• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

BShadowJ

I need this already! Why does the PS+ games go up at wednesday hnnnng

Starting from this month, they changed it to a Tuesday release for both EU and NA. That and the game is being released at midnight at every timezone. So you'll play it sooner than you think ;)

BShadowJ

OMG IT WORKS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ENKyhmR.jpg
UjcJSJa.jpg

FelipeMGM

Starting from this month, they changed it to a Tuesday release for both EU and NA. That and the game is being released at midnight at every timezone. So you'll play it sooner than you think ;)

Wait, so I dont have to wait until its midnight PST anymore??

Boy, this is good

Hoo-doo

Banned
I can't wait for this to pop up on PS+, any ETA?

Also, everyone who wasn't in the beta needs to realize that this is a pretty difficult game to master. Give it a chance and git gud. There's so many crazy fun goals in this game once it clicks, you'll be glad you did.

Dizzy-4U

Are they planning on adding minigames like bowling and stuff like that? With the physics already in place, they can go real dumb on it in the future. Like Crazy Taxi dumb.

nicolajNN

So there's no problem using a European credit card on a NZ PSN account? I know you can't do it like that with a US account, but is it fine because NZ is under the European store?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Are they planning on adding minigames like bowling and stuff like that? With the physics already in place, they can go real dumb on it in the future. Like Crazy Taxi dumb.
There was mutators in thebalpha on PCbut they took them out of the beta. I suppose something like that can be brought back if they choose to. I mentioned them adding minigames online or some of the odd rules like the inability to cross half court. At least to test out how viable it would be online.

SparkTR

So is this the first cross-play game to be released this generation, outside of FF14 (and cross generation stuff like Destiny)?

BShadowJ

So there's no problem using a European credit card on a NZ PSN account? I know you can't do it like that with a US account, but is it fine because NZ is under the European store?

I used it, didn't have a problem. Saw someone who said was from the US who also didn't have a problem. I'm guessing NZ doesn't have a strict control on that... lol

I used it, didn't have a problem. Saw someone who said was from the US who also didn't have a problem. I'm guessing NZ doesn't have a strict control on that... lol
Yeah, no problem here likely because they didn't actually attempt to charge me for anything. This didn't work when I tried doing it with Destiny and actually having to pay for it iirc

Almost finished too. You ready? Only going to be so many of us online.

Hasney

Just bought the NZ version. Used a Dominos NZ address and my UK card and it was fine... Looks like my Final Fantasy dailies are going to be neglected if there's enough people on!!

EDIT: Thinking about it, even if not, I'll fire up career mode.

Tunavi

Banned
Cant use google docs at the moment. Gamer tag is Tunavi. Add me! I need teammates for this shit! GAF has me legitimately hyped for this.

Keasar

I remember trying Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars and my impressions was that it was really, really, really difficult to get into. Most of my attempts made me look like a idiot on the field when playing online, fumbling with the ball and shooting it the wrong way the moments I actually finally hit the thing. I think the teams I played on hated me.

I am interested, but I felt the game was really hostile to anyone new trying (might be that I was really late into the game). I take it this is the same game? Is there some mode to try and get into the game/get help actually knowing how to play?

TMC

I remember trying Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars and my impressions was that it was really, really, really difficult to get into. Most of my attempts made me look like a idiot on the field when playing online, fumbling with the ball and shooting it the wrong way the moments I actually finally hit the thing. I think the teams I played on hated me.

I am interested, but I felt the game was really hostile to anyone new trying (might be that I was really late into the game). I take it this is the same game? Is there some mode to try and get into the game/get help actually knowing how to play?

This game is incredibly easy to pick up and play. It has a lot of depth though so it can take some time to master. It's the perfect balance.

There is also a tutorial to pick up the basics. I jumped right into a game when I tried it and completely bypassed the tutorial. Didn't have any problems. The aerial stuff is what will really take time to master.

Hasney

God I'm glad that NZ loophole was found. I am so pumped for tonight now.

Just remember for anyone doing this: Save files don't always carry over per region. We might be fine in Europe as it's technically the same region with the way they operate, but you may find that you have to re-download the US version and lose your unlocks. Small price to pay for a day early though!

Rocket League is easier. I believe it's slower than SARPBC, and there will be a much bigger audience of varying skill levels.

The people that played SARPBC after a while were diehards

SparkTR

Considering 99% of people playing this week are going to be new as well, I'm guessing if you want to get into it, there would never be a better time than now. It's always harder to dive into games when they're old and have established communities who have been playing for years.

Tagg9

Awesome OT. I expect to be playing this game a lot in the next couple months.

This is kind of embarassing, but I didn't even realize there was a "dodge" mechanic. And I probably played the beta for like 30 hours...

Keasar

This game is incredibly easy to pick up and play. It has a lot of depth though so it can take some time to master. It's the perfect balance.

There is also a tutorial to pick up the basics. I jumped right into a game when I tried it and completely bypassed the tutorial. Didn't have any problems. The aerial stuff is what will really take time to master.

Rocket League is easier. I believe it's slower than SARPBC, and there will be a much bigger audience of varying skill levels.

The people that played SARPBC after a while were diehards

Considering 99% of people playing this week are going to be new as well, I'm guessing if you want to get into it, there would never be a better time than now. It's always harder to dive into games when they're old and have established communities who have been playing for years.

I'll keep an eye on it then when its released on Steam, thank you. :)

Moobabe

Seems like, can't think of many others though. I'm interested to see how smooth this all goes considering cross-play is seemingly going to be a bigger thing this generation.

For WT it's pretty smooth - FFXIV is good too though I only used the console version while solo or in lower level dungeons.

But likewise - I'm interested in how it all works. Like can my Steam friends add me easily if I'm on PS4 etc

God I'm glad that NZ loophole was found. I am so pumped for tonight now.

You could always do this with a game :D

As soon as it was out somewhere, it was out everywhere haha

I literally have no more emails to use from making various accounts on other regions

Dizzy-4U

There was mutators in thebalpha on PCbut they took them out of the beta. I suppose something like that can be brought back if they choose to. I mentioned them adding minigames online or some of the odd rules like the inability to cross half court. At least to test out how viable it would be online.
I see, that's cool that they are aware of the potential.

I hope they go with my dodgeball idea:

-A 4v4 mode where scoring a goal sidelines a random enemy player. Sidelined players can be brought back if their team scores (creating a tug of war).

-Sidelined players can spectate (requires them to add in a spectate feature). First team to eliminate the enemy team wins, or whoever has more teammates alive when time runs out wins.

-When a new round starts (after scoring the goal), the disadvantaged team is given closer proximity to the ball/possession to keep things fair

So from what I gather, you can't create a party to play in ranked modes, but you can for unranked? A bit odd in my opinion. Don't think I want to play with randoms for ranked.

I'm surprised that there are 8 modes at launch. I guess PS+ and cross play will really keep them all populated, because I imagine it'd be hard to find matches for some of them otherwise.

Personally, I think 3v3 and 2v2 is just perfect for ranked. Those modes are soooo good.

Does anyone know how the cross platform play works in terms of playing with friends? Is it easy for someone on PS4 to group up with someone on PC?

Hasney

Does anyone know how the cross platform play works in terms of playing with friends? Is it easy for someone on PS4 to group up with someone on PC?

You can't. They're looking into a way to make it work.

So from what I gather, you can't create a party to play in ranked modes, but you can for unranked? A bit odd in my opinion. Don't think I want to play with randoms for ranked.

I'm surprised that there are 8 modes at launch. I guess PS+ and cross play will really keep them all populated, because I imagine it'd be hard to find matches for some of them otherwise.

Personally, I think 3v3 and 2v2 is just perfect for ranked. Those modes are soooo good.

If that's true, I can see why it would make sense. The ranked mode is supposed to match you with people of the same skill, so if you went in with a group and one of your party was new yet the rest are all very high level it'd either not know what to do, or go by an average skill which might put you with people much worse than you.

It's not ideal, but I can see the thinking.

As for the modes, you can tick several while searching at least, so you shouldn't struggle too much to find a game.

I apologise on behalf of the SARPBC community if people were dicks. Most of us loved new players, as we spent so much time trying to preach the gospel of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom