• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidDesu

Looking forward to trying this out tonight. The 15 minute ban for first player to drop out a ranked match is much harsher than I expected. Should really help make it a more sporting affair between team mates. If things go tits up hopefully people will try to claw it back rather than rage quit. Miracles can happen in this game!

I wonder if it will have a knock on effect in how people actually play knowing they're kind of it in for the whole game and can't bail if their ME ME ME approach doesn't reap success. Wonder if it might help people cooperate more effectively. I always try to play considerately of the other player. I'll say I'm defending if I'm up the back at the start. I'll do all I can to pass the ball in and try to get it to the other player. Some people play like they're a one man band and I've actually had team mates bump me out of the way on several occasions in a match. Quite why I'm not sure, other than to get the glory and extra points on offer I suppose (if so they should just bloody go and play 1v1).

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
PSN is an absolute joke of a service. This patch is at 50%ish and has 4 hours left. I honestly don't understand why the community let's them away with it.

J. Bravo

patch only took me like 15 minutes to download.....lol.

anything been said about when we can add steam friends in game or sometheing?

Hasney

Hey Psyonix, I will pay you actual money if you make my devil horns be on fire.

Actual money, that's £'s baby. Not that comedy money you paid for the European servers with. Real talk, are they in Greece?

EDIT: Rest mode speeds up downloads

Actual money, that's £'s baby. Not that comedy money you paid for the European servers with. Real talk, are they in Greece?

Yes! I want burning horns.

3v3v Beckwith Rainy still not smooth. Neither is the stadium rainy map

But the rest of the maps are much better. As is Beckwith Park. Pretty sure they are solid 60 fps and not what we had before

I also noticed all maps have ad banners (no ads) except Urban. Something I just noticed with all this ads talk

BShadowJ

So huuuh just found a bug. LOL

PS4 doesn't know how to deal with strange characters like <> (not sure if both or just one of them). There was a dude whose name was something like <Lancelot> or something like that on PC, and every time he used quick chat, his name didn't show up, just the message in bold blue (because he was on blue team).

Also semi-related, the scoreboard now brings up the chat as well? Or was it there before?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Remember when PSN was supposed to improve because its online multiplayer is paid now?

What's even more pathetic is that Grace Chen Time is still a thing. Get your fingers out of your butts and improve this shit.

Hasney

PS4 doesn't know how to deal with strange characters like <> (not sure if both or just one of them). There was a dude whose name was something like <Lancelot> or something like that on PC, and every time he used quick chat, his name didn't show up, just the message in bold blue (because he was on blue team).

Also semi-related, the scoreboard now brings up the chat as well? Or was it there before?

Ooo, bold text chat? Think I need a Steam rename.

i wonder how much people's psn issues are because they're using the godawful wifi in the machine or are wired/powerline adapter users. I got a powerline adapter and the difference is night and day

Actually, my download speed on PSN is fine at the minute. Saying ten minutes to download.

I have had issues in the past though, so I know how it feels and it is a shoddy service in this regard.

Edit: I always use wired connection and have had bad download speeds, so it's not just wifi.

Honestly, the content for paid and ranked can be so good

Burning toppers. Animated toppers. Exclusive paint like glow.

Even horn taunts after a goal is scored and freaking emojis. Id buy it all

nicolajNN

Chat when showing the scoreboard is new, I remember being frustrated that there was no way to see a message if you missed it, other than using the chat yourself

I want a Buckethead KFC bucket please. With funeral sticker.

It would be good to have a little time added after a goal too, so I can properly celebrate in an elaborate and idiotic way like a real footballer.

BShadowJ

Chat when showing the scoreboard is new, I remember being frustrated that there was no way to see a message if you missed it, other than using the chat yourself

Yeah thought so! Great little addition then!

Did they fix the overheating problem on ps4 yet?

I stuck around a little on the main menu, and my PS4 was super quiet. Playing matches makes my fans spin harder, but nothing special.

Did the patch also fix the bug on the 500km trophy to to where you actually have to drive for 500km? The last I saw people were getting it as low as 68 km. I've already put plenty of hours into the game and I'm getting tired of playing it. I don't think I'll actually play it enough to rack up 500km at this point.

Did the patch also fix the bug on the 500km trophy to to where you actually have to drive for 500km? The last I saw people were getting it as low as 68 km. I've already put plenty of hours into the game and I'm getting tired of playing it. I don't think I'll actually play it enough to rack up 500km at this point.

Use electrical tape and leave it on overnight

The one thing that drives me insane is some of the assholes you are teamed up with. I was in a match the other night where we were behind by two goals with two minutes on the clock. I managed to score a hat trick with around thirty seconds to go and then I made a mistake in goal and let one in for the opposition to equalise. Then came a torrent of abusive messages aimed at me from the other two people on my team (who were in a party) about how shit I was etc.

We would have been three goals down if I didn't score that hat trick you fucking idiots!

Just wait until you're veteran in ranked and have one of those 'can't hit shit or do anything right' kinds of games. Abuse from both teams lol

Edit: I guess quick chat messages is all we're going to get between platforms? I know voice chat is obviously out but wasn't entirely sure if typing messages was something to come later, possibly.

Damn.... I wanted to play a few games now but it's taking a forever to download this patch.. still going to take ca 90 minutes to download the last 900 MB's. And now it's 108 minutes. Bloody hell.

Salsa

FFS RANDO TEAMMATES PUSHING ME OUT OF THE WAY

playing the game with a stress ball

d2OAhIa.jpg

FFS RANDO TEAMMATES PUSHING ME OUT OF THE WAY

playing the game with a stress ball
I was just going to post something similar. I just played a couple of quick matches post patch and in both games my team mates were constantly pushing me around, out of plays, out of chances to score. Wtf?

DavidDesu

For starters... why doesn't my PS4 ever seem to download an update in rest mode before I switch the console on. Switch it on, "Update Added to Downloads"... And now we wait. This speed is ridiculous. My home internet is about 22mbps. This update has been going on for 20 minutes and still says up to an hour left. Should have been done in a couple of minutes or so... ARGH.

Sony, please for the love of God sort out this nonsense. No excuse for this.

Hasney

For starters... why doesn't my PS4 ever seem to download an update in rest mode before I switch the console on. Switch it on, "Update Added to Downloads"... And now we wait. This speed is ridiculous. My home internet is about 22mbps. This update has been going on for 20 minutes and still says up to an hour left. Should have been done in a couple of minutes or so... ARGH.

In rest mode, updates aren't pushed. Periodically, the PS4 will connect to the internet and check if anything needs updating, so you'll never get a patch that's just come out.

nicolajNN

Now that cross platform quick chat works we really need a "good game" command, I need to give people my appreciation of a match well fought

sometimes pausing the download and restarting it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom