• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revenge (Season 3) |OT| It's wedding season in The Hamptons again, pack your pistol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0523

Another awesome episode, but now no more new ones until March... :(

I think I was freaking out more about that than the cliffhangerish ending we got. :lol But seriously, what was with Emily's blackouts? They made the following scenes seem like dream sequences. They weren't, were they?

Oriel

Emily going all-in at the end of this episode. I've come to realize this is basically a soap opera, but fuck, I love it.

My thoughts exactly, but a very good soap opera at that. Love how Emily appears to be morphing into the villain more and more, which is not exactly surprising.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Love how Aiden just keeps the evidence that he killed Takeda under his bed lol

That ending D: Hate how there's always huge gaps in this show's airings. I get to the point where I forget about it completely.

TripOpt55

This has been quite fun lately. It was pretty hilarious when Daniel just greeted Emily in the morning with Sara in his bed... haha. And he was downright cold with that "best thing I could have done was sterilize you" line. Damn! I really hope that Emily sleeping with Conrad didn't happen. Blech! I would hate that.

Love how Aiden just keeps the evidence that he killed Takeda under his bed lol

Haha. Seriously. Come the fuck on Aiden.

ZeroFate

Conrad has David Clarke murdered and then 15 years later screws his daughter. :/

And I had no idea Conrad was married before. Was this ever mentioned before the latest episode? Having another Victoria around sounds like fun, but that's pretty much been Emily this season...

maxcriden

2987416.jpg

Omzz

biggest SMH how aiden just leaves that katana underneath the bed. but then again it's why i enjoy this show lol.

also fuck, gotta wait till march. These random breaks always annoy me.

dLMN8R

I LOL'd when it was revealed last week that
Jack Porter is half-Grayson

OF COURSE he is! Becuase it's Revenge! Why the hell wouldn't he be??

:lol:

Anyway, glad that
Emily's memory shit is over

dLMN8R

Are you kidding? That was perfectly in character with the absurdity of the show. It's basically the reason why I watch.

Loke13

Ugh this show really would have benefited well with having a 13-15 episode season.

Season 1 had so much potential. They really need to put this whole Grayson plot to bed. Emily just needs to plant a bomb in the house lure them all there and blow them up.

REVENGE DONE.

Ugh this show really would have benefited well with having a 13-15 episode season.

Season 1 had so much potential. They really need to put this whole Grayson plot to bed. Emily just needs to plant a bomb in the house lure them all there and blow them up.

REVENGE DONE.

The "Grayson plot" is basically the plot for the entire series; their family is huge, wealthy, and some how has their hands in everything... so we'll keep revisiting extended family, connections between the Graysons and other powerful people, and general Grayson douche-baggery until the series finale.

I think we touched on this before, but does anyone else feel sorry for Daniel? I mean... yeah he shot Emily, but fuck, besides that, he seems to just be getting manipulated and fucked over by everyone everywhere.

maxcriden

I don't remember if I already said this, but I really don't understand what the endgame could be for Emily now. She's going to be all, hahah, you thought I was just some master manipulator trying to ruin your family's life...guess what, I'm actually a specific master manipulator you already know! It's...just a weird dynamic at this point.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
does anyone else feel sorry for Daniel?

I certainly don't. Daniel is trash, and at this point I hate him even more than Conrad. I hope Emily straight up kills him, I don't want him to escape with jailtime

Loke13

I don't remember if I already said this, but I really don't understand what the endgame could be for Emily now. She's going to be all, hahah, you thought I was just some master manipulator trying to ruin your family's life...guess what, I'm actually a specific master manipulator you already know! It's...just a weird dynamic at this point.
Yeah I'm not really seeing it myself she was actually pretty ingrained into the Grayson family through Daniel not to mention she still managed to delude almost everyone that she was this kind individual but now?

She's lost the element of surprise they KNOW she's trying to actively take them down and now she's on the outside looking in.

Patriots7

Isn't Emily supposed to be rich?
If not as rich as the Graysons, pretty close?

I don't get why the show keeps having Victoria and Daniel talk about her being a gold digger.

Wasn't it equal to Nolan's (before he got into trouble) and he was the richest one in the Hampton's.
They don't know that.

They actually know precious little about her. That's why Victoria (and now Daniel) are always so suspicious of her. She seemingly appeared out of nowhere and then ingrained herself into their lives.

They don't know that.

They actually know precious little about her. That's why Victoria (and now Daniel) are always so suspicious of her. She seemingly appeared out of nowhere and then ingrained herself into their lives.

Sorry, I meant that as a reply to patriots first question about if she was rich. Yeah the Graysons have no idea.

Toadette

Banned
there defo setting Daniel to be killed there making him in such a villain

emily saw hope in him he wanted to be a poet now he just like his dad

Anyone else having a bitch of a time keeping up with what's going on with this show or am I just getting old and slow?
Remember when Conrad was elected GOVERNOR OF NEW YORK?!

And how he was somehow involved with planting a bomb across the road from his headquarters that killed Declan?

Hell, remember Declan?

And some shadowy organization called The Initiative that just seemed to be some middle-aged lady?

Remember when the whole of Manhattan was in a blackout?

Remember when Charlotte was relevant?
hahaha, she has never been relevant

Remember the shady brothers who bought the Stowaway as some sort of mini-Revenge and drug trafficking but then got involved with killing Amanda?

Remember Nolan's weird bisexual love triangle that ended up with the one girl getting kidnapped by the Initiative?

Remember Victoria's shirtless painter boyfriend?

Man, season 2 was a giant clusterfuck.

Long story short, no you are not the only one who has a hard time keeping up and remembering what everyone's motives are.

This is one of those shows that should've started and ended at Season 1, with Emily's Revenge settled there and then during that ceremony as they promised from the flashforwards. The network developed "Showtime" syndrome and prolonged this shiet far longer than was necessary, adding more and more needless elements along the way, elements that we don't give a crap about, straying away, again and again, from the central element of Emily's Revengeance.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
This is one of those shows that should've started and ended at Season 1, with Emily's Revenge settled there and then during that ceremony as they promised from the flashforwards. The network developed "Showtime" syndrome and prolonged this shiet far longer than was necessary, adding more and more needless elements along the way, elements that we don't give a crap about, straying away, again and again, from the central element of Emily's Revengeance.

Definitely. Should've been 1-2 seasons max, or alternately, a few seasons with a shortened episode count. I think a tighter focus would've helped immensely.

TripOpt55

This would have been a good candidate for the anthology series that we seem to be seeing more of these days. We could of wrapped Emily's storyline up in one season. Tried a new cast and plot in Season 2. If it didn't work... Meh.

I still enjoy the show but it seems really aimless these days. Just all over the place.

Zero315

Banned
Remember when

[REDACTED]

Man, season 2 was a giant clusterfuck.

Shhhhh... We don't speak of season 2 anymore.

This would have been a good candidate for the anthology series that we seem to be seeing more of these days. We could of wrapped Emily's storyline up in one season. Tried a new cast and plot in Season 2. If it didn't work... Meh.

I still enjoy the show but it seems really aimless these days. Just all over the place.

IIRC, it was originally supposed to be. Then the show became a hit and they just decided to roll with the characters. The show is still fun to me, and no matter how soapy it's gotten at least it hasn't fallen down the shithole that Pretty Little Liars has.

As far as Daniel, yeah I felt bad for him at first. Then he shot Emily because she lied about a pregnancy that made him break up with his mistress that caused said mistress to try and kill herself. Then, as if shooting her wasn't enough, he proceeded to bring said mistress and fuck her practically in front of Emily. Oh yeah, and this is on top of selling out the two people who actually tried to be his friend, Jack and Nolan. As far as I'm concerned he deserves everything he has coming to him.

maxcriden

I felt like this episode was just filled to the top with dumb. I'm not sure why I'm still watching this show, I think I have Revenge Stockholm Syndrome....

Gibbo

ive kinda given up on this show. it really has moved so far away from what it was in Season 1. there is really too many moving parts with a new character introduced every 2 episodes.

im still trying to understand the purpose of writing in emilys blackout spells that she experienced the last few episodes. the explaination of why they happened and how it was subsequently resolved didnt make sense at all.

taking this show off my weekly watchlist

985boi

ive kinda given up on this show. it really has moved so far away from what it was in Season 1. there is really too many moving parts with a new character introduced every 2 episodes.

im still trying to understand the purpose of writing in emilys blackout spells that she experienced the last few episodes. the explaination of why they happened and how it was subsequently resolved didnt make sense at all.

taking this show off my weekly watchlist

Same here. When the season is over, I'm done with the show.

Patriots7

They don't know the extent of her fortune.
I knew they never knew how rich she was, but I thought it was pretty clear in season 1 that she was an heiress in her own right.

Now every single episode, there are "Wow, I'm shocked you can afford this" digs repeatedly, that never made their way into the show in the first two seasons.

Omzz

to be honest..i hope this wraps up this season.

Someones dad, mom, or some relative is some how involved in this huge hampton fiasco and it's getting tiresome. I just want Emily to get her shit done and be done with it. I can't take another season of this

TripOpt55

Yeah this series is just totally aimless at this point. I do still like staring at Emily VanCamp for an hour each week though.

Gibbo

the number of half baked characters on this show rivals Once Upon a Time. Daniel's ex, Green Arrow, Evil Carpenter, Asian Ninja Lady, French Magazine Owner,Lydia, all served very little purpose other than to side track the main plot this season imo. the introduction of the bar owner's mon 3 eps ago does not make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom