• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+ |Import OT| The music plays on and on

alcheim

Finally cleared the game for
for the 3rd time
and am now trying to purchase the other stages in the shop.

What's the quickest way to build up money for the stage unlocks? The current train challenge mode only yields 1 point per 3 stages.

There should be a way to watch the broadcast, I think it has something to do with the "Timeshift", but I'm not really all that familiar with NicoNico. I reserved the timeshift, whatever that means lol, last night so I'll see if it'll let me watch it, and if there's no recording available otherwise I can record and upload it.

As far as I know the endless games are just unlocked by clearing the gatekeeper games on all 3 difficulties. Don't think there are any other endless games.

Aye, sadly Timeshift only works if you're a premium member.

Whoever uploaded the event: Thank you! https://youtu.be/D7OkPdPTvDk

Finished the game today. In hindsight I do like the new minigame progression more than I did before; especially by post-game I stopped being able to tell what to expect since it deviated from the previous games by so much.

Kind of disappointed in the lack of new vocal songs; IIRC there were only the two remixes? Also dreading the Perfect marathon cause there are so many minigames in TB+. Repetition was your friend in the previous games and that's gone now.

Dingens

I also beat the game last night. not sure how I feel about the game as a whole yet.
On the one hand, I really like it, on the other hand I liked most of the remixes (and songs) from the Wii version waayyyy more...
For some reason, the remixes in this one haven't clicked yet... probably because the music isn't as catchy?
I haven't seen anything in RT:the best that would compare to let's say Remix 2

[...]

Kind of disappointed in the lack of new vocal songs; IIRC there were only the two remixes? Also dreading the Perfect marathon cause there are so many minigames in TB+. Repetition was your friend in the previous games and that's gone now.

there was also the... hover board song

btw: Cosmo Clock 21, I can see you from my window :D

flowsnake

Just got the game since region free is so easy now.

It's a charming as ever but I can't wait for the remixes and stages with some more difficulty. It's also weird that there's a story (I can't read it but the characters look appropriately bizarre at least).

Tyeforce

For anyone still holding out hope that this game may be localized, I noticed something interesting in the Nintendo Badge Arcade today...
uqGUiuM.jpg

That's right, there's a character from The Best Plus in one of today's new badge catcher machines! Along with the onions from the GBA game. Could this be a hint towards localization? I dunno, it could very well mean nothing, but it gives me a bit of hope, at least! (There are other Rhythm Heaven badges available right now, too, so be sure to play the Badge Arcade ASAP if you want to decorate your HOME Menu with Rhythm Heaven stuff!)

Oh, that's the alien from Air Batter, none of the sets with Best+ characters have gone up yet. Though it's weird that they're doing the badges in a different order than they did in Japan. None of the Best+ characters were in the initial batch of RH badges, but they had, like, Ringside instead of Blue Birds.

Still, it's interesting that they have characters that were exclusively in Tengoku. And... the Rhythm Heaven badges at all, lol. It's nice to see the series recognized while the fate of the next game is still uncertain, at least!

Tyeforce

Oh, that's the alien from Air Batter, none of the sets with Best+ characters have gone up yet. Though it's weird that they're doing the badges in a different order than they did in Japan. None of the Best+ characters were in the initial batch of RH badges, but they had, like, Ringside instead of Blue Birds.

Still, it's interesting that they have characters that were exclusively in Tengoku. And... the Rhythm Heaven badges at all, lol. It's nice to see the series recognized while the fate of the next game is still uncertain, at least!
Oh, that one is from the GBA game? Oops, sorry! I haven't played Tengoku at all and I've only played a bit of The Best Plus so I was mistaken. But yeah, still interesting!

Sorry I bump and no translation

I need help actually I don't understand the currency systems because of these 3 guys that wants me to win their mini game and asked me to pay with coins. Is there a way to bypass that ?

nom

I'm not sure if the website is ok to link to, but someone is working on and has released a translation patch

if your 3DS can do homebrew stuff you should be able to figure it out :)

Top Bottom