• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

robert downey JUNIOR is very insecure about his height

Status
Not open for further replies.
6'2 here. Women like the fact that I can protect them and am actually a man, not some less than average little kid pretending to be an adult. That's what this world needs; men, not boys. I have legs like tree trunks and arms like missiles. My height is for protecting women and making them feel safe. I guess if you're short you and your significant other can trade make up tips and talk about step ladders, as for me; I plan to continue being tall with a strong core and a face that reaches into the heavens. My eyes are the stars and my thoughts are the planets, lets explore the cosmos together.....

MORE.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
5'7 here, bf is 5'6. Go shorties! Most of the guys I find the hottest are around 5'9 or thereabouts.

VASPER

Banned
1. I don't blame him. Short men are discriminated against in every area of life for something they can't control.

2. He's a Hollywood actor and his entire career is based around his image and appearance.

He made 50 Mil off one movie, if i were making more than everyone else id be cool with being shorter.

VASPER

Banned
6'2 here. Women like the fact that I can protect them and am actually a man, not some less than average little kid pretending to be an adult. That's what this world needs; men, not boys. I have legs like tree trunks and arms like missiles. My height is for protecting women and making them feel safe. I guess if you're short you and your significant other can trade make up tips and talk about step ladders, as for me; I plan to continue being tall with a strong core and a face that reaches into the heavens. My eyes are the stars and my thoughts are the planets, lets explore the cosmos together.....

How about that ego is it as big? i gotta know.

Kazerei

Banned

*swoon*

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yeah, the bar scene can be pretty brutal for shorter guys. I saw a girl straight up tell my roommate "I don't dance with short guys." But it worked out, he played it cool and just said "Well...I have a tall friend for you" and introduced her to me. Took her back, and lights out. Short dudes and tall dudes working together. It can happen.

I have noticed that a lot of women are attracted to height. It's like an automatic in if you're dressed correct and tall.

Originally Posted by apesh1t

Romeo_Dev_280_765657a.jpg

This dude thinks otherwise. Look at that POWWAH!!

Seriously tho man I hope you're j/k 'cuz if not you're in for a rude awakening sooner or later.

Batigol

Banned

I read this in Hulk Hogan's voice

Meadows

Banned

Someone take this man's junior tag away

Batigol

Banned
wFrjDEJ.jpg

They are, in fact, the same exact person. He just has two personas so he can do more roles. Also, for tricking paparazzi

Btw, where does this idea come from that height correlates to fighting ability? Unless you are comparing significant height and weight differences between trained fighters, short guys are more than capable of dropping untrained guys that are taller.

In fact, if you are a dirty fighter, it makes it easier.

Yeah Statham isn't tall.

Still a badass though.

Think about it - the most badass people in the past century are on the shorter side. Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, Jason Statham....

:p

Those dudes are fucking actors. Let's talk real badass dudes: Ali, Jon Bones Jones, Mike Tyson, and Cain Velasquez are all over 5'9".

Aristion

Banned

You didn't mention your dick size.

Btw, where does this idea come from that height correlates to fighting ability? Unless you are comparing significant height and weight differences between trained fighters, short guys are more than capable of dropping untrained guys that are taller.

In fact, if you are a dirty fighter, it makes it easier.
Don't underestimate the significance of arm reach, there's a reason it's always noted in boxers' stats. Also, it's hard to wrestle a guy to the ground who has a much larger frame. But yes, I guess short guys are better able to hit genitals.

Jarmel

Banned
Holy fuck. It seems debatable that Bardem is shorter than 6 feet. I had him pegged as 6'3 or 6'4 minimum as I just saw No Country for Old Men.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just coming in to say ha ha, I'm 6'1 and A QUARTER! Aww yiss, feels so good.

;p

I can understand how guys 5'0" - 5'7" could feel "too short," only because it's - for better or worse - the first thing you notice. But any guy concerned about his height past 5'8" or so need not worry; I don't think people immediately see that as "short."

Showaddy

This shot of Kit Harington always cracks me up, even if it is a bit unfair on him. Gotta choose the ladies you stand next to more carefully.

tmvUX73.jpg

This shot of Kit Harington always cracks me up, even if it is a bit unfair on him. Gotta choose the ladies you stand next to more carefully.

tmvUX73.jpg

Sophie Turner is 5'9" according to Wikipedia. Gwendoline Christie is 6'3" according to IMDB. Kit is 5'10" according to Wikipedia.

Both women are wearing heels, something is still wrong.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Don't underestimate the significance of arm reach, there's a reason it's always noted in boxers' stats. Also, it's hard to wrestle a guy to the ground who has a much larger frame. But yes, I guess short guys are better able to hit genitals.
Sure, but then again there are weight classes instead of height classes for a reason.

I'm very surprised about Barden btw. Totally pegged him for a 6'1-6'2er.

Showaddy

Sophie Turner is 5'9" according to Wikipedia. Gwendoline Christie is 6'3" according to IMDB. Kit is 5'10" according to Wikipedia.

Both women are wearing heels, something is still wrong.

Since Sophie Turner's recent growth spurt she seems to tower over everyone in the latest GoT series bar Charles Dance. She's probably about 6ft now.

John Dunbar

correct about everything

while that does look funny, it would be nice to have some context. there was probably hundreds of photos taken of him at that event, and for whatever reason he stood like that for a second and then the photo was sent all over the place. i really doubt he was actually walking around on his toes the whole time.

Those dudes are fucking actors. Let's talk real badass dudes: Ali, Jon Bones Jones, Mike Tyson, and Cain Velasquez are all over 5'9".

Mike tyson is barely 5"8. In fact, most of the best PFP boxers in the world (Mayweather, pacquiao, Jones ) are under 5'9... proving his point.

The way I see it is this. As a short guy in any fight, expect to get hit. Alot. But if you are reasonably quick, powerful and and not afraid to take a few shots, you can handle yourself in any situation. They didn't call the dog scrappy for no reason. Obviously, when its two professionals fighting, this strategy is less effective as the man with the longer reach will pick the shorter guy off/Wait for that one killer blow. But most tall guys are not at a advantage because of height outside of intimidation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom