• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rian Johnson Confirms Knives Out's Benoit Blanc Is Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gp1

harrison-ford-who-gives-a-shit.gif

about what RJ says?

John Bilbo

I'd agree with that. Uncut Gems was slightly better, but much like Knives Out, the amount of praise it got on the internet baffled me.
If I recall correctly the praise Uncut Gems got was related to the performance of Adam Sandler. Knives Out on the other hand got praised for the cleverness of its script I think 🤔

I think Adam Sandler fit the role in Uncut Gems quite well, but I didn't find the script of Knives Out that clever.

plushyp

Great movie, but...why was this thread-worthy? I don't get it. And obviously, I don't seem to be alone in that.
Thread is about the second movie Glass Onion and how the director reveals some of the personal life of the main character. Knives Out in the title refers to the franchise, not the first film.

GeekyDad

Man, that's bleak, I couldn't even slot it in my top 10 of that year, let alone "recent years". And I liked the movie plenty, but all I got from it was a decent standard detective procedural.

Same here. I saw it and was mostly bored and when it was over, my reaction was "That was it? That's what all those film school dropout nerds on the internet were going crazy over?" I had pretty much the same reaction to Uncut Gems.
I don't know, guys. I can't help feeling like you missed the forest for the trees. It didn't seem like it was meant to be a great mystery, just funny, entertaining and very well polished. I loved it. For what it was.

Thread is about the second movie Glass Onion and how the director reveals some of the personal life of the main character. Knives Out in the title refers to the franchise, not the first film.
Well, unless it's an integral part of the story, why, still, would it matter? And if it is integral, then that's really NOT cool -- I call spoilers on that shit!

I don't know, guys. I can't help feeling like you missed the forest for the trees. It didn't seem like it was meant to be a great mystery, just funny, entertaining and very well polished. I loved it. For what it was.

I think for me, it was a victim of internet overhype. The number of people praising it as though it was going to change cinema and talking about how Rian Johnson was some sort of modern film hero was what finally convinced me to watch it and at the end I was just like "Uh, okay, sure, whatever." Same as Uncut Gems. They weren't bad necessarily, but I don't understand why people online treated them like they were mandatory viewing.

Sybrix

Good news.

I wanna see him strapped up in a leather strap in an Amsterdam torture garden with 15 rent boys jizzing on him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom