• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIP THQ/Toy Head-Quarters (1989-2013)

jgkspsx

Terrible loss for gaming. That leaves... Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo, and to a lesser extent Microsoft as the defenders of gaming innovation among the majors. A bad situation to be in.

It still feels weird that THQ is gone I loved some of the games they published and I hope the companies that bought their IP's treat them with respect and don't try to make any changes that affect the overall quality.

MC Safety

I have now done work for three defunct game companies: THQ, Planet Moon, and Acclaim.

I'll miss Planet Moon the most. THQ is a very close second.

So does anyone know if this will affect the DLC out for the current games, specifically WWE 13?

I would hate for the season pass to be pulled before I could purchase it.

Bluth54

What is going to happen to THQ games on Steam? Is there a chance they will be removed and I won't be able to download them ever again?

Even if Valve removes a game for sale from Steam you can still download it if you own it. Dragon Age 2 is no longer on Steam but I can still download it since I bought it.

Just curious, does this mean that all the servers will go offline for THQ games the 360 and PS3? Or does it depend on if the developer is still alive?

Eusis

What is going to happen to THQ games on Steam? Is there a chance they will be removed and I won't be able to download them ever again?

anything you own you own
I also imagine it's probable that any games that get their issues sorted out will still be there, just under a different name. Relic for example I don't expect to have pulled, just put under Sega, some of that Total War stuff may've had the same treatment if the likes of Rome: Total War came to Steam or were just retail releases, as I know that was originally Activision but is now Sega published.

IrishNinja

so sad - i was just making cases for some old SNES titles and saw their name on so many i'd forgotten they had: Pit Fighter, Ren & Stimpy, Family Dog, i wanna say Jurassic Park snes i wanna say? Punisher on PS2, countless WWF titles, even 50 Cent: BOS was one of my favorite 360 titles...you guys will be missed.

Cwarrior

R.i.p Thq You had a lot balls till the very end for publishing stuff like Deadly Creatures, de Blob, Darksiders and others in a shooter world.

199288_28093_front.jpg

Thank you for everything.

skarabrae

Banned
I've decided to honor THQ's passing by posting the box art of the first and last THQ game I've played in my whole life. Just displaying these two things show me how far THQ's grown in their entire history as a company. Rest in peace THQ... you were just hitting your stride too.

Top Bottom