• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

robert downey JUNIOR is very insecure about his height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenov

Reminds me of this:

http://www.arnoldheight.com/

dV4AdFA.jpg

wZrwjr2.jpg

XAJp5b8.jpg

omg I think that's the best website ever lol

lupinko

He's so pretty though!

And talented. Shh, it's okay RDJ. You can be be short! You could 5'0 and the rest of us would still be over here. Envious.

I am 5'8 does this mean I have no shot /cry

I find tall women to be very attractive.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
People 5'7 or 5'8 complaining that 6 foot+ people don't understand their plights should think of what guy 5'3 or 5'4 think of 5'7 or 5'8 people ;P

I'm quite content at 5'11" but it astounds me how so many of my 5'9" - 5'11" friends get super depressed over their height. They feel like you have to be 6'0" or bust. Hollywood has a shit ton of short actors but they all exaggerate their height or wear lifts and it just projects an unrealistic image of average heights on the mainstream public.

mjc

I'm quite content at 5'11" but it astounds me how so many of my 5'9" - 5'11" friends get super depressed over their height. They feel like you have to be 6'0" or bust. Hollywood has a shit ton of short actors but they all exaggerate their height or wear lifts and it just projects an unrealistic image of average heights on the mainstream public.

Yeah I'm 5'10" and I have friends who are slightly taller than me who freak out over their height. Get outttttta here. Anything about 5'7" or higher is "normal" in my book. Not that guy shorter than that is weird or anything.

It's not an argument. Since dialogue is shot mostly at any shot above the waist there isn't any need for different angles. People like Chris Hemsworth are where you have to start worrying about angles because his height puts him over most actors and actresses.

That doesn't address why an actor who is shorter than his co-actors, is better for shot composition. Usually you either physically make them taller, or you shoot from a lower vantage point in order to make the actor look taller.

I wasn't saying that towering over other actors makes it easier, although in certain situations it helps to convey the idea of a stronger physical presence if that's what you want from the character.

That doesn't address why an actor who is shorter than his co-actors, is better for shot composition. Usually you either physically make them taller, or you shoot from a lower vantage point in order to make the actor look taller.

I wasn't saying that towering over other actors makes it easier.

You can add height to a short actor. You can't take away height from a tall person. So if something is off in the frame you have them on heels or a box. So that they can balance out the picture. If you look at film the eyes are usually 3/4 up in the frame (close-ups are different kind of). So shorter people means easier to adjust.

What's with GAF's fascination with men's height these days... Barely reaching 5'7... This shit is starting to depress me, stop brining attention to it, I don't need any more insecurities.

You can add height to a short actor. You can't take away height from a tall person. So if something is off in the frame you have them on heels or a box. So that they can balance out the picture. If you look at film the eyes are usually 3/4 up in the frame (close-ups are different kind of). So shorter people means easier to adjust.

But you lose proportions. Which is why then you have Tom Cruise being taller than a taller than him co-actress, his proportions sometimes don't fit. Also, you could always get the other actor to wear heels.

Besides symmetry isn't essential to convey a scene, but yes.... it's easier to frame two actor's talking to each other if there isn't a huge height disparity.

That isn't the reason why there's so many short leading men though.

Fuck, Jason Statham is only 5"10?

My mind is blown by this news.

Dunno about Statham but that chart is definitely off.

Anyway heels are an easy way to keep actors at about the same eye level. If the actors were not moving, as in some classic scenes, they'd just have split floors so they were in fact taller than the dames or eye level with other men.

crozier

Yeah I'm 5'10" and I have friends who are slightly taller than me who freak out over their height. Get outttttta here. Anything about 5'7" or higher is "normal" in my book. Not that guy shorter than that is weird or anything.
"Normal" is whatever women decide it is. Doesn't matter what men think. Either women accept you or reject you based on your height.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
What's with GAF's fascination with men's height these days... Barely reaching 5'7... This shit is starting to depress me, stop brining attention to it, I don't need any more insecurities.
Seriously.

Their fascination with men having to have built legs is also aggravating.

Stop making me feel like less of a man, GAF. You assholes.

apesh1t

Banned
6'2 here. Women like the fact that I can protect them and am actually a man, not some less than average little kid pretending to be an adult. That's what this world needs; men, not boys. I have legs like tree trunks and arms like missiles. My height is for protecting women and making them feel safe. I guess if you're short you and your significant other can trade make up tips and talk about step ladders, as for me; I plan to continue being tall with a strong core and a face that reaches into the heavens. My eyes are the stars and my thoughts are the planets, lets explore the cosmos together.....

Malfunky

I'm just scratching 5'9" and one of the tallest people in my family. I feel your pain, Robert.

I also tend to go for girls of a certain height(5'5" or taller, I guess), so when they wear heels there's a chance they'll be taller. So I always wear boots when I'm trying to dress to impress. They generally have thicker heels. If women can do it, why can't I?

I wish I didn't care. I know I shouldn't. In fact, I know it's not a "bad" height at all. Nobody ever comments on it, save for my ex-girlfriend. It's just that, I know women tend to prefer taller partners. I don't blame them. Like I said, I go for a certain height in women.

But dude, RDJ is one of the most handsome guys in Hollywood. I've always known he wears lifts, but I didn't know they were THAT bad.

.. where can I get some?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom