• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenge (Season 3) |OT| It's wedding season in The Hamptons again, pack your pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dLMN8R

Hah tonight they undid yet another thing introduced by season 2 :p

But yeah, enjoyable trashy shlock is the perfect description. My wife and I couldn't stop cracking up at how hilariously bad Victoria's dialog was. The writers are so obviously self-aware of their absurdity.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
Hah tonight they undid yet another thing introduced by season 2 :p

But yeah, enjoyable trashy shlock is the perfect description. My wife and I couldn't stop cracking up at how hilariously bad Victoria's dialog was. The writers are so obviously self-aware of their absurdity.

I love the ridiculously catty exchanges between Victoria and Emily.

TripOpt55

Really liked that ending of tonight's episode. Also, I imagine Patrick coming back into the picture at some point to mess something or another up.

Gibbo

This season is miles better than the last. It is probably one of the most unpredictable shows at the moment. Anyone else getting Walter White vibes from Amanda Clarke?

This post contains spoilers for the episode that aired last night (11/17/13).

WOW.

The ending, how the hell does that work?

I have no idea. Was anyone on that plane at all?

I laughed hard at the previous marriage exposure at the engagement party. What a weird almost-twist. Not sure how Emily pulled that shit off.

I have to say, been watching this show since season 1, and I'm pretty confident Conrad Grayson is one of my favorite villains of all time. Not that the character is incredibly well developed, but he's such a snide douche to everyone and so impossible to kill/bring down (be it by luck or his own self-preservation skills).

This is definitely my greatest guilty pleasure show.

Gibbo

Anyone finding Emily Clarke to be quite unlikeable now? Maybe it's the writers intention- but I stopped rooting for her a few episodes ago. I think Daniel said it best this episode when he said that she's no different from Victoria Greyson

Why did Conrad mentioned Lydia when talking about his mistress to Daniel? The moment he said her name I knew she would be back, and completely ruined the surprise for me :(

catmincer

No idea. The show is getting stretched out a bit too much. Having said that, this season is much better.

Annoyed they sent Patrick away, was enjoying the boy on boy action.

This season is becoming crazy.

Daniel was right, Emily is not better than Victoria. Emily should have just focused her revenge agenda on Conrad and Victoria only, because now there is far too much collateral damage and now the likes of Daniel, Sarah and Charlotte are going to suffer when the truth comes out.

Also, what the hell is Aiden up to? The dude is a loose cannon.

This season is becoming crazy.

Daniel was right, Emily is not better than Victoria. Emily should have just focused her revenge agenda on Conrad and Victoria only, because now there is far too much collateral damage and now the likes of Daniel, Sarah and Charlotte are going to suffer when the truth comes out.

Also, what the hell is Aiden up to? The dude is a loose cannon.

I don't personally like Aiden. He just seems too douchey. On the other hand, I look forward to the inevitable reveal that Emily is just using him and has zero feelings for him. She's becoming a really dark, twisted character. The OP says it accurately, she is the "(anti?) heroine" most assuredly. Just as bad as Victoria if not worse.

Revenge will be moving to 10PM starting in March according to the midseason ABC schedule.

I think this will be good for the show, since that's what time it was on before (though on Wednesday), and it won't be against TWD and GoT anymore.

maxcriden

Daniel in Sunday's ep:

"I remember walking down the hallway of the hospital CLUTCHING THAT GIANT DIAMOND in my hand...I clutched that GIANT DIAMOND so hard...that the GIANT DIAMOND I was holding cut the inside of my hand...because it was such a refined and expensive DIAMOND...did I mention I was holding a GIANT DIAMOND at the time?"

#firstworldproblems

Hilarious!

Anyone finding Emily Clarke to be quite unlikeable now? Maybe it's the writers intention- but I stopped rooting for her a few episodes ago. I think Daniel said it best this episode when he said that she's no different from Victoria Greyson

Came in here to make the same post. Except I stopped rooting for Emily sometime in the middle of season 2.

What's ironic is that I used to loathe Daniel with a passion. He was probably the most gullible character in the history of television. But now I'm actually rooting for him to get far away from Emily as possible. He said it best that Emily has essentially turned into Victoria with the constant scheming and passive aggressiveness, and with almost no regard for collateral damage. Yes maybe Emily was wronged with her father's death, but she's using her money and status to destroy people's lives including the innocents. How is that any different than the Grayson's?

So pretty much every episode this season I've been rooting for Emily's schemes to backfire. And thankfully the writers this season I've actually delivered on several occasions, which is probably why I'm enjoying this season. Most of Emily's "friends" aren't putting up with her shit anymore. From Nolan, Jack, and Charlotte, they've all grown a bit of a backbone and that includes Daniel. Instead of just following Emily blindly into her soul-destroying revenge plots, they're now acting more in their self-interest, which is more realistic and unpredictable. Another reason this season is more entertaining is because Emily has less control of the situations and has actually been caught off guard several times.

I also agree Conrad Grayson is probably one of the best villains on TV right now. His self-preservation instincts are amazing and has a knack for excellent quips.

Oh I hate Aiden with an absolute passion. He's the very definition of a douche. He and Emily will be perfect for each other. I hope the writers realize Emily's relationship with Aiden makes her even more unlikable, not less.

Regardless, major kudos to the writers for turning the show around this season. I thought for sure it had Jumped the Shark last season and I was basically done with the show. I just happened to catch the first ep of season 3 on Hulu a month late and was pleasantly surprised that they almost erased all of the season 2 non-sense in the first 15 minutes, lol.

Honestly it gives me hope that TV shows can actually turn it around before it's too late. It's rare, but now I know it's still possible.

Gibbo

Really didn't like the ending at all. The writers went with the safest route possible. There's no weight to Emily's "Death"/Disappearance as we know there is no way they will kill her off.

Can someone explain to me what happened right at the end, when Patrick was looking in Nolan's drawer with all the remotes? It cut to breaking news right at that part so I missed the ending.

If someone can describe from there on it would be awesome

komarkaze

I don't remember in exact detail the order of events but
Patrick uses the remote to open the wall and the scene cuts back to the aftermath of Emily getting shot by Daniel after she admitted to Victoria the pregnancy was fake and Aiden abducted Victoria. Daniel sneaks back to the inside of the boat pretending nothing happened and the boat captain announces someone fell overboard. Everyone runs to the upper deck and sees the blood splatter and remarks, "Where's Emily?" Where's Victoria?" "Where's Smithers?" Cut to the beach where Aiden swims to shore and finds Jack waiting there for Emily to give back the necklace. Then they both realize Emily never made it back but find her wedding dress only washing back to shore. So they both race to find her. End.

bidguy

Banned
damn i hope she just fakes the amnesia

really thought she was gonna get a win this time i mean the show is about revenge right ?
hope they set this straight and please end it with a bang in season 4.

no need to drag it out any longer

Tucah

you speak so well
I thought the mid-finale was okay, as soon as she said "I'm sorry" in the opening I knew it was
Daniel
who shot her. Preview spoilers:
The amnesia has to be fake right? Faking amnesia is 100% something Emily would do until she figures out how to handle Victoria/Lydia/Daniel and actually having amnesia is probably the worst thing they can do to this show right now outside of zombie Declan.

Did this show get better in season 3 because season 2 was a disaster in my view

Better than S2, yes, but it still hasn't gotten back to S1 highs.

bidguy

Banned
spoilers:
The amnesia has to be fake right? Faking amnesia is 100% something Emily would do until she figures out how to handle Victoria/Lydia/Daniel and actually having amnesia is probably the worst thing they can do to this show right now outside of zombie Declan.

yeah thats fucking terrible and lazy writing

I'm assuming Emily trying to ditch Aiden for some reason and had come up with a new plan XD

Because, A, she had "All according to the keikaku" written all over her face the entire end scene, specially when she glances over the gun to make Daniel aware of it, and B, her "original" plan just sucked completely, it was impossible that she actually though that would work as originally planned.

Also, I loved how Daniel completely ignored the fact that his mother was being sedated and carried away and went to confront Emily about being deceived that she was pregnant.

Edit: Damn, now I know she "gets" amnesia... You guys should spoiler tag preview talks XD

Declan returning as a zombie would be the greatest plot twist. Have it all be three seasons leading up to the beginning of a zombie apocalypse with Emily using her combat skills to defend Grayson manor against the oncoming zombie horde (led by Declan, of course). The show could switch genres and be absolutely amazing.

Revenge became so so so so shitty after season one. I mean Christ. Remember when it was about revenge? Yeah that was nice. I feel like its a Trojan horse for the typical female drama bullshit on ever other station.

bidguy

Banned
man i loved this episode hope they can keep this up

amnesia not faked but thankfully she remembered at the end.

what about the ratings ? up or down ?

edit : 1.8 definitely up

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Had to laugh at Charlotte telling Emily that she is her inspiration to get through tough times. Wasn't she just trying to wreck her life like three episodes ago? lol

Had to laugh at Charlotte telling Emily that she is her inspiration to get through tough times. Wasn't she just trying to wreck her life like three episodes ago? lol
Yeah, that was pretty hilarious.

I get they want to start strengthening the bond between them, and it is time to start progressing that storyline, but Charlotte seems to have very selective memory. (Though, to be fair, she acts like this with everyone, so it's not really a plot hole. She's just extremely self involved.)

Omzz

i dont fucking get this. could the police not do a simple gun residue test with all the people on the boat to find who shot the gun? if i remember correctly they were there on the boat when it was initially reported?

with a show like revenge im willing to overlook certain things but this one i dont get at all

catmincer

The woman who plays Niko has an awful accent and is also an awful actress.

Also the last part made me laugh. Emily being Victoria.

komarkaze

i dont fucking get this. could the police not do a simple gun residue test with all the people on the boat to find who shot the gun? if i remember correctly they were there on the boat when it was initially reported?

with a show like revenge im willing to overlook certain things but this one i dont get at all

The show could hand wave that saying that the Graysons have so much clout that they can skip police formalities like that. Like how Conrad was able to give Daniel's statement for him.

The show is getting better now that they've changed up the dynamics of Emily being out in the open as a Grayson enemy. Jack is becoming more likeable again and Daniel more hateable. Patrick has chosen his side, which is too bad for him. I like his tweener status, but no one messes with Nolan and gets away with it.

I don't like how Niko's accent sounds more like Aiden's than her father, Takeda 1 or 2. At least there will be repercussions of Aiden killing Takeda finally. Her punch to the gut on Emily was literally that.

catmincer

The show could hand wave that saying that the Graysons have so much clout that they can skip police formalities like that. Like how Conrad was able to give Daniel's statement for him.

The show is getting better now that they've changed up the dynamics of Emily being out in the open as a Grayson enemy. Jack is becoming more likeable again and Daniel more hateable. Patrick has chosen his side, which is too bad for him. I like his tweener status, but no one messes with Nolan and gets away with it.

I don't like how Niko's accent sounds more like Aiden's than her father, Takeda 1 or 2. At least there will be repercussions of Aiden killing Takeda finally. Her punch to the gut on Emily was literally that.

She's Australian (The actress) I think they mentioned she was raised with her mother in Sydney rather than with Takeda so that would be why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom