• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City - Pre-order Bonus Revealed

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Not really. I'd go back to play Robocop on the Amstrad from time to time. My first step into gaming was The Hollywood Collection by Ocean. Batman The Movie, Robocop, Ghostbusters II and Indiana Jones and the last crusade. Finished them all except Indiana Jones. Disc was fucked as it would only play the first level and get stuck. Grab the Cross and escape. No top of the train for me. I loved Robocop as a kid and was very fortunate that I got to see it several times in primary school. It stuck with me. I never saw the Robocop v Terminator until it was too late and couldn't find a copy then. I played it a few times but nothing beats the Amstrad version for me.

I need to look up what an Amstrad is. Im assuming you're British since you used the term "primary school." :messenger_beaming:

0neAnd0nly

Why is this game looking better every time I see it?

I’m not sure I am in day 1, but I might end up on it at some point…

Reactions: Isa

VulcanRaven

I want the flamethrower arm from RoboCop 3:

Robocop_3-651053419-large.jpg

Last edited:

Scotty W

Not really. I'd go back to play Robocop on the Amstrad from time to time. My first step into gaming was The Hollywood Collection by Ocean. Batman The Movie, Robocop, Ghostbusters II and Indiana Jones and the last crusade. Finished them all except Indiana Jones. Disc was fucked as it would only play the first level and get stuck. Grab the Cross and escape. No top of the train for me. I loved Robocop as a kid and was very fortunate that I got to see it several times in primary school. It stuck with me. I never saw the Robocop v Terminator until it was too late and couldn't find a copy then. I played it a few times but nothing beats the Amstrad version for me.
If I were you, I’d steer clear of this franchise, Dick.

NSFL

Isa

I think I'm day 1 for this. I really enjoyed my time with Terminator and this looks like a step up for sure. They may be B-A tier but that just shows the effort put in despite the limited budget. Plus Robocop is a classic.
Burgess Meredith Meme GIF

I'm actually very excited for this game--it really looks like they poured a ton of love into the source material.

I'm okay with it not being perfect. We all have games that we consider favorites, even in yesteryear that maybe weren't the 10/10s everybody knows.

I just want to know if they'll do more with his human side. That was the dynamic I liked most of the original film.

WorldHero

Probably showing my age here but I'm a huge Robo fan and a huge Robo video game fan. This looks insane. I was against pre-orders but I feel obligated to support the devs and their efforts here :pie_zipper:

Top Robo Games:
Robocop Arcade
Robocop 2 Arcade
Robocop NES
Robocop Gameboy
Robocop Vs Terminator Genesis

Toots

Gold Member
You would be the only one. 😄 flying robo was a farce.
Arrested Development Tobias GIF

(he's pointing at flying robocop at the end of the gif btw)

(Also i get that you use the word "farce", but it was litteraly one of the two word to describe Paul Verhoeven's grand-guignolesque style imo. Farce and horror. And politics of course. Take this formula and crank it up to 11 and you get a Verhoeven flick.

Grand-Guignol-L%27homme_qui_a_tu%C3%A9_la_mort-1928.jpg

"The man who killed death" with the kind of gory visual Verhoeven would not disown.
On the wiki page :
In a typical Grand Guignol performance patrons would see five or six short plays, all in a style that attempted to be brutally true to the theatre's naturalistic ideals. The most popular and best-known were the horror plays, which featured a distinctly bleak worldview and gory special effects, particularly in their climaxes. The horrors depicted at Grand Guignol were generally not supernatural; rather these plays often explored altered states like insanity, hypnosis, or panic. To heighten the effect, the horror plays were often alternated with comedies, a lineup referred to as "hot and cold showers.")

Reactions: Isa
Demo is live on Steam.

I downloaded this and then went to give it a try today, got a "no licenses" error, and I see the demo isn't on the Steam store page anymore... what kind of shit is that? I didn't notice any "limited time" text when I downloaded it... and even so why call it a "demo" instead of a beta or something that implies that it's limited.

Do they not think having the demo available the week before release might be a good idea to sell the fucking thing?

I haven't been this confused since people randomly started describing frame drops/stutter as "lag" all at the same time.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I downloaded this and then went to give it a try today, got a "no licenses" error, and I see the demo isn't on the Steam store page anymore... what kind of shit is that? I didn't notice any "limited time" text when I downloaded it... and even so why call it a "demo" instead of a beta or something that implies that it's limited.

Do they not think having the demo available the week before release might be a good idea to sell the fucking thing?

I haven't been this confused since people randomly started describing frame drops/stutter as "lag" all at the same time.
It was only available during the Steam Next Fest I believe. I don't think it's a major issue, maybe just an oversight by the dev, small studio and all.

It was only available during the Steam Next Fest I believe. I don't think it's a major issue, maybe just an oversight by the dev, small studio and all.
Yeah, I see now there was an entry in the Event/Announcements section saying as much. Didn't even know "Steam Next Fest" was a thing... Just frustrating because if it was remotely decent in the demo I was going to throw them a pre-order.

I've never used the refunds on Steam, maybe I'll grab it, give it a chance for an hour, and hit the refund if I don't like it.

NikuNashi

Mate, the first game I ever bought with my own money was Robocop on the amstrad cpc6128k. They had the arcade in the games shop and I played it and the giant ED-209 came on screen and I knew I had to have it. Was gutted though as he was tiny on the Amstrad version if memory serves me well. I also grew up in the UK in the gaming scene in 80's and 90's.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, I see now there was an entry in the Event/Announcements section saying as much. Didn't even know "Steam Next Fest" was a thing... Just frustrating because if it was remotely decent in the demo I was going to throw them a pre-order.

I've never used the refunds on Steam, maybe I'll grab it, give it a chance for an hour, and hit the refund if I don't like it.
I'd highly recommend it, the demo was great. Especially if you are/were a big Robocop fan over the years. It feels like it'll be the best Robocop game we've ever had, easily.

As for the concerns about the RoboCop 2 skin being "too blue" I can promise, it's just overdone for the purpose of the store image. It looks damn good!
Fun fact: The blue tint came from the fiber glass from which the suit was made. For the first movie, they used aluminum and other metals, making the suit WAY to heavy.

The fiberglass gave it the blue glare. :)

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
OT was ready a couple of weeks ago, should I post it before monday? I mean, I'm sure some people bought Murphy Edition to play 2 days early (like myself), so it's kinda pointless to wait 2 days more. The thread will be optimazied for dark theme only though.

Top Bottom