• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP THQ/Toy Head-Quarters (1989-2013)

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Tragic.

Looking at the few console games I haven't sold: Darksiders series and Space Marine are among them. And I spent well over two hundred hours with the Dawn of War series.

I'll cherish them.

Into

RIP THQ

Thank you for publishing WCW/nWo World Tour, WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWF No Mercy

GQman2121

Banned
Red Faction was a shooter way ahead of the curve. And the world has yet to see a better wrestling series than the four games they published on the Nintendo 64.

Blablurn

Looking back I didnt play many THQ games :(

But I hope those guys will find new jobs quickly. They really went through some big shit. Really sorry for them :( I hope they can recover.

Pooya

Haven't played many games published by them, but I really like two in particular from them, Company of Heroes and Red Faction Guerrilla, both quite revolutionary at their time, unlike anything else.

RIP, hope the developers land somewhere that can produce same quality, somewhat risky titles that THQ let them and invested in.

Lulubop

Loved your wrestling stuff before this gen, and PC stuff this gen. Thanks.

I wonder where the WWE licence will go.

jett

D-Member
They were really terrible before this generation, but they did try to turn things around with quality games and new IPs, only to bite them in the ass. Tragic, really. It's a shame.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Thanks for giving me my start in the industry THQ =(

They had a ton going for them and lots of really solid titles... it really looked like things may turn around, but they were just too deep in a hole they couldn't climb back out of.

Sad day for the gaming.

That's what THQ stood for?! I never knew either, but I pour one out for 'em.

Brought me some good games these last few years, even though they tormented me in the early aughts when Video and Arcade Top 10 was nothing but shitty THQ licensed cartoon games.

It's become pretty clear in the other thread that it's now over.

Let us remember the company fondly for the many great games and many great risks they were willing to take in their final days.

On behalf of my girlfriend I'd like to simultaneously extend her thanks for making de Blob and de Blob 2, and a huge fuck you to THQ for shutting down the developers and killing the franchise. But mostly thanks for even making them.

Personally I'll remember THQ for the countless hours me and my mate dug tunnels in MP on Red Faction PS2, and for publishing Conkers Bad Fur Day in Europe.

slit

I really liked a lot of THQ's output.

They were different, they were special. *cues funeral organ* *cries*

Seriously though, thank you for all your efforts.

Nairume

Banned
Thanks for the greatest wrestling games THQ.

NoMercyGameBox.jpg

!!e!T9EgBmM~$(KGrHqYOKiYE0FRrFU7kBNP2nUz!m!~~_35.JPG

WCWVSnWo.jpg

Never forget :(

JaxJag

Banned
THQ started becoming one of my favorite publishers over the past few years. Darksiders, Company of Heroes, Warhammer, Saints Row, Space Marine, UFC games, WWE All-Stars, I even liked Homefront's multiplayer quite a bit.

Sad to see them go.

Sounds grim, but now might be the right time to pick up WWE 13. There was a period of time where I bought it every year but eventually found it ridiculous that they expected me to re-unlock everything and re-create all my CAWs every year.

Does anyone know if they ran their own Xbox Live servers or if MS runs them? Wonder how long those WWE 13 ones will be running.

This is just depressing. I played a lot of their games, from the top of my head I remember Full Spectrum Warrior, Metro, Company of Heroes, Red Faction, Stalker SOC, the Warhammer saga among many others. They weren't perfect, but somehow you could tell that people actually cared about every single project, I've never seen them as another Activision or EA, they were pretty different. Maybe some games just needed a couple of extra months, but otherwise they were usually pretty good.

I hope that everybody involved in this come out okay in a way or another. RIP THQ :(

Top Bottom