• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Man, haven't been able to connect to RL servers all night. Hope this stuff is all sorted after the weekend, going away and I wanna return to some solid online play.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
Rocket League ‏@RocketLeague 11 Min.Vor 11 Minuten San Diego, CA
UPDATE 12:57 PM PT: MP Servers currently in extended downtime to implement multiple behind-the-scenes updates. Apologies for the wait.

:/

DJ88

Will the servers be up within the next hour? The guys at Giantbomb are planning a East Coast vs West Coast live stream at 2:30 PDT. They gotta be up by then!

There is nothing more sobering than watching camgears vids all day, being like, "I can do some of that I bet" and firing up exhibition mode and barely being able to do his basic diagnal hits, let alone the aerial shit. I have so much more practicing to do before I am even decent at this game, let alone good.

OK, so after these updates go live... can I expect far fewer downtimes? I appreciate the communication and fully expected the game to have server issues for the first week or so, but I'd like it to stabilize already, so they can move on to dealing with quitters, ranked mode, and other content.

Also, regarding ball cam... I find turning to be more wider when I use ballcam. This has sometimes really screwed me up. I try to drift, but I do lose control. Not using ballcam definitely feels like my turns are sharper. Is there any way to have sharper turns while using ball cam, or should I be switching ball cam on and off when turning in those situations?

If anyone is interested, at 5:30 (Eastern), if the servers are up, Giant Bomb is doing a cross-coast battle: Giant Bomb West verses Giant Bomb East (GBeast).

AcridMeat

Banned
Also, regarding ball cam... I find turning to be more wider when I use ballcam. This has sometimes really screwed me up. I try to drift, but I do lose control. Not using ballcam definitely feels like my turns are sharper. Is there any way to have sharper turns while using ball cam, or should I be switching ball cam on and off when turning in those situations?
Healthy use of the powerslide.

So when you start to get the glitch where one of the players is invisible, are you supposed to restart the game? My game always seems to crash one or two games after that happens the first time.

Yes, you need to restart the game. Also, if you're experiencing crashes then send your crash logs. They can be found at My Documents/My Games/Rocket League/TAGame/Logs folder for .dmp files. They should look like "rl-<random>.dmp". Send them to rl-bugs@psyonix.com.

I have a friend that swears the big cars are OP because hit boxes. Any truth to this, GAF?

I use the Gizmo exclusively, which is arguably the "smallest" car, and haven't felt like I haven't been able to hit the same as other vehicles.

Carm

Is there something wrong with the music volume in the game on PS4? I was playing the tutorial stuff last night (really bad at even that shit) and at the end of the tutorial where it would show my percentage of completion out of 10, music would play and it is extremely loud compared to in game sounds. I even turned it down to one notch before off and it was still loud.

I'm seemingly really bad, the aerial tutorial is brutal, spent a good hour on that and only could get 1 out of 10 completed on beginner. I haven't even tried exhibition or season mode yet, and I don't dare attempt online.

Mandelbo

I just added my name to the sign up list. I haven't got an awful lot going on until September, so I'll be available to play most of the time. Add me if you want!

Grinchy

Banned
I was just watching Kronovi play 1v1 against Gambit. Fucking Gambit and all the other top 10 players were the only people me and my friend could find last night in matchmaking.

We lost almost every game we played last night because of it.

So I don't really slide much, how do you guys use slides?

I use it whenever the ball is kinda above me in the midfield with a good chance for the opponent to hit it towards my own net. In that situation I drive away, use the slide to turn 180 degrees and then gain speed to get some pressure behind the ball flying to my net.

Basically just avoid standing in one place and always try to face the ball, the slide helps a lot there.

I was just watching Kronovi play 1v1 against Gambit. Fucking Gambit and all the other top 10 players were the only people me and my friend could find last night in matchmaking.

We lost almost every game we played last night because of it.

That first match was so intense

Skyzard

Banned
Nice timing with GB.
Found it!

Try that :)

Thank you, I actually caught that post earlier and tried the settings out and ended up bumping my own fov up some more to about 105. Too far out as it's a bit harder to see the connect with the ball- but you are right it does give you a better overall view...but I found when the camera wasn't locked onto anything even with those settings the car would move about much sharper...I dunno. Not a huge deal as with settings like those causes less issues with the lock on camera when the ball goes in the air and you lose sight of the ground.
Also, the camera shake is pretty fun, I had it disabled initially but I missed it. The camera stiffness might be one to mess around with more for me. I assume it limits the zooming in and out when you slow down and speed up. Might help with the ball in the air when it's nearby but the zooming in (in other situations) usually helps you land the connect easier by letting you see what you're doing clearer.

Skii

This game is so fun. Is there any way to improve the performance of your cars? I assume not because changing car type doesn't do anything.

DBT85

This game is so fun. Is there any way to improve the performance of your cars? I assume not because changing car type doesn't do anything.

No, the cars are identical and you can only change the appearance.

As it should be IMO. When I get beat I want it to be because the person is better than me at the game, not because they have extra shit because they played for 200 hours.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Game is fucking fun but I'm horrible at it

Yeah... it's really fun but people are taking it way too seriously. Kind of a turn-off.

It's a game where you hit soccer balls with flipping turbo cars... and folks are getting just so worked up over it.

DBT85

Yeah... it's really fun but people are taking it way too seriously. Kind of a turn-off.

It's a game where you hit soccer balls with flipping turbo cars... and folks are getting just so worked up over it.

YEah, as long as the matchmaking keeps those that are super intense about it up the top and away from crappos like me I'll be able to enjoy it.

Skii

A hat might boost your self esteem and help you perform better.

No, the cars are identical and you can only change the appearance.

As it should be IMO. When I get beat I want it to be because the person is better than me at the game, not because they have extra shit because they played for 200 hours.

Oh don't worry. I'm a huge fan of there being no performance customisation. It's all about your skill over the opponent, nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom