• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+ |Import OT| The music plays on and on

Marchers is back.
I don't know how I feel about that. Decent choice.
A to march, B to stop it seems.

Edit: Oh good, you have to press left and right. Hopefully I can pick up the que since no speakee japanesee.

Miker

Marchers is back.

Edit: Oh good, you have to press left and right. Hopefully I can pick up the que since no speakee japanesee.

That one was a nightmare. Couldn't stay on beat while listening for the left and right cues. Is it the only minigame that requires more than two buttons, or are there others?

Kinsei

Banned
Marchers is back.

It's not too hard.

That one was a nightmare. Couldn't stay on beat while listening for the left and right cues. Is it the only minigame that requires more than two buttons, or are there others?

There were a few in the GBA game that used the D-Pad. I'd be surprised if the marching one is the only one of them that returns.

So far it is the only one with more than two buttons.
I assume Remix 11-12 might have more than two buttons required.

Edit: Sad Bear is really depressing...
Edit 2: He was dreaming about being dumped, guy has issues!

The better sound quality of the 3DS really helps the GBA games. You can hear the cues better.

Edit: Lockstep, my nemesis! At least the visual indicator of how you are messing up helps.

Toad.T

Banned
Random, but I thought of the perfect name for the US release:

Now That's What I Call Rhythm Heaven.

Gets the point across of it being mostly a compilation.

Is it generally agreed upon that nobody liked the touch controls in the DS game? Cause I love them. I'm kinda bummed they didn't go with the touch controls for the old DS levels and any new ones specifically foe the 3DS.

Still hype as fuck though. Rhythm Heaven is an absolutely amazing series and I am holding out all hope that this is localized.

javadoze

Random, but I thought of the perfect name for the US release:

Now That's What I Call Rhythm Heaven.

Gets the point across of it being mostly a compilation.

I was thinking Rhythm Heaven Forever, but that's way better.

...Also (putting this in spoilers because I don't know if it was confirmed in trailers...)

SPACE DANCE IS BACKKKK!!!

PASS IT DOWN!

P-P-P-PUNCH!

They gave monkeys glow sticks for a concert.
This game has charm pouring from it.

Edit: Since Monkey Watch was confirmed and I have not seen it yet that must mean there must be a dungeon after this one...

Edit 2: Muscle Doll 2. T-T

Is it generally agreed upon that nobody liked the touch controls in the DS game? Cause I love them. I'm kinda bummed they didn't go with the touch controls for the old DS levels and any new ones specifically foe the 3DS.

I like 'em.

But I'm also kinda glad they're not here because my white XL is so pretty and I don't want to scratch up its touch screen, lol

Edit: Since Monkey Watch was confirmed and I have not seen it yet that must mean there must be a dungeon after this one...

Here's the list I collected before release. See how many haven't shown up yet and you might get an idea of how far we have to go.

They gave monkeys glow sticks for a concert.
This game has charm pouring from it.

Moai de Woop is supposed to be in as well, I think.

Did we see Baseball, Flockstep and Exhibiton Match actually? I came in late

Moai de Woop is supposed to be in as well, I think.

Did we see Baseball, Flockstep and Exhibiton Match actually? I came in late

I think so. Moai de Woop has not appeared yet.
Plus many seconds have not appeared yet, so I figured there is going to be a dungeon afterwards.

Edit: Jungle Swing looks brutal, holy crap!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cheer Readers returns? Yaaaaay.

Eeeh, I didn't mind them for the most part. Though "flicking" & "shaking" could be rather hit or miss at times (so many damn times I'd miss a Perfect on Remix 10 because of the chameleons....).

Edit: Bleh, Moai de Woop might return? I don't hate it as much as others, but I could NEVER get a Perfect on the 2nd version of the song.

Remix 7 (Left) starts using different games as an FYI.

Edit: Sad Bear makes me depressed...
Also I am reading the translator right the game doesn't classify the Forest Remix as a Remix in the game. So I guess you can call it Remix 0.

Cheer Readers returns? Yaaaaay.

Eeeh, I didn't mind them for the most part. Though "flicking" & "shaking" could be rather hit or miss at times (so many damn times I'd miss a Perfect on Remix 10 because of the chameleons....).

Edit: Bleh, Moai de Woop might return? I don't hate it as much as others, but I could NEVER get a Perfect on the 2nd version of the song.

Yeah the chameleons one was what gave me the most trouble. And Maoi doo Wop is hilarious but so goddamn hard.

Top Bottom