• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven for DS!

Shiggy

I decided to get this as a Christmas present (it was only EUR 10...ok two weeks later Amazon had it for only EUR 5), still I just saw that you can order a demo at Nintendo. Might be interesting for some! (Germany only)

demo.nintendo.de

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I bought this game as a gift for my little sister for xmas but ended up playing it myself...it's completely awesome! I just unlocked the extra rows after the credits (spoiler?) and have played around with some of the rhythm toys in the shop and it's all great!

What is "flow" though?

upandaway

bistromathics said:
What is "flow" though?
It seems that my flow goes up whenever I OK and whenever I Superb a game, or when I'm really close to either of them. It never went down, I don't think.

So yeah holy shit everyone need to buy this. I got it because I really liked the demo I got through the Wii, and it's like the perfect handheld game.
I noticed that the game is a complete dick to you if you don't get Superb on the first try or something. It's an endless rush towards perfect'ing the whole game. When I OK'd the shooting game, it said something like "you made it, but just barely..." The nerve!

Shiggy

So Nintendo just send the demo. It's essentially the same as the one on the Nintendo Channel. Some differences: There are menus, they explain how to flip and there's a third minigame.

Stitch

Gold Member
yeah i've got that thing too a few days ago :D

2h30bih.jpg
vq76zq.jpg

i already failed at the robot song

Sagitario

I couldn't find the official thread [is there an official one?] and this has the most recent replies, so here I go...

I'm not really good at rhythm games, but dear Lord, this game is so freaking addictive... up to 3am playing so I just slept like 3 hours and my hand is sore [damn you small stylus, I want a DSi XL]...

I'm loving the songs and so far Shoot-'em Up is my favorite [but seriously, almost all of them are great, except for the Robot Factory, hate that one :p]...

Anyway, I found this so amusing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhLTdYy4OYs
Loving the crowd [one of my favorite tunes in the game as well] :lol

28thumb.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
Sagitario said:
[damn you small stylus, I want a DSi XL]...

I play this on my DSi LL and while the bigger screen and stylus are nice it appears they haven't recalibrated for the larger screen, so at the start of the game when it says "Flick faster" I have to cover a larger area than the DSL in the same amount of time and I often have to do a few furious flicks before it lets me into the game.

Sagitario

I mostly want it for the big stylus, I play RH on my old fat DS (EBA too)...

I spent nearly 4 hours trying to get a gold medal in Lockstep (which means, do it perfectly]... I still can't believe, I suck at rhythm games :p... at the end, I got...

AND I HATE REMIX 8! OMG! ARRRRGH! [UFO Ping pong + dark robot factory = x_X]

I really don't see myself getting all the gold medals :( ...

Sagitario

I barely made it through Remix 8... the new rhythm for the extended Robot Factory kills me :p ...

And Moai Doo-Wop 2 is evil...

Oddly enough, the medal I had the toughest time with was Glee Club. I had every other medal and loads of perfects, and no dice on that. :lol I don't think I'll ever get the perfect on that.

Epic bump for pointless point, but I never realized until now that the most memorable song for me was the Moai song. I haven't played it in months, and I still find myself tapping my fingers to the beat of that. Wasn't even my favourite level!

Top Bottom