• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retailers are heading to Nintendo Europe in Germany for undisclosed reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are the rumors, about same Xbox One/PS4 graphics instead i think we can forget it, it'll be more powerful than WiiU but less than the other console, though that's great to me, i don't care that much about graphics for this console, i've got a gaming PC for that, i just want the Nintendo games and Handheld form factor

Tbh I'm totally ok with graphics between Wii U and Xbox One on a Handheld. Wii U games look great (Mario Kart 8, Xenoblade, Mario 3D World,....).
720P Handheld and 1080P Dock Mode is totally fine.

As long as all the modern Engines run on it..

Those are the rumors, about same Xbox One/PS4 graphics instead i think we can forget it, it'll be more powerful than WiiU but less than the other console, though that's great to me, i don't care that much about graphics for this console, i've got a gaming PC for that, i just want the Nintendo games and Handheld form factor

Same for me at this point. I have a gaming PC, but the only thing I feel like I will always miss out on with the PC is dat Nintendo magic.

Same for me at this point. I have a gaming PC, but the only thing I feel like I will always miss out on with the PC is dat Nintendo magic.

This.
Nintendo Systems and games are always different. Sometimes geeky, sometimes powerful (Gamecube) but always pure fun.

The reasons I don't like the 3DS is the BAD screen and the crappy Image quality of most games.
Oh and that ugly, slow, clunky interface of the OS.

Symtendo

A preorder for what?

NX (whatever it is).

I'm going to want it whatever it turns out being as I'm a bit of a Nintendo collector, but I've loved my Wii U and 3DS is probably my favourite console ever.

As far as I'm concerned they can reveal it when ever they want to, it won't change anything.

UrbanRats

I cant play zelda or mario on my pc, so i still care.

Btw hardware impacts gameplay too, not just graphics.

Rodin

Curious thing to say considering that very few devs used hardware enhancements since the PS2 era to push gameplay instead of making graphics as pretty as possible, and that one of them is... Nintendo, with Breath of the Wild. Wii U level of tech is more than enough to push the gameplay boundaries compared to the average modern game, and the NX is going to be much more powerful than its predecessor.

So yeah, at the end of the day is just about having prettier graphics, but in order to pursue the NX concept using mobile tech (with all its limitations) was mandatory. Not that i like said concept in the slightest, but their design choices make sense this time.

Genio88

True, but hardware between Wiiu and Ps4/Xb1 will be able to reproduce all the gameplay improvement we have elsewhere, also really nowadays games are only getting better graphically, gameplay hasn't change since Xbox 360

If it really is true that this is a fairly rare event for NoE, then I think it is fairly likely that they are explaining the NX to retailers (not that we should expect any official news soon, mind you).

Think about the amount of information that needs to be explained:

-New console concept (hybrid)
--How to market it (what exactly do you call it)
--Explanation of TV features
--Explanation of Dock features (USB ports, potential upgrades)
--Explanation of detachable controllers
---Explanation of potential super-cheap game specific bundled controllers
-Explanation of game cards
--Detailing box size
-Showing official artwork
-Potentially detailing storage add-ons (Nintendo branded SD cards)

-Detailing launch games
--Potential game/console bundles
--Potential game/controller bundles
-Detailing launch window games
--Explaining planned/ideal shelf space for games, how many games coming out per year

This isn't something you can clearly get across in an email communication, and you would want retailers up to speed on this info well before it's revealed to the public so that they can answer questions and put up the relevant pre-orders. The fact that this isn't just a simple console (likely includes a bunch of add-on controllers) greatly complicates that too, such that they really need to nail the communication.

harz-marz

Let's just pray GAME go backrupt again so they have nothing to lose from leaking everything

Just to get early NX info? Lame.

Game may have some questionable pricing and policies but to wish a company that employs thousands to go out of business is not cool.

UrbanRats

Curious thing to say considering that very few devs used hardware enhancements since the PS2 era to push gameplay instead of making graphics as pretty as possible, and that one of them is... Nintendo, with Breath of the Wild. Wii U level of tech is more than enough to push the gameplay boundaries compared to the average modern game, and the NX is going to be much more powerful than its predecessor.

So yeah, at the end of the day is just about having prettier graphics, but in order to pursue the NX concept using mobile tech (with all its limitations) was mandatory. Not that i like said concept in the slightest, but their design choices make sense this time.

So yeah, at the end of the day you're making my point for me, thanks.

Better hardware could've helped bring even more gameplay possibilities.

Also people like to undersell prettier graphics, but a forest that actually has trees and bushes helps sell the experience, it's not just graphic enthusiast wanking over texture resolution.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
No new information, such as a firm date of the event, on this subject has emerged I assume? If it is happening this week perhaps it could happen tomorrow, September 20 September 21, with a Nintendo Direct being announced for September 22? Or at least a public announcement of when the NX will be revealed to the broader mass.

Edit: Thanks, ekim.

Rösti;217496390 said:
No new information, such as a firm date of the event, on this subject has emerged I assume? If it is happening this week perhaps it could happen tomorrow, September 20, with a Nintendo Direct being announced for September 21?
Tomorrow is the only day Nintendo could announce something, but isn't Thursday a holiday in Japan? If they announce something tomorrow for NX, the full reveal probably won't be until next week or first week of October.

Akiller

Rösti;217496390 said:
No new information, such as a firm date of the event, on this subject has emerged I assume? If it is happening this week perhaps it could happen tomorrow, September 20, with a Nintendo Direct being announced for September 21? Or at least a public announcement of when the NX will be revealed to the broader mass.

Don't stop believin'🎶 i guess

Piccoro

The first retailer, Dolan was there. But unfortunately he doesn't bring big news...

Q2KQwWa.png

ekim

Rösti;217496390 said:
No new information, such as a firm date of the event, on this subject has emerged I assume? If it is happening this week perhaps it could happen tomorrow, September 20, with a Nintendo Direct being announced for September 21? Or at least a public announcement of when the NX will be revealed to the broader mass.

But today is September 20 :eek:

Tregard

Soothsayer
Just to get early NX info? Lame.

Game may have some questionable pricing and policies but to wish a company that employs thousands to go out of business is not cool.

Just to clarify, I don't actually wish for GAME to go out of business again, I was exaggerating for the sake of a joke.

No ill will, promises.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
There are several things we need to know, honestly, about the kind of event itself.

We're talking about retailers going to NoE in Germany "for an announcement within days" (the GAFfer who said it first posted "in 2 days", so it should happen tomorrow). Phazon talked about his own experience for press, by saying that this kind of initiatives have substantial costs, so there is potential it isn't just for (as example) the NES Classic (already well into preorders on several retailers), or Pokémon news. And the fact there is an NDA in place doesn't necessairly mean it HAS to be NX.

At the same time, we have the Nintendo Rep meeting in Vegas in a few days as well, and that's where they will discuss about the next 12 months of promotion, placement, etc. Moreover, it's not unusual that retailers get an heads up on brand new hardware well before its unveiling, since they need to be informed and prepared for pre-orders: OsirisBlack's thread for PS4 Pro back at the beginning of the year, well before GiantBomb's articles based on Sony Dev Portal guidelines is telling.

So, before hyping ourselves too much, we should see if we can answer the following questions

1) How often do NoE organise this kind of meetings?
2) Has it already happened before that they were all summoned to discuss an upcoming hardware before its official announcement?
3) What's the scope of this kind of events.

If we can find the answers to these questions, we can understand what this meeting could be for much better. Unfortunately, I don't know who can answer here, eh :p

Plum

I hate even entertaining things like this... buuuuut.

https://twitter.com/unheilig1980/status/778260623801155585

Interesting that it comes from a German account.

The dock doesn't look like it could hold the screen at all.
No company in their right mind would not label any of the face buttons
Why is the output on the left-hand controller the exact same as the screen's input?
Every single fake out there uses games that already exist
The font at the bottom looks horrible
No other images and no name other than "NX"
Both the face buttons and analog sticks look really uncomfortable to use

So yeah, probably fake. I'd be incredibly surprised if this were real

I hate even entertaining things like this... buuuuut.

https://twitter.com/unheilig1980/status/778260623801155585

Interesting that it comes from a German account.

It's fake. I have a hard time believing the system will be called "Nintendo NX" when it's a code name that even Kimishima doesn't know what it stands for, and the industrial design looks eons behind the New 3DS XL. It also shares some design qualities with the Wii U, which Nintendo is going to draw a blank slate from.

more new 3ds xl colors incoming

New Universe New Galaxy Style New Nintendo 3DS XL.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
What's strange is that this is a...presumably fake on a box? That's quite a devolution from titled, off-screen fakes.

Isn't posting unverified Twitter rumors exactly the sort of thing that gets all the other threads closed? What is the image anyway? Something took a picture of a laminated piece of paper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom