• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

Lol, I love those things. I like imagining they're super sarcastic robot screams - I just spam "What a save!" after each goal, and "Nooooo!" when my team scores.

I like "Great pass!" when I nudge the all from our goal post and team mate puts it back on track to our own goal.

I like to use them sarcasticaly, but also to know and announce positions. Defensive, Centering.
OMG WOW ?!#$@#

DBT85

Just played 5 normal 3v3 games. There was a bot in about 3 of them. In one the bot scored the only 5 goals.

I'm crap.

I actually watched a stream last night with two guys practicing for a tournament. The skill they were showing was insane. They looked Iike premiership quality players where as every match I have been in resembles a children's kick about.

Dr Prob

Banned
I like to use them sarcasticaly, but also to know and announce positions. Defensive, Centering.
OMG WOW ?!#$@#

There's nothing like hanging on to a one goal lead, hitting "defending..." on the pad, then being scored on two seconds later while flopping around in net. "Whoops."

Which is still a lot considering turning around the arena while boosting for 5mn gives you about 610 meters.

Yeah. Played a 27 game season (29 w/playoffs) and it shows up as 10 miles. So assuming that the 50-100km number/my math is right, that trophy would seem to take like 90 to 180 offline games.

Not So Epic Save.

Dude rage quit after that one.

And a new shot of my Venom.
CFD5D69158052D9871C89D729DB3F854CCCCCFA2

I tried going back to Arkham Knight for a few minutes. I couldn't do it. I kept steering Batman towards groups of thugs like I was about to land a sweet header on the ball.

Rocket League has destroyed my gaming ability.

In a good way. THIS GAME...

delSai

Has there been any word on the Crossplay party patch? 2 of my PC friends just bought the game and i want to team up with them lol.
This game will easily be in my Top 10 of 2015 btw, it's too much fun.

Stability is their priority right now. I doubt they are too focused on new features. You can't add party features onto an unstable foundation I imagine.

Danielsan

Already have withdrawals. Last night's matches were so damn exciting. I can't wait to jump in again tonight, and hopefully the servers will work...

GeeTeeCee

I'm concerned that the general level of play online has already surpassed my own capabilities. Played a game last night where I had 0 points for 95% of the match. Didn't help that it was the laggiest match I've ever played, but still.

I tried going back to Arkham Knight for a few minutes. I couldn't do it. I kept steering Batman towards groups of thugs like I was about to land a sweet header on the ball.

I tried playing Dirt Rally the other day.

That didn't go over well.

I'm concerned that the general level of play online has already surpassed my own capabilities. Played a game last night where I had 0 points for 95% of the match. Didn't help that it was the laggiest match I've ever played, but still.

The bar has definitely been raised. The first week it was crazy easy to score cross-field goals, now that people have a good grasp of the aerial game It's a lot harder.

Anyone have any tips for being more accurate in timing when the ball will hit you and directing your shots by spinning?

I feel like all I can do is just drive around really fast and hope to hitt he ball head on towards the goal...

I can't believe how many people rage quit in this game!!

I am yet to quit a game regardless of how many goals we are down by because this is one game where you can easily (with decent team mates or the OP AI) make up 2 or 3 goals in literally seconds. I joined a game down 3-0 and we scored 3 goals in the last minute to go to OT and the winner about 10secs into to OT.

This game has given me joy like no other.....even if we lose.

Danielsan

The bar has definitely been raised. The first week it was crazy easy to score cross-field goals, now that people have a good grasp of the aerial game It's a lot harder.
I guess this is one the things I love about this game. I've only started playing on Sunday, but I feel that my grasp on the game's mechanics has improved tremendously over the course of the past 3 days.

Anyone have any tips for being more accurate in timing when the ball will hit you and directing your shots by spinning?

I feel like all I can do is just drive around really fast and hope to hitt he ball head on towards the goal...

Accelerating is not always your friend. Learn to use reverse and the powerslide to your advantage.

I said it earlier but it bares repeating: The flip boost is your friend. A landed front or back flip gives you a small speed boost, simply double tap x and hold a direction. once you land you get a little boost that is the most efficient way to get around quickly without using your boost.

I was playing call of duty, when the countdown went "3... 2... 1...", I was shooting and crouching like a confused ferret. That R2 + O is conditioned in my brain!

So, I've been playing using Free Cam, partly because it feels right, partly because Ball Cam can give me headaches. And now I've realised...

Ball Cam is OP.

I was playing a 3v3 yesterday where everyone was awesome. Shots from everywhere, last minute blocks and saves, and people flying everywhere. And half the time I was just wondering where the ball was.

I could use a pitch radar with ball and teammate indicators (like FIFA) to help, otherwise I might need to suck it up and go Ball Cam.

bjaelke

So, I've been playing using Free Cam, partly because it feels right, partly because Ball Cam can give me headaches. And now I've realised...

Ball Cam is OP.

I was playing a 3v3 yesterday where everyone was awesome. Shots from everywhere, last minute blocks and saves, and people flying everywhere. And half the time I was just wondering where the ball was.

I could use a pitch radar with ball and teammate indicators (like FIFA) to help, otherwise I might need to suck it up and go Ball Cam.
3d/2d pitch wouldn't add much. There's already a ball indicator and the size of the pitch means you've got a decent overview of your fellow teammates. Unless of course they're approaching you from behind with full boost and tunnel vision.

I am yet to quit a game regardless of how many goals we are down by because this is one game where you can easily (with decent team mates or the OP AI) make up 2 or 3 goals in literally seconds. I joined a game down 3-0 and we scored 3 goals in the last minute to go to OT and the winner about 10secs into to OT.

I hate quitters. The worst is when one of your team quits after the opposition scores one goal. One fucking lousy goal and that's it for them, they're literally worse than Hitler and IS combined.

In a panic, I still look for a radar after being conditioned by Pro Evo and Fifa. It would be a nice edition for those of us playing with randoms where communication is minimal.

Hasney

Got into one 2v2 ranked last night. My partner was someone who at kick off, no matter where he spawned, said "I GOT IT" and turboed to the ball. Fun times.

Has there been any word on the Crossplay party patch? 2 of my PC friends just bought the game and i want to team up with them lol.
This game will easily be in my Top 10 of 2015 btw, it's too much fun.

It's unlikely there'll ever be parties. Private games will be in before August though.

I actually watched a stream last night with two guys practicing for a tournament. The skill they were showing was insane. They looked Iike premiership quality players where as every match I have been in resembles a children's kick about.

Out of interest, who were you watching?

dralla

It's unlikely there'll ever be parties. Private games will be in before August though.

Out of interest, who were you watching?

Probably Gibbs. I was watching it too. They had this amazing 2v2 that lasted a solid 15 minutes. The way he 'dribbles' and never misses an aerial shot, and aims the ball correctly when hitting it.. damn, son

Probably Gibbs. I was watching it too. They had this amazing 2v2 that lasted a solid 15 minutes. The way he 'dribbles' and never misses an aerial shot, and aims the ball correctly when hitting it.. damn, son

Glad you remembered. I knew it was something like gibbon... It was 3:30am after all.

In one part he just casually blew up the other two cars one after the other, then I believe he followed it up with a half the length of the pitch aerial goal. Amazing.

Tried to play it yesterday in splitscreen with some friends who aren't console gamers.
No chance in hell. Controls are to difficult for them.

ive yet to be able to get any of my friends/family to enjoy it at all, some of which are regular gamers. same reason of course, controls are pretty tough.

not too happy about it because id love to share the moment-to-moment excitement but it doesn't exist when there's no sweet setups/plays.

Sold a few CSGO skins and one of those new TF2 cases to buy this game.

Seriously, I'm having some withdrawal symptoms after playing it for a few hours last night. It's so dang good.

Mandelbo

Just did some matches with a friend on PS4 - I'm trying to get the hang of timing my jumps so I can hit the ball midair. It's so satisfying when you land one! I'm nowhere near good enough to start intercepting the ball by flying at it yet, though.

v1lla21

Anyone know if Psyonix will add some sort of spectator mode? That'd be great for live commentating which is something I'd like to do for this game.

I love it when people rage quit in 1v1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom