• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reviews: Monster Hunter Generations

redcrayon

PokéKong;209924298 said:
Gaijin Hunter's videos are overall the best and go into great detail on how to get the most out of each weapon type, with stuff like optimal combos and showing motion value numbers. But I also recommend Arekkz Gaming's channel if you want some more easily consumable videos that are brief and to the point, have nice snazzy production value, and simply tell you all the basics to generally understand each weapon.
Beats mentioned he's on it. Speaking of, it's about time he puts it up. Get out of bed already!

Thanks all

Amazon FR #1
Amazon GR #4
Amazon ES #4
Amazon UK #6
Amazon US #8

wp6yELy.gif

tuffy

PokéKong;209924298 said:
Gaijin Hunter's videos are overall the best and go into great detail on how to get the most out of each weapon type, with stuff like optimal combos and showing motion value numbers. But I also recommend Arekkz Gaming's channel if you want some more easily consumable videos that are brief and to the point, have nice snazzy production value, and simply tell you all the basics to generally understand each weapon.
Arekkz is also the only one with any sort of bowgun tutorials, since Gaijin Hunter skipped those for Generations.

Voror

Trying to figure what weapon to go with since honestly a lot of them are fun to play. I think I'm leaning most towards Charge Blade or Switch Axe. I guess I can always switch around but not sure how wise that is.

Ultrabum

Trying to figure what weapon to go with since honestly a lot of them are fun to play. I think I'm leaning most towards Charge Blade or Switch Axe. I guess I can always switch around but not sure how wise that is.
Switching around is a great idea! There's no need to kill everything and advance as fast as possible. I suggest trying all the weapons, using one for a while and then switching. Some weapons are going to feel better or worse on some monsters anyways.

I loved Freedom Wars and God Eater. I am so fucking tempted to let this be my first true Monster Hunter game. It seems much more appealing the the previous games have been.

tuffy

I'm leaning toward switching up weapons more this time, myself. With additions like inbuilt piercing elemental shots and a "load all" hunting art, LBG looks like it could also be a lot of fun. In 4 Ultimate I used HBG heavily and only started using LBGs in later in the game. But this time around I think I'll try to use them both more equally.

Sorry if this was already answered, but is there any way to preload this for midnight? Was hoping to play before work tomorrow :eek:.

I'm leaning toward switching up weapons more this time, myself. With additions like inbuilt piercing elemental shots and a "load all" hunting art, LBG looks like it could also be a lot of fun. In 4 Ultimate I used HBG heavily and only started using LBGs in later in the game. But this time around I think I'll try to use them both more equally.

I'm bringing back SnS for this one and trying switch axe for the first time. Gaijin's video on the weapon sold me on it hard.

tuffy

Sorry if this was already answered, but is there any way to preload this for midnight? Was hoping to play before work tomorrow :eek:.
Preloads aren't going to be a thing at this stage (perhaps they're only for 1st party titles?), but the game should be on the e-shop at midnight like 4 Ultimate was.

It's pretty easy to switch between weapons, it's not like you have to start from scratch in terms of building weapons. Consistently keeping up with multiple weapon types will require a lot of grinding however. But starting with one weapon, and wanting to try out and maybe start focusing on another is no problem

Ohnonono

Trying to decide what weapon to start with. Switch Axe looks fun and the arial style looks really cool. Lance looks fun. Damn you Monster Hunter.

Voror

Switching around is a great idea! There's no need to kill everything and advance as fast as possible. I suggest trying all the weapons, using one for a while and then switching. Some weapons are going to feel better or worse on some monsters anyways.

It's pretty easy to switch between weapons, it's not like you have to start from scratch in terms of building weapons. Consistently keeping up with multiple weapon types will require a lot of grinding however. But starting with one weapon, and wanting to try out and maybe start focusing on another is no problem

Alright that's good to hear. I do see how grinding multiple good weapons could make it a challenge. I guess I'll just pick one and see how it goes for a while then maybe try another.

Thank you!

The Monster Hunter francise remains the one series that gives me such obscene value that I will do almost anything to play it optimally. I just ordered the Generations LE N3DSXL, strictly for the minor improvements over 3DS, and so I can rep the series with a special 3DS. :p Normally i'd feel dumb for making that upgrade when I enjoy my 3DS as-is... but somehow spending $250 total for a new MH seems like a value. :p

I remember when review sites would give the series horrible scores because either they only did the entry missions with collecting or failing the jaggi, haggi or the baggi missions.

The Monster Hunter francise remains the one series that gives me such obscene value that I will do almost anything to play it optimally. I just ordered the Generations LE N3DSXL, strictly for the minor improvements over 3DS, and so I can rep the series with a special 3DS. :p Normally i'd feel dumb for making that upgrade when I enjoy my 3DS as-is... but somehow spending $250 total for a new MH seems like a value. :p
It's worth it. The improved 3D alone is great. And the extra controls are really useful in MH.

Top Bottom