then mistook that for alpha-version textures since those were of low quality in the alpha test.

This makes more sense than anything, yet still seems fairly implausible.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I've barely even heard of Brink. All I know is that it was some shitty MP FPS with basic parkour maneuvers that wasn't worth playing.

Truthfully the game had some great ideas just that the maps, gunplay and AI made it quite abysmal...esp with how poorly designed the maps were so it turned everything into a meat grinder.

LNBL

Why would Respawn openly deny these claims if they were correct? Would that not completely destroy their reputation? Especially with Titanfall being Zampella's next big thing.

I think CBOAT might be wrong about this one.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
cboat has/had a agenda to get people not to buy a XB1, I guess the bundle got to him to say crazy stuff.

lol this shit argument makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Why would Respawn openly deny these claims if they were correct? Would that not completely destroy their reputation? Especially with Titanfall being Zampella's next big thing.

again, not saying cboat is right, but publishers, devs, and their respective pr accounts have blatantly lied before.

I don't think someone with that many years of industry experience could get something like that mixed up. It seems like such an amateur mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom