• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Respawns Abbie Heppe: "We're not dropping the resolution" of Titanfall for launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

statham

He really does not want people buying the Xbox One or wants to discourage them from doing so. I forget the thread, but someone posted a pm from cboat saying something like "if what all I've leaked doesn't stop people from buying an Xbox One, I just don't know what else to do".
Thats the moment. He wasnt expecting his pm tobe displayed and showed his true motive

He then goes on to say I give what I can. I still think my previous post was a good enough generalization of the sentiment cboat was trying to convey, especially as I was going off memory from a post from almost 4 months ago.

"I give what I can" Sounds like "i give the info I can". Totally unrelated to the previous statement.

but I guess YMMV. Ill accept that he has a extremely dim view of the Xbox one and Microsoft's current direction as a Hardware manufacturer, but I can't accept he was posting with the intent of convincing people not to buy the console. I can't even accept he thought his posts have any impact outside of forum hype. I consider that to be rather delusional tbh.

Yoda

Not even the people who play the game daily?

The people who contradicted him have a financial reason for him to be wrong. Sometimes games change between beta and launch. "Resolution" can mean quite a few things so either side could be purporting a white lie here for all we know. I say this as someone who's already pre-ordered the game (very hyped for it).

Sometimes developers lie. Like this: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/241306/dice-well-never-charge-for-battlefield-maps/

Ishan

Obviously with the current trends insiders are turning out wrong. I volunteer to be the new insider saviour of neogaf. Okay devs start leaking stuff to me. I shall hereforth be refered to as the prophet to end all prophets. Yes yes yes. It has begun.

Bsigg12

It's almost like these developers are bloating the game size to try to keep people from pirating it. 50 gigs is a fucking joke.

"Next gen" and the "benefits" of not being locked to DVDs. This would have started last gen if the 360 would have had a Blu ray drive.

Yeah, it is totally what you claimed. Calling CBOAT agenda driven is like the pot and kettle.

image.php

Hubble

It does seem odd when Cboat would claim alpha textures awhile back when the game hasn't gone gold until now. Sounds a bit premature.

Also Ntkrnl's leak was not controlled.

I personally think he's a parody blogger that didn't expect this much popularity and just went with it. No one sane would believe what he says.

Agree. When I first read his blog awhile back, I immediately thought it was a parody and looked dead on and now he's just running with it finding popularity.

LastNac

ntkrnl was a controlled leak, imo. It was good info. The titanfall xbox did exist, they just decided against it due to cost. The halo hd games are coming. The thing that stood out to me about him was that he had nothing negative to say about microsoft. It was 100% positive. Having talked to many people at many different companies there isn't a single one that is 100% positive about the place they work. That was the first thing that made me believe that he was a controlled leaker.

The second thing is that when I tweeted that I believed he was a controlled leaker I got the most insane email ever from someone high up in the xbox division. Just crazy "we don't give a shit about buttocks, this ntkrnl guy is harming our business, we want to know who he is!" I replied back saying I knew who he was, out of general curiosity to their response, there was none. Also, why in the fuck would MS give a shit that I told a couple thousand people on twitter that my belief was that ntkrnl was a controlled leak?

This industry is fucking bonkers.

Those industry sneak fucks!

how would you see impact? cboat threads are on reddit and every other gaming website. It all feeds back to GAF, and they think anything he says is fact. People are even taking his word over the dev. in this exact thread.

Which means diddly squat in terms in sales. That is my only point. He knows it, you know it and I know it. Zero people would not buy Titanfall or and Xbox one even if his info was true.

CBOAT has no impact on anything but forum chatter, that is forgotten soon as the next controversy pops up. Thats it.

Daingurse

What the hell happened to you cboat?

You were the man hommie, the fuck happened to you? Damn, Cboat probably won't survive this. RIP in peace.

720p still wouldn't surprise me, but like Bish said, that won't save him.

Fifty fucking Gigs. Time to start uninstalling some shit...

Fuccccccck, yeah going to need to uninstall some shit too . . . no hope of getting that on my small SSD either lol.

chadskin

It does seem odd when Cboat would claim alpha textures awhile back when the game hasn't gone gold until now. Sounds a bit premature.

With the release in a little over two weeks, it's likely already gone gold or very, very close to it. Otherwise we'd be looking at a delay.

Also Ntkrnl's leak was not controlled.

And you know this how?

ntkrnl has/had an agenda to get people to buy an Xbone. Same coin, the truth is the truth.

I think CBOAT was smoked out right around when kernel came in. Respawn was on standby to deny his claims, a very unusual act from anything Microsoft related.
There are like 3 Respawn employees that are and have been pretty active on the forums for a while now. I'm not surprised they turned up quick. It's not like devs don't pay attention to stuff posted here.

FrankT

Pretty easy when Kotaku and others have reported that MS is/was seeking legal action.

Not too controlled right. Come on people.

So, the only legit guy is Verendus?

Off the top of my head there is also GopherD, Matt, and Demonite. I know Demonite work for Sony and Gopher is somehow associated with Sony, but I think both of them are much more careful with what they say. Matt is a third party developer who's pretty high up the food chain and knows a couple of things as well. These guys have been better at laying low and don't attract nearly the attention that CBOAT does, mainly due to his funky posting style.

HOLY SHIT WAT

EDIT: This is for the PC version. Still, that's an insanely huge file size.

Well, that's cemented my decision not to buy this game. I'm still running a 500Gb hard drive over here.

(Expect the Xbone version to take a similar amount of space).

Pretty easy when Kotaku and others have reported that MS is/was seeking legal action.

Not too controlled right. Come on people.

I was told that as well in my email. That still doesn't mean it's not controlled. In fact, that's a pretty easy way to make it seem like it's not controlled at all.

Edit: For the record I don't know if it is or isn't controlled for sure. I've given my opinion and why I think that but have said and will say again that I could be wrong.

ntkrnl was a controlled leak, imo. It was good info. The titanfall xbox did exist, they just decided against it due to cost. The halo hd games are coming. The thing that stood out to me about him was that he had nothing negative to say about microsoft. It was 100% positive. Having talked to many people at many different companies there isn't a single one that is 100% positive about the place they work. That was the first thing that made me believe that he was a controlled leaker.

The second thing is that when I tweeted that I believed he was a controlled leaker I got the most insane email ever from someone high up in the xbox division. Just crazy "we don't give a shit about buttocks, this ntkrnl guy is harming our business, we want to know who he is!" I replied back saying I knew who he was, out of general curiosity to their response, there was none. Also, why in the fuck would MS give a shit that I told a couple thousand people on twitter that my belief was that ntkrnl was a controlled leak?

This industry is fucking bonkers.

The fact that he contradicted Spencer and revealed the name of Blacktusk's cancelled game was pretty negative info for MS.

There are like 3 Respawn employees that are and have been pretty active on the forums for a while now. I'm not surprised they turned up quick. It's not like devs don't pay attention to stuff posted here.

the test is the date and time of their last posts. There have been plenty Titanfall threads today and over the past weekend.

Do people still not realize how certain accounts are used on here?

It was interesting which accounts, which have never posted in similar threads to my knowledge, popped up calling for CBOAT's head. I have no proof, but it strike me as odd.

antitrop

Well, that's cemented my decision not to buy this game. I'm still running a 500Gb hard drive over here.

(Expect the Xbone version to take a similar amount of space).

I have a 500GB hard drive, too. Guess I'll just uninstall Betafield 4 and call it good.

Barzul

"I give what I can" Sounds like "i give the info I can". Totally unrelated to the previous statement.

but I guess YMMV. Ill accept that he has a extremely dim view of the Xbox one and Microsoft's current direction as a Hardware manufacturer, but I can't accept he was posting with the intent of convincing people not to buy the console. I can't even accept he thought his posts have any impact outside of forum hype. I consider that to be rather delusional tbh.

His posts definitely have impact. Big websites like IGN have published his posts several times. People not on neogaf know who cboat is. Definitely means he has penetration besides typical forum hype.

FrankT

I was told that as well in my email. That still doesn't mean it's not controlled. In fact, that's a pretty easy way to make it seem like it's not controlled at all.

Edit: For the record I don't know if it is or isn't controlled for sure. I've given my opinion and why I think that but have said and will say again that I could be wrong.

Right. Sorry don't really buy anything from your end either.

Nk is about it that much is certain at this point.

Right. Sorry don't really buy anything from your end either.

Nk is about it that much is certain at this point.

Fair enough.

Ntkrnl is definitely the leaker I trust the most. I just question whether it's controlled or not. In the end it doesn't matter, good info is good info.

His posts definitely have impact. Big websites like IGN have published his posts several times. People not on neogaf know who cboat is. Definitely means he has penetration besides typical forum hype.

the same way famous thuway Venderus etc have impact. As in something to talk about, but not something to base a purchasing decision on.

When last did you last buy, say a smartphone, based on what rumors the millions of enthusiast blogs wrote?

The only time it has any effect is if what is said is true and people wait for official confirmation to make a decision. Unfounded rumours do nothing but fuel fanboy talk.

m@cross

How does a game get to 50 gigs other than really big MMOs? Even crazier as it has no single player content. This seems to be the trend for Sony as well, really crappy, guess I will need to slap in a TB drive soon.

antitrop

How does a game get to 50 gigs other than really big MMOs? Even crazier as it has no single player content. This seems to be the trend for Sony as well, really crappy, guess I will need to slap in a TB drive soon.

FMVs with very little compression. Like Max Payne 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom