• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Forster has died.

C4lukin2

Banned
I need to do some research. The most immediate thing you would know him from is El Camino. But he has a vast career of being an awesome actor. Just give me a minute to research his career.

In Breaking Bad he is the guy who provides Sal and Mr. White with the ability to escape.

He was also the, I guess sheriff or whatever in Me Myself and Irene. And a major character in Jackie Brown.

But that is just his modern shit.

Last edited:

C4lukin2

Banned
I need to do some research. The most immediate thing you would know him from is El Camino. But he has a vast career of being an awesome actor. Just give me a minute to research his career.

In Breaking Bad he is the guy who provides Sal and Mr. White with the ability to escape.

He was also the, I guess sheriff or whatever in Me Myself and Irene. And a major character in Jackie Brown.

But that is just his modern shit.

C4lukin2

Banned
Nice thread OP... This might sound crazy, but do some research before making a post?

anyway RIP.

Well feel free to fill in the blanks. I was not alive for his earlier career. And if anyone wants to make a more a comprehensive op, please do.

I can only speak for his more modern career, It I am aware that he was a big deal before people such as Tarantino brought him back into limelight.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

Gargus

Banned
I first saw him in delta force as a kid. He never was a amazing actor but he always melded into the movie and was was a just part it without ever standing out as being bad or terrific, it was like he just belonged there.

Although my favorite part of his was Jackie brown. Tarantino has always elevated actors in his movies.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
RIP he was a helluvan actor. loved him in Twin Peaks.

MV5BMjZiMjdiMjktY2I2Ny00N2UyLTgwYWQtMmI0Yzg2YjMzN2YzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc5Mjg0NjU@._V1_.jpg

dan76

Medium Cool, The Black Hole, Jackie Brown, Twin Peaks and many others. shame his career didn't fly after Jackie Brown, though he was on of those actors who cropped up I never loads of things.

he's definitely one of those "it's that guy from that thing!" actors where you immediately recognize him but can't put your finger on what. beyond breaking bad and jackie brown, I had to consult his IMDB page, which supports that:

he looked old as hell in el camino

Kadayi

Banned
Damn, that's a shame. I really liked him in whatever I've seen him in. Most recently Twin Peaks the return where he played the Sheriff. I think he had the slightly lived in stoic look to him thats sort of reminiscent of actors from yesteryear like Charles Bronson & Lee Marvin.

Amory

So weird. I randomly decided LAST NIGHT to watch Jackie Brown for the first time and this dude was maybe my favorite character and then this morning he kicks the bucket

Rip

Top Bottom