• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

taoofjord

Was able to play a few more matches online this morning. This game is an instant classic in my book, hanging with the best multiplayer games of all time. Absolutely love it!

And, yes, as silly as it seems, you really feel like you're playing a sport.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
So I just found out that in a ranked 3 v 2 (ie the game launched and handicapped a team) you still lose massive rank when you lose on the 2 team. How is that fair?

WITHE1982

Seems like it again :/

Yup nearly quitting time in the UK so it would have to. Think I need to give up work or start a night shift job in order to get my Rocket league on.

TBH I'm not even mad anymore, I kinda expect it to happen. Hopefully I'll get a couple of matches in this weekend though. Over to you Psyonix.

Hasney

You've got 2 hours before I'm home Psyonix. Get on it and enjoy a fresh taco when it works!

Really glad I bought UFC for $9 to cope with the downtime.

Pedersen

Man, blasting some synthpop from my spotify playlist while playing is the best feeling ever! Especially the night arena. Going from one end to the other, supersonic speed kicks in and you drive into the ball so hard feeling like Ryan Gosling in Drive, while explosions and boost colors are happening everywhere. Finally starting to get a grip on arial goals too!

I've played some great games so far this year.

None of them has made me hoot and holler and stand up out of my chair yelling at the screen like Rocket League has. This game is in the Deity tier of multiplayer games already.

xBladeM6x

I've played some great games so far this year.

None of them has made me hoot and holler and stand up out of my chair yelling at the screen like Rocket League has. This game is in the Deity tier of multiplayer games already.

I know how you feel, nearly every time I get a good goal I'm standing up out of my seat, arms raised. Lol

How can I play this 1v1 against a friend in the same party??? we tried the Private Match option and it just searches for 5 minutes for something.... and it never happens, we gave up after 40 minutes of searching non stop for Private and non private matches.

This game doesnt have P2P for Private Matches?

DedValve

Banned
Went 2 rounds before work.

Round 1 was a 4-0 victory with 3 shots expertly crafted by me
entirely by accident
Round 2 was a 0-2 and I had several chances to be the epic goalie and ended up failing miserably :(

At least this time I didn't lead any balls into my own goals. Though its infuriating when a teammate kicks the ball to the side rather than let it go. Sometimes its better not to be a ballhog and line up the correct shot rather than potentially make it worse.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Hmm... I'm getting 0players online. Just tells me I'm not connected to Rocket League servers. Can't even see the game types or server selections. Anyone else seeing this? Only problems I've had before were matchmaking search timeouts.

Mabufu

Banned
Starting to get angry too.
Seems like servers always go down when I get home on afternoons.

EU network infraestructure sucks hard.

Purest 78

I really can't stand the PS4 version: the IQ is afwul. Too many jaggies and the floor is a distracting flickering hell. Meh. :/

I'm truly thankful I don't notice any of that. Here I am thinking it looks good for a $20 title. Well should I say a free with plus title.

N30RYU

Gold Member
Because I got this with PS+... otherwise I would be asking for a refund... for the dawm servers.

the game is amazing... but we have another Driveclub here with the online...

bombshell

Because I got this with PS+... otherwise I would be asking for a refund... for the dawm servers.

The game is 3 days old and seeing already more than a million players.

I don't think an indie game and a Sony first party game are comparable in any way.

Yep, I'm sure a game with server issues 3 days after release is comparable to a game that took months to fix the servers...

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Has anyone noticed their sound cutting in and out in the game? It might be only when I'm using headphones. I've tried different controllers so far, I guess I'll try some different headphones next.

Hasney

Has anyone noticed their sound cutting in and out in the game? It might be only when I'm using headphones. I've tried different controllers so far, I guess I'll try some different headphones next.

I don't on the TV, I did with Pulse Elites, but they're on the way out anyway.

Markew001

Ok guys I think we need to start discussing serious matters like...

Ball cam on or Ball cam off?

I go off

I can't shoot to the goal while the camera is focusing on the ball..

Always on! I've been playing for so long with it on the game feels totally off when I switch back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom