• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridiculous idle/portrait animations.

i need more cammy gif
i'm mesmerized by her somewhat non clipping hair

giphy.gif

convo

Nothing comes close to a character named Scorpion SIK who i have no idea which game he comes from and i have only seen him in this mugen tournament.His walking animation is equally if not more ridiculous if you see him fight.
This is his actual idle stance.
Anybody got a clue where he's from?

Nothing comes close to a character named Scorpion SIK who i have no idea which game he comes from and i have only seen him in this mugen tournament.His walking animation is equally if not more ridiculous if you see him fight.

Well, he does his name justice at least.
Don't know where he's from though. He could actually be an OG character for use in MUGEN. He probably isn't though.

Nothing comes close to a character named Scorpion SIK who i have no idea which game he comes from

Scorpion there is from an arcade fighter called Martial Masters. It never released on any home platform. Every single character in the game represents a particular fighting style, and a lot of the characters have ridiculous animations. Look up Crane from that game.

I do agree, however in that Scorpion's idle animation is ridiculous. What kind of fighting style is that?

Well, he does his name justice at least.
Don't know where he's from though. He could actually be an OG character for use in MUGEN. He probably isn't though.

Martial Masters.

tumblr_m9no4kvLc21ryzydwo1_250.gif
tumblr_m9no4kvLc21ryzydwo3_100.gif
tumblr_m9no4kvLc21ryzydwo5_250.gif
tumblr_m9no4kvLc21ryzydwo2_250.gif
tumblr_m9no4kvLc21ryzydwo4_100.gif

Martial Masters has the goofiest idle animations and I love it.

Scorpion there is from an arcade fighter called Martial Masters. It never released on any home platform. Every single character in the game represents a particular fighting style, and a lot of the characters have ridiculous animations. Look up Crane from that game.

I do agree, however in that Scorpion's idle animation is ridiculous. What kind of fighting style is that?

It's.right in his name: Scorpian style.

convo

Thank you so much!

Shin-Ra

I suppose a fish out of water flaps around like crazy and if you held its tail still, the rest of its body would flap around so James Pond kinda makes sense.

Azzawon

How are these ridiculous? I thought ridiculous means something absurd.

Just completely random things, but fun at the same time!

I'd love to know how the people making these games thought "I know! Let's make Crash pull out a yo-yo if the player doesn't move for a while." That's the bit I find ridiculous haha!

Whaleman

Neo Member

Cleve

Haha, the rubick one is great, rubick is crazy.

The dark seer one isn't bad either, I just wish he had a pointier head.

Generally I love crazy idle animations, and despite a few mentions I thought this really was going to be SF3 the thread.

B3il

Cammy.gif is amazing. Love the way her pigtails pass around her legs, and cast a shadow as they go.

SomTervo

npc_dota_hero_rubick.gif

This truly killed me.

Absolutely horrible isn't it. I don't think the other two are that bad but wtf

tumblr_ns3irkvceY1tlc1q4o1_250.gif

Cammy's idle animation in SF5 is just bizarre.

Bizarrely hot?

From my meagre martial arts experience, I think that's a pretty legit Wing Chun stance opener.

Just looks extra sexy when a woman's wearing practically nothing, obviously.

Edit: the two-hand crotch thrust is actually a sexual assault protection. Basically breaking someone's hands away from your hips or crotch. It's one of the first moves in Wing Chun's first set. Wing Chun was designed for women's self-defence originally, so all the moves are about keeping intimate attackers away

SomTervo

Best part of the game
Medium.gif

Daniel also has some amazing idle animations, he actually has the most in the game (4 I believe)

Omg Daniel Fortesque just made up for everything wrong with some of the other animations

Also holy shit I remembered his name perfectly even after having not played MediEvil for about 15 years

Haha, holy fuck.

portrait_invoker.gif

That is so fucking distracting.

portrait_techies.gif

And just terrible design overall going on here. Took me 10 seconds to decipher what the image actually contained.

second one is from warcraft 3 tbh
first is I think linked to a cosmetic, it's not as messy in game

Ithil

You all know those games where you see a little portrait of you char. And you all know those animations that look like an earthquake is undergoing or the character has some kind of seizure.

Yes, I'm looking at you DOTA 2. It's horrible. I can not stand watching those intense movements while the char is doing nothing... >_>

npc_dota_hero_dark_seer.gif

He's doing that Vegeta gif.

Top Bottom