• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven for DS!

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Blu_LED said:
Lockstep is BULLSHIT. I cannot get it.
Heh, I had HEAPS of trouble with Lockstep 1, but once I got it, I got a medal, and once Lockstep 2 came around, I "got it", I got the medal right away. Come time for Lockstep 2, I perfected it first try. =p

LockStep gave me nightmares but it is one of my favorite ones now that I figured it out. Moai Doo-Wop 2 on the other hand... UGH! Must... keep... trying!

Masked Man

I said wow
Regulus Tera said:
The singer kills it for me. The lyrics are totally in tune with the other vocals in the game, however.

Really, you don't like his voice? I think it's just the right fit, actually--kind of like a low-key, John Mayer / Jack Johnson hybrid. :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to get a gold in Shoot Em Up (1) is infuriating. If you miss ONE, then you're screwed. BOOOO

Masked Man

I said wow
Rez said:
Trying to get a gold in Shoot Em Up (1) is infuriating. If you miss ONE, then you're screwed. BOOOO

At least it's responsive, though, unlike the flicking! =/
Truth be told, it's not that bad, but it's definitely frustrating when you're aiming for a perfect and ONE flick doesn't register

Darkpen

Banned
Darkpen said:
Just got this for Mother's Day (sort of). My mom really likes Glee Club, but she doesn't really care much for the other beginning modes, and I had to do them for her. Any protips on... just about anything regarding Rhythm Heaven and DS use that I could impart on my mother? I've figured out a few tips to help her out myself, like how to properly handle/hold the stylus in conjunction with the DS for easier sweeping (use your pinky as a pivot next to the GBA slot, and utilize the index/middle/thumb for greater ease in maneuverability along the touch screen.

Are there more Glee-club-esque stages, or is it just that, and the later-unlocked sunset version?

Oh, and my town had this street fair that it does every so often, and there was a tent for Rhythm Heaven, which surprised me. My mom really enjoyed Glee Club, and that was pretty much the reason why we got it.

I didn't have my camera to take photos of the tent, but I did get a souvenir:

wi0qpz.jpg

2dw6ijp.jpg

the sunglasses! not the game :p

There was a green one, too, but I didn't bother getting it. I might go back tomorrow to pick one up, though.

If anyone here wants me to send them a pair, let me know within the next 15 hours :<
Reminder to people who want a pair. I'll try asking if I could at least grab 12 of them, but I might only be able to ask for as many people who've requested a pair so far.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Gomu Gomu said:
Question: Is this game going to fuck up my DSi's touch screen?
if youre playing the game like beyonce, then youre playing the game wrong.

MNC

I'd love to have one of those! I don't care for color, and it would be a great plus to have 2 of them, one for me and for my sister, she loves the game. I don't think she'd want green, so 1 surprise and 1 non-green :lol If that's alright with you, ofcourse. Where do you live? To take in account for shipping, and if it's too high I might reconsider :/

Darkpen

Banned
I'm sorry gaf, I have failed you :(

I ended up sleeping in too late, and by the time I got there, they had already given away all of their glasses

:(

But I did get to take photos of the booth.

IMG_2248.jpg

IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

Vard

Earlier I was trying to get Perfects on Crop Stomp and Karate Man and on my final try for each of them I was literally seconds away from getting them... but then I messed up at the very end. =( I'll get them next time! I must have put over 20 hours in this game so far... it's so good.

Almyn

McBradders said:
F that table tennis shit, seriously, what the fucking hell? :lol

Both the table tennis games are the only thing stopping me from getting all 50 gold medals :(

I'll keep trying...

eXistor

Almyn said:
Both the table tennis games are the only thing stopping me from getting all 50 gold medals :(

I'll keep trying...
Table Tennis is the one game I have to play with my eyes closed, the visuals make it more difficult than it really is.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Rez said:
Heh, I had HEAPS of trouble with Lockstep 1, but once I got it, I got a medal, and once Lockstep 2 came around, I "got it", I got the medal right away. Come time for Lockstep 2, I perfected it first try. =p

I've already perfected Lockstep 2, but I'm still unable to get a freaking medal on the first one. :(

bart64

Banned
Not so pro tip, but for the table tennis game I start with the sylus touching the bottom edge of the screen after every stroke. I think this prevents small movements from messing with the stroke recognition--whatever it is it helps me be more consistent.

The same trick helped me get the lizard game the first time. I was worried that hitting the edge would damage the stylus, but the tip is still perfect on mine.

Regulus Tera said:
I've already perfected Lockstep 2, but I'm still unable to get a freaking medal on the first one. :(
Getting perfect on Lockstep is actually easier than getting a medal. If your timing is off by a tiny bit you'll hear a clicking noise rather than the usual stepping noise. This doesn't count against you if you're going for perfect but if you do it more than a few times on a single run you won't get superb.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Regulus Tera said:

i seriously think the second timers happen to be easier than the first, minus rhythm rally 2 i got a medal on all the second timers on my first time, yet still manage to miss a beat in shoot em up 1. i do wish there was a photo finish 2. that is my favorite game. also, did anyone notice how similar the karateman 2 and shoot em up themes are?

Struct09

I'm shocked that people have problems with Love Lizards, it was literally one of the easiest for me. Moai Doo-wop, Rhythm Rally, and Big Rock Finish were the games that gave me the most trouble.

Masked Man

I said wow
Struct09 said:
I'm shocked that people have problems with Love Lizards, it was literally one of the easiest for me. Moai Doo-wop, Rhythm Rally, and Big Rock Finish were the games that gave me the most trouble.

Moai was just randomly unresponsive, and I definitely had trouble with the responsiveness (or lack thereof) of BRF. Crop Stomp also gave me trouble.

After a lot of failing, I discovered that the reason that Moai was causing problems for me was because I was touching the stylus to the screen for a split second too long for the taps, so they were registering as really short holds. Once I consciously started poking at the screen instead of just touching it, I got Superbs with ease.

Haunted

+1 for Moai and Ghost Guitar hate. Only times where the flicking failed me.

Aside from those, I like the flicking more, simply because flick + tap are two different moves which results in a bit more diversity over pressing two identical buttons.

Darkpen said:
Guy looks like Ravi Drums.

So I finally got this, and it's ironic that the first set of games gave me trouble. I'm on the more advanced ones and getting Superbs on the first try. :p

Struct09

$13 is an absolute steal for this game.

Also, you should get free shipping even if you're not Amazon Prime since the regular price is > $25.

MoogPaul

Struct09 said:
$13 is an absolute steal for this game.

Also, you should get free shipping even if you're not Amazon Prime since the regular price is > $25.

never mind, you do. 14 bucks, I had to jump at it.

MNC

You should buy this game at any price. I still occasionally play it, but alas, I hardly make any progress. I only have 1 guitar lesson locked I think!

Cmagus

Such an awesome game although I have perfected the game completely in both the japanese and english versions and the original GBA one. I need more hopefully we see another one because I would welcome it.

Top Bottom