• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel

could never
How does ball can make it harder to hit shots? I usually use ball can all the time, so I'd like to know the benefits to not using it so that I can improve

From my own experience, dribbling and shooting in a straight line is much easier with the ball cam off than it is with it on. I tend to switch it on and off a lot each game depending on the situation.

I downloaded this last night and I really wasn't into it. I played some matches online though and it's a pretty fun game. I don't think I'll be playing it for very long since after a few matches In a row I have my fill but it's good fun chaos.

AcridMeat

Banned
This game is so purely fun it's making me hate other games for not being as fun. I'm so mad at hearthstone right now, more than usual.

MrPanic

So when you start to get the glitch where one of the players is invisible, are you supposed to restart the game? My game always seems to crash one or two games after that happens the first time.

Noaloha

The rather unique aspect of this game for me is that it's an online competitive game and, when *anyone* screws up, I laugh. Whether that's me or someone else, I don't find myself raging in the slightest; just humane chuckles. This is a sodium free experience, and I love it for that. It's easy to fuck up in the game, so fast and chaotic and deft are its moments. That allows me to empathise immediately with any fuck ups. But notable moments of fuckyeah awesomeness, that's one of two things: either a learning player just did something crazy and they're hollering emphatics at their screen with a massive grin plastered across their face, or a seasoned player did something that they earned through myriad hours of hard work practicing. Both of these things just make me smile. I don't want any elements introduced to RL that amplify the internet's antagonistic, punitive, shaming tendencies. Fun for all. On the three-tier scale of <dipshit-normal-nice>, I want RL to exist only on the rightmost two.

Dmonzy

From my own experience, dribbling and shooting in a straight line is much easier with the ball cam off than it is with it on. I tend to switch it on and off a lot each game depending on the situation.

Personally I almost always keep ball cam on except when retreating for boost. There's no inherent advantage or disadvantage, I just find it easier to score with it.

maty

From the Steam Thread.

What's the cheapest way to get Rocket League? Being in South America my best options are the Brazilian or Mexican store, am I correct? Or is it cheaper and region free in another region?

I appreciate any help. Thanks.

BShadowJ

Hahahahhahaaa. Awesome.

Also, speaking of terrible opinions. Why did Rocket League's review get docked points for "Unreliable Servers?" I didn't think this was something IGN took into account based on the Halo MCC review.

Because indies aren't triple AAA games, and thus are held onto higher standards on online connectivity...
I have no clue lol

Noaloha

Would love for an option whereby you can pick your dpad quickchat options. Devs make a list of forty or so approved and translatable outbursts and I pick which sixteen I want.

Noaloha

Given the hitboxes and the devs' comments about nominal differences, is there any validity in looking at the different car-shapes like you might different golf clubs?

Dubz

Given the hitboxes and the devs' comments about nominal differences, is there any validity in looking at the different car-shapes like you might different golf clubs?
I have a friend that swears the big cars are OP because hit boxes. Any truth to this, GAF?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Looking for a decent to good gaffer to twam up with for the tourney. I'm undefeated in ranked and a vet from game 1 so I need someone competent.

Scored my first purposefully done aerial today. It felt really special, though it doesn't compare to some of the top shots I've seen here. Feelsgoodman.

imBask

Banned
I keep checking this thread and you guys literally only talk about camera settings. I moved my camera back a little and that's about it, I don't know why you're all so obsessed with it

DBT85

I keep checking this thread and you guys literally only talk about camera settings. I moved my camera back a little and that's about it, I don't know why you're all so obsessed with it

Because the reason I suck must be my bad settings and not my suckyness.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I've only been playing player matches so far but just now I tried my first ranked match. We won 8-1. Took ages for it to find a game and it only found a game when it apparently searched for players of all skill levels. Then after that game finished the servers went down again.

So how does your skill rating actually work? I won my first game 8-1 and it didn't budge.

I've only been playing player matches so far but just now I tried my first ranked match. We won 8-1. Took ages for it to find a game and it only found a game when it apparently searched for players of all skill levels. Then after that game finished the servers went down again.

So how does your skill rating actually work? I won my first game 8-1 and it didn't budge.

Ranked is being tracked but updates are backlogged.

Gawge

The game wasn't even on my radar, was such a pleasant surprise when I saw it was free on PS+!

I played SARPBC on PS3 a lot, and I seem to have retained a lot of what I learned. Won most games (I can't remember losing one).

Annoying that the servers can be hit or miss, but love this game so much. Great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom