• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

robert downey JUNIOR is very insecure about his height

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless the shoes he's wearing in this pic have some serious heels, he's def not shorter than Craig.

Look at their feet and the line where the wall meets the floor. Bardem is slightly closer to the camera. In fact if you follow the line where the wall meets floor you can see that more of the floor is visible on the right side of the picture.

rMNlQyv.jpg

jYjS0jS.jpg

He's only a little bit short than Craig. Good chance they are both around 5'9 and lie about their height.

Chuckie

Non short men don't know what its like to be a short man in today's world. The shortest length of pants at most clitjubg stores is a 30, still too long for someone 5' 7" or 5' 8".

I'm 5'8" and 30 fits fine. They are just damn hard to find. I always end op buying 32 and have them cut.

commedieu

Banned
god cteates man.
man destroys God.
man creates Hollywood where everyone is short.
man pretends to be tall.
woman inherits the earth?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It's always weird to imagine celebrity height. From seeing them on tv and in films you always imagine them being so much taller. I'm 6'2" so I'm a good bit taller than most actors. I just can't imagine meeting someone like George Clooney and towering over him.

Kevin Hart came to my school about two years ago. That was an interesting experience..haha

Look at their feet and the line where the wall meets the floor. Bardem is slightly closer to the camera. In fact if you follow the line where the wall meets floor you can see that more of the floor is visible on the right side of the picture.

He's only a little bit short than Craig. Good chance they are both around 5'9 and lie about their height.

Got it, I see it now. You're right.

Wiktor

Lol. I'm pretty tall (183 cm), but yesterday I was passing a gorgeous girl and when I was right next to her I realized she's higher than me. I looked down..and ..damn..zero heels. She was on barefoot-like shoes...damn :D

Still would hit it. I think it would be interesting to go out with a girl higher than myself for once.

Chuckie

Lol. I'm pretty tall (183 cm), but yesterday I was passing a gorgeous girl and when I was right next to her I realized she's higher than me. I looked down..and ..damn..zero heels. She was on barefoot-like shoes...damn :D

Still would hit it. I think it would be interesting to go out with a girl higher than myself for once.

I'm 173 and used to date a 181 cm tall girl. It was all good.

Skeyser

Eh, looking at all of the evidence from the thread, I'd say he's somewhere between 5'7" and 5'10". All that really matters is that he's shorter than me, which is all I'm going to tell her.

pretty big difference between 5 7 and 5 10 lol

HiResDes

Get slim fit/skinny jeans. Any jean that is tapered.

I'm 5'5" and I wear 30 lengths just fine, but maybe my legs are unusually long for someone my height. I know my size 11 feet are. Also the past three girls that have been interested in me were all 2 to 4 inches taller, but this has only happened recently.

thefro

Wtf, did daniel radcliffe stop growing?

Most child actors look younger than their actual age when they're cast (older kid generally = better acting performance). So generally they end up being below-average height as adults as they were as kids.

Maybe Hollywood actors are short because directors are short too.
Composition.

If everyone is around the same height it is easier to frame the shots. If you watch MI4 you can see what happens when you don't pay attention to height. People shrink and grow from shot to shot.

Composition.

If everyone is around the same height it is easier to frame the shots. If you watch MI4 you can see what happens when you don't pay attention to height. People shrink and grow from shot to shot.

Argument collapses on itself when these actors are wearing heels on set (in regards to question, why so many leading men are short). It is true that it's easier to frame when there isn't huge disparities in height though.

That doesn't mean short actors allow for better composition. They actually end up demanding that some scenes be shot from angles that otherwise wouldn't.

Obviously this industry shouldn't work around a "you gotta be this tall to get in" rule. But it's funny anyway that they wear heels and elevator shoes.

Argument collapses on itself when these actors are wearing heels on set (in regards to question, why so many leading men are short). It is true that it's easier to frame when there isn't huge disparities in height though.

That doesn't mean short actors allow for better composition. They actually end up demanding that some scenes be shot from angles that otherwise wouldn't.

Obviously this industry shouldn't work around a "you gotta be this tall to get in" rule. But it's funny anyway that they wear heels and elevator shoes.

It's not an argument. Since dialogue is shot mostly at any shot above the waist there isn't any need for different angles. People like Chris Hemsworth are where you have to start worrying about angles because his height puts him over most actors and actresses.

Bebpo

Banned
People 5'7 or 5'8 complaining that 6 foot+ people don't understand their plights should think of what guy 5'3 or 5'4 think of 5'7 or 5'8 people ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom