• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wait is almost over! I loved SARPBC on PS3. It's nice to see the sequel getting more recognition and I hope it will do well.

Pastry

Banned
Very excited and my girlfriend is out of town this most of this week and weekend so I'm going get Dark Souls 2 and this and spend all weekend alternating back and forth.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Why do I get the feeling it's going to take all day to download, even though it's only 1.4GB. PSN is slow at the best of times, but with a super hyped game free on PSN+? Nightmare.

BShadowJ

So yeah the game is out and free in New Zealand, and in half an hour will be out in Australia. Is there anyone from there who can makes us all jealous? :D T_T

delSai

The only car i want to use in this is Sweet Tooth, that way i'll have some Twisted Metal in my life.
Can't wait to play, the demo was one of the best things i've played in a long time.

So yeah the game is out and free in New Zealand, and in half an hour will be out in Australia. Is there anyone from there who can makes us all jealous? :D T_T
The entire PS4 release makes me jealous because I only just realized the PC version is releasing 12 hours later than I thought.

Hasney

Why do I get the feeling it's going to take all day to download, even though it's only 1.4GB. PSN is slow at the best of times, but with a super hyped game free on PSN+? Nightmare.

As soon as it hits the UK store, I'll be working, so I'm just going to make it standby download and be all ready for when I get home.

Honestly, even on a bad day, I can usually do that in 4 minutes on PSN through a 150mbit connection and wired ethernet.

The entire PS4 release makes me jealous because I only just realized the PC version is releasing 12 hours later than I thought.

Yeah, the usual Steam release time.

Kosh

pAP88LP.gif

As soon as it hits the UK store, I'll be working, so I'm just going to make it standby download and be all ready for when I get home.

Honestly, even on a bad day, I can usually do that in 4 minutes on PSN through a 150mbit connection and wired ethernet.

Yeah, the usual Steam release time.
9:00am on Tuesday isn't really normal.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.
to be sure, if i make an NZ account, buy the game, make my ps4 the main console for said NZ acc, i could play the game on my main german account?

PaulLFC

to be sure, if i make an NZ account, buy the game, make my ps4 the main console for said NZ acc, i could play the game on my main german account?
Yes. I do this a lot for US flash sales when my main account is UK.

I think as long as your PS4 is set as the primary console for both accounts, it works fine.

WITHE1982

Great OT guys. Appreciate all the hard work.

I'm guessing it's now finally time to delete the Beta from my PS4 and stop playing training mode over and over again.

I only played SARPBC briefly on PS3 but loved every minute. The RL Beta on PS4 was an absolute blast and once it launches tomorrow it'll be the only MP game I'll be playing for the foreseeable future.

Watching the trailer put a smile on my face. Can't wait to play this with my bros on split-screen. It's been a while since I've played a game solely focused on just having gun.

Steiner84

I'm sorry Psyonix... The hype was too much... Please forgive me...

I'll tell you all how I got it as soon as I check it's legit

u wot m8?
how did you do it?

meanwhile i made an NZ account and provided my CC information...
fuck. so tempting lol

WITHE1982

I'd love to be able to grab this today as the missus is on night shift so if I do without sleep I can have a full 11 hours straight( that sounds a bit sad coming from a 35 year old).

Steiner84

Do that, then get a PS+ trial. ;) (You can then cancel the subscription and remove the CC info)

OH MY GOD!

OMG OMG HYPED AS FUCK OMG!

edit:
looks like you can only make the 2 day trial straight from the ps4?
dont see the option on the webstore.
Anybody?

FelipeMGM

I hope the servers hold up tomorrow, cuz this game is reaaally good. Some people will be shocked when reviews are in and this scores high 80's

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

You're lucky then, many of us face much worse speeds. I'm also in the UK on BT Infinity and I get roughly 100 - 300KBs while downloading from PSN, and 3200 - 3300KBs from Steam. Very rarely I will get my maximum speed from PSN, so hopefully tomorrow will be one of those times.

BShadowJ

Apologies for my lack of knowledge, but could I download it from NZ store and play it on my UK account?

Yes, just set your PS4 as primary on the NZ account.

I'm actually nervous because if this doesn't work for some reason now, I'm going to have a mental breakdown LOL

RoadHazard

Gold Member

Wow, that day 1 patch (if that's what it is?) is larger than the game. Ok, so the game is tiny, but still!

mcz117chief

I have a question. Since your car is rigid how can you like move the ball in any other direction besides forward ? Isn't the ball constantly stuck in a corner ? I just don't understand how this game can work :(

VanWinkle

I'm actually really excited about this. I never really got into the first one even though it seemed like fun, but I'll play this for sure.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I have a question. Since your car is rigid how can you like move the ball in any other direction besides forward ? Isn't the ball constantly stuck in a corner ? I just don't understand how this game can work :(

You can flip sideways in the air and stuff to shove the ball in that direction instead of forward. And there are no "corners", really. The arenas have sloped walls that the ball (and you) can go up.

BShadowJ

You can dodge the car sideways to make the ball go in other directions. Read the Gameplay Mechanics section of the OT or just play the tutorial when the game releases. :)

J-Skee

After everything I've seen, I have to play this. And PS4 x PC multiplayer? The online community is going to be nuts.

WITHE1982

It's completely physics based. The ball will move in differing directions depending on the angle at which you hit it. You can also boost or dodge to hit the ball harder and even spin your car in mid air to divert the ball any way you'd like.

You'll be surprised how much control over the ball you can have.

I need this already! Why does the PS+ games go up at wednesday hnnnng

It's a Tuesday in the EU now my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom