• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven The Best + (3DS) - June 11th

Times like this make me glad I have a Japanese N3DS.
Interesting they are going to rework the DS touch games to use buttons.

Also yay June, I have a game to play!

Edit: I hope Bon Odori is chosen as one of the games. Wrestler and Frogs makes me happy.

Boxart, btw:

tUMtEGH.jpg

I loveee the palette.

zroid

Banned
Yo NoA... I'm sorry no one bought the previous versions. I did my best to convince them but north americans are buttholes with no taste, it's not my fault. Please localize this one... for me... :)

Sterok

The west better get this. After Puzzle & Dragons there's basically nothing to look forward to aside from Yokai Watch and Fire Emblem. 3DS needs everything it can get, and this is a fairly significant thing. No excuse for this and Style Savvy 3 not to come over.

I remember reading sometime ago that this one had all the games from previous versions plus new ones. Is that what it is or is it just a selection of "the best" with new ones?

Berordn

I remember reading sometime ago that this one had all the games from previous versions plus new ones. Is that what it is or is it just a selection of "the best" with new ones?

I don't think they ever said it was every game.

Ugh, why hasn't this been announced for the west yet :( Shouldn't be too much trouble to bring over, right?

There is a LOT that goes into the localization resulting in a ton of changes for these, but thankfully the wait is usually worth it.

and there's some misses but we brush those under the rug

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
to be fair I feel like the DS release is the one with iffy localization, Frog Hop aside

Wii localization was top notch

Time to listen to the complete Soundtrack of all three games.
Again.

Also I REALLY hope this comes over to the west.
Can't live without my Rhythm Paradise fix :(

I couldn't care less about Nintendo rerecording the songs into whatever language they desire. They could just leave them in Japanese for all I care. Although they did an EXCELLENT job with the German DS version and the English Wii version.

This will probably be localised considering that the other Rhythm Heaven games sold pretty decently in the west.

I expect it to be at E3 to beef up their conference.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Nice!
Wouldn't be surprised to see it coming it in the west actually. Nintendo is winding down their 3DS productions.

I'd be very surprised.
Nintendo tried two times, one of each with a massive ad campaign with an A++ list celebrity amd it still bombed, then they tried again with a low key budget release for the Wii game and it bombed even harder. Can't blame them, hopefully they'll at least release it digitally as a budget title.
It sure as hell wouldn't work as a $30 retail release.
Thank god the best in the series is region free and we got the other 2 anyway.

GamerJM

Banned
Somehow missed this announcement. If it's not confirmed coming West by the end of the year I'll just import.

Same, considering just importing this Summer honestly. It wouldn't be bad to have more purchases to justify my Japanese 3DS >_>.

I'd be very surprised.
Nintendo tried two times, one of each with a massive ad campaign with an A++ list celebrity amd it still bombed, then they tried again with a low key budget release for the Wii game and it bombed even harder. Can't blame them, hopefully they'll at least release it digitally as a budget title.
It sure as hell wouldn't work as a $30 retail release.
Thank god the best in the series is region free and we got the other 2 anyway.

I'm just crossing my fingers that maybe the localisation will happen just because it's quite easy. Most of the songs and levels will have English versions anyway, and the menus aren't too complex. Bringing it over as an eShop title for $30 or something should be profitable quite easily.

I hope.

Fever didn't get its localization announced until a month before the game came out in Japan. The first localization trailer was released at E3, which very well may be the case here as well.

Zalman

I would love a new Rhythm Heaven, but this "best of" concept isn't really doing anything for me. Not a huge loss if it doesn't come out over here.

I'm just crossing my fingers that maybe the localisation will happen just because it's quite easy. Most of the songs and levels will have English versions anyway, and the menus aren't too complex. Bringing it over as an eShop title for $30 or something should be profitable quite easily.

I hope.

I feel like these games always come out late in a hardware cycle and results in a weird catch 22. Have to be released to fill out release schedules, but a lot of people have already moved on leading to it "flopping." As much as I'd like a physical dual audio release, I'll take whatever we can get here.

Impotaku

I would love a new Rhythm Heaven, but this "best of" concept isn't really doing anything for me. Not a huge loss if it doesn't come out over here.

It's not just a best of though, there will be 30 brand new levels along with the old ones. It's basically a whole new game with some extra older content thrown in.

Oh also seems like the game has a lil official site now too.

Shows some screenshots of new games and has the footage without people talking over it, but that's about it. The text at the bottom is virtually identical to what has been said in the Directs.

edit: Trying to translate the bit about touch controls from here. If I'm not mistaken, it says you have the option to use touch controls, but there's no flicking and you can't hold the 3DS horizontally?

I might be able to stomach a digital-only release of this in NA, since it IS mostly remixes of older RH games. Same with the Ace Attorney Trilogy.

Would still prefer physical though.

Shiggy

Previous games sold terribly in Europe and ended up being €4.99/€9.99 quickly. Still pretty sure this will come over as the 3DS schedule is rather barren.

Importers: Looks like the game comes with a "microfiber pouch" through Amazon.co.jp. Not sure if there are any other retailer exclusives, but the Amazon bonus edition costs the same as the regular one so just a heads up! It's the one I preordered.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh also seems like the game has a lil official site now too.

Shows some screenshots of new games and has the footage without people talking over it, but that's about it. The text at the bottom is virtually identical to what has been said in the Directs.

edit: Trying to translate the bit about touch controls from here. If I'm not mistaken, it says you have the option to use touch controls, but there's no flicking and you can't hold the 3DS horizontally?

probably due to the 3D effect

Neoxon

I get that it takes time to localize Rhythm Heaven games, but for the love of god localize this game.

Platy

IF it was on other times I would not have hope.

But Fatal Frame, SMTxFE and Boxboy makes me sure that Nintendo will eventualy translate most games

So, the most recent edition of Famitsu has a spread on this game with a bunch of new details. I don't really have time to do any translation, and I'm sure that someone who can do a much better job than I will have one ready soon, but at first glance, some of the returning games we didn't already know about that are featured include Fillbots, Figure Fighter, Airboarder, Exhibition Match, Shoot em Up, Rabbit Jump, Sneaky Spirits, Rhythm Rally, Power Calligraphy, and Dog Ninja. Also, it seems that all scoring in the game will be more transparent, similar to Fever's 2-player mode, with a specific score being given and each rank having a score threshold you have to meet.

I'll work on the rest of the details later today if nobody else does, I guess.

Top Bottom