Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+ (リズム天国 ザ・ベスト＋
Release Date: 6/11/15
Price: 4,700円 (Retail), 5,076円 (DL)
File Size: 427.5 MB (3,240 blocks)
Developer: Nintendo SPD Group 1
The latest entry in the Rhythm Heaven series finally arrives! From the development team behind the WarioWare series, and Tsunku (つんく♂, producer and composer behind groups like Morning Musume, the Rhythm Heaven series (Rhythm Tengoku in Japan) are collections of easy-to-play minigames in which you simply press buttons in rhythm according to visual and audio cues. The series has gained a following for its fun gameplay, catchy tunes, and cute art (courtesy of Nintendo's Ko Takeuchi), and Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+ is the most jam-packed game yet!
- Over 30 brand new rhythm games
- Controlled with just A, B, and the D-Pad
- New remixes featuring both new and returning games
- Improved grading system shows exactly how well you performed
- Bottom screen provides timing feedback, showing how early or late you are
- Over 70 games returning from the GBA, DS, and Wii entries in the series
- GBA and DS games feature redrawn graphics to fit the 3DS resolution
- DS games have been modified to be controlled with buttons rather than touch
- Some returning games also get brand new music
- All games feature the ease-of-use improvements featured in the new games
- A first for the series!
- Help Tebiri, the little guy with the crazy afro, find his way back home
- Clear rhythm games to progress in the story and earn currency that can be used in the shop
- Up to 4 players via Download Play. Only 1 cart necessary!
- Team up with friends to clear Challenge Courses, consisting of multiple stages
Q: Is this game going to be localized? If so, when?
A: The big question on everyone's mind! I wish I could say that the game is decidedly coming West, but as of yet, there's no confirmation. However, I can say, personally, that I'm nearly certain the game will be coming Westward next year, if not this year. Just keep your ears open and watch this space for more info as it comes.
Q: I don't want to wait for a localization, but I don't have a Japanese 3DS! Is there anything I can do?
A: This thread may be of interest to you.
Q: How friendly is the game to people who don't understand Japanese?
A: Based on previous games in the series, it should be very friendly, though it may take some fumbling around in practice to figure out the instructions for each game. Still, plenty of people here should be happy to help should you need assistance translating anything. Hopefully, I can post some translated resources once we have menus and whatnot available.
Q: Does this game use touch control like the DS game?
A: Nope, not at all. Everything is controlled with buttons, including the returning games from Rhythm Heaven DS.
Q: Which games from previous versions are returning?
A: Here's a list of all that have been shown thus far. I'll try to keep it updated once the game releases.
Q: Whoa, this returning game has new music, what gives? Where's the old track?
A: Patience, friend! All returning games have their original music. Just keep playing.
Q: I've played, like, a million games, but haven't found a single remix! What gives?
A; Keep playing!