• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+ |Import OT| The music plays on and on

Yeah, I am overall fond of the new stuff I seen.
Intergalactic Translator and Sumo Brothers have to be my favorites.

Edit: I was off earlier. The video I posted earlier had Remix 2-4.
Remix 1 is Barber technically.

I hope See Saw returns.
Maybe, the guy I am watching hasn't gotten to post-game yet.
This game is different in that you get the 2nd games before finishing the main game. The remixes are based on the 2nd version.
First round has about 20 games so far.

just checking back in on things now, not watching any videos but

Maybe, the guy I am watching hasn't gotten to post-game yet.
This game is different in that you get the 2nd games before finishing the main game. The remixes are based on the 2nd version.
First round has about 20 games so far.

what the heck. weeeeird

What do you mean the remixes are based on the second version, though? I would imagine we're not up to the final, cumulative remix (god I hope we get an enormous monstrosity of a final remix), and previous remixes don't typically include parts of stage songs.

What do you mean the remixes are based on the second version, though? I would imagine we're not up to the final, cumulative remix (god I hope we get an enormous monstrosity of a final remix), and previous remixes don't typically include parts of stage songs.
I assume since you don't get to the remix until "Return of" that the difficulty is based on the 2nd version instead of the first. Because of this, the remixes are harder overall I think since you can play all the mini-games of a set without beating the remixes first.
Now whether how many sets there are has yet to be seen. I assume the next remixes will be based on not yet seen mini-games since we have yet seen Pajama Party and he is almost completed this set.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't get how Glee Club handles the yell now. I know holding A shuts your trap, but how does one scream?

Masked Man

I said wow
Yodobashi shipped my copy, so it should arrive tomorrow morning! Can't wait!
AU7Amsc.gif

I assume since you don't get to the remix until "Return of" that the difficulty is based on the 2nd version instead of the first. Because of this, the remixes are harder overall I think since you can play all the mini-games of a set without beating the remixes first.
Now whether how many sets there are has yet to be seen. I assume the next remixes will be based on not yet seen mini-games since we have yet seen Pajama Party and he is almost completed this set.

okay lemme try to put this together based on what I know

Each "world" has 3 rooms with 4 games each (the original versions). Then there's a final room with the gatekeepers. Each of the 3 gatekeepers has a classic-style Rhythm Heaven column of 4 games and a remix. These games are the same as previously played in this world, but new versions all tied in to a single overarching theme with new music.

Is that about right?

okay lemme try to put this together based on what I know

Each "world" has 3 rooms with 4 games each (the original versions). Then there's a final room with the gatekeepers. Each of the 3 gatekeepers has a classic-style Rhythm Heaven column of 4 games and a remix. These games are the same as previously played in this world, but new versions all tied in to a single overarching theme with new music.

Is that about right?

I think you are right, but it is 4 rooms since 4 remix towers. The dungeon is where you will encounter the 1st stage.
The towers are simply the games you encountered, but the harder version (or 2nd if you want to call it that). The remixes are based on the stuff you play on each tower.
I assume that the twist will be
he ascends, but not to his home. You encounter another dungeon + 4 towers which is world 2 I guess.

Edit: Oh, they give you remix towers that have new game content. Two of them.
Huh...
Rat Race is back YES!!! Also Pop Idol as well I guess...

Double Edit: I think I figured it out. There is 12 towers total and 4 of them are never dungeon games.

I think you are right, but it is 4 rooms since 4 remix towers. The dungeon is where you will encounter the 1st stage.
The towers are simply the games you encountered, but the harder version (or 2nd if you want to call it that). The remixes are based on the stuff you play on each tower.
I assume that the twist will be
he ascends, but not to his home. You encounter another dungeon + 4 towers which is world 2 I guess.

Edit: Oh, they give you remix towers that have new game content. Two of them.
Huh...

Double Edit: Rat Race is back YES!!! Also Pop Idol as well I guess...

No, no, it's "I suppose!", silly.

And uhhhhh I guess I'll just figure all this out once I get to play the game in a couple hours, lol

No, no, it's "I suppose!", silly.

And uhhhhh I guess I'll just figure all this out once I get to play the game in a couple hours, lol
Heh, two towers having new games threw me off.
I am going to assume these games never show up in the dungeon portion, so those remixes are the only ones based on the 1st version.

that dough game is back

FUUUUUUUUCK
I had that reaction at Badminton. I fear for having to play the 2nd version to get into a new world/set.

Zeeman

Oh man, the DS games being button-based now means I might actually be able to do them properly. I was terrible at the flick.

Ok, I am feeling the "Swinging in the Air" game.
You star as the monkey and have to swing on elephants/giraffes.

Edit: Wow, no wonder they are having two remixes be based on the 1st version of these games. The swinging game with no spotlights seems hard. The 2nd version remix is probably going to murder me.

Edit: Remix 5 - Doughnut, Remix 6 - Egg

Seems like we're up to stuff I didn't know about from previews. Knew all the games we've seen so far were in, but I had no idea about
Working Dough and this new trapeze one.

i peeked into the stream i've lost my restraint

Tap Dance is back, I am terrible at that one! :(
Edit: However Ribbit Dance is back. Seems spin was replaced by the B button. Seems B is just now being used on Remix 6.

Double Edit: Anyone hoping if they translate it if the songs will get updated, the JPN version uses the same music so I don't think it is happening if localized.

good

SPEEN IT BOYZ must live

I can see them changing the songs in the localization but not the JP version, though. The JP vocal songs are all performed by people under Tsunku's label (or Tsunku himself, lol) whereas the English ones are by whoever and sometimes of questionable quality (sometimes being the two idol songs in DS). We'll see.

good

SPEEN IT BOYZ must live
Yeah, they edited Chorus Boys to use only one prompt, but kept Ribbit Dance needing two. I guess the difficulty curve will be only needing only one button for the first remixes.

Edit: Remix 6 Tower seems to be the best so far. Tap Dance, Ribbit Dance, and Wrestler so far.

TIKITIKITIKI DESU KA
I was smiling like a doofus when I first played Wrestler.
I think I will still have the same feeling this time around.

So far I am liking the picks from the old games, but I want Bon Odori and Built to Scale to be in the pool.

Edit: Dance Hall is interesting I see.
There seems to always be a pattern when new games are shown, 3 are from older ones and 1 new per branch.

I was smiling like a doofus when I first played Wrestler.
I think I will still have the same feeling this time around.

So far I am liking the picks from the old games, but I want Bon Odori and Built to Scale to be in the pool.
Yeah those two are crucial. Also hoping for Munchy Monk, DJ School and Rap Men/Women.

Munchy Monk is in. I'd love to see Bon Odori and Rap
Wo
Men, as they're two of my favorites from Tengoku, but I'm skeptical. Would be great to see them localized, but I can also see them not included for just that reason.

Come to the west prease
I will easily double dip for a western release to enjoy the story.

Remix 6 (Egg) might be my favorite in any of the games.

Edit: 60 for Pass, 80 for Medal. I guess 100 is needed for Perfect?
Perfect seems really hard this time around.

Edit 2: Seems the first 6 remix towers are indeed pre-game. Next 6 must be post-game.
Wonder if they give you a post-game dungeon?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
disappointed to hear that they took away touch screen controls, but looking forward to them announcing this during e3.

Yep you get a heaven version of a dungeon. So I was right in that 4 towers having mini-games that are never in dungeons. Yay! (Actually it may be 6 since I forgot to count the middle one).

Is the game only 30 fps? GameExplain posted three videos which were encoded at 60 fps but show the game only running at 30. Consider my interest in the game null and void if it's only 30.
It's a rhythm game!

rjc571

Banned
Is the game only 30 fps? GameExplain posted three videos which were encoded at 60 fps but show the game only running at 30. Consider my interest in the game null and void if it's only 30.

EDIT: False alarm, GameExplain apparently doesn't have 60 fps capture capabilities for their 3DS but decided to encode their videos at 60 fps anyway just to confuse people. It's 60 fps.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Nice OP!

I need this in my life, so I hope a localized version is released soon-ish.

Top Bottom