• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauaus

This game is insanely popular in 2 simultaneous platforms, cut Psyonix some slack. The game is free. Get some work on your backlog while the servers are down!

WITHE1982

Highlight of today's play for me. I legit jumped out of my seat with an exclamation and an embarassing fist pump.

This game is gooood.

Very nice.

You play the game in a very, very similar way to how I do. I was watching that and it could almost be my highlight reel (probably without the goals though). You use dodge as I do to get up some speed when tracking back and always go for the boost refils. Even your positioning is almost exactly as I would do it.

What XP level are you up to?

TomShoe

Banned
God, these AI are frustratingly difficult. I'm playing Pro season, 4-3 and #6 seed in the playoffs, need this win to stay in the race. Already reset like 3 times. Ugh.

DToneli

Neo Member
Has anyone noticed their sound cutting in and out in the game? It might be only when I'm using headphones. I've tried different controllers so far, I guess I'll try some different headphones next.
Nope, everything sound ok, and I am using headphones via DS4.

BShadowJ

Well damn I went and finally done the GAF tournament thread, and now wanted to go and play some Ranked, and the servers are down... Doh :(

I wonder if this game will spawn a thriving competitive/eSport scene. It's also very, very fun to watch as a spectator and you require 0 knowledge of the game to enjoy.

OSHAN

I've only been able to successfully play online once since Tuesday. Pretty frustrating. Hopefully this weekend will be better.

newsguy

I've only been able to successfully play online once since Tuesday. Pretty frustrating. Hopefully this weekend will be better.

That's my worry. If the weekdays were this bad, what happens when everyone has free time to play? I fear for the lives of people near the servers

Noaloha

Very nice.

You play the game in a very, very similar way to how I do. I was watching that and it could almost be my highlight reel (probably without the goals though). You use dodge as I do to get up some speed when tracking back and always go for the boost refils. Even your positioning is almost exactly as I would do it.

What XP level are you up to?

17, close to 18. But that has far more to do with just playing the game a bunch rather than some indicator that I'm 'good', ha. It's going to feel odd when it dings over to 'Pro'. Like, nope. That word does not describe me. No sir.

I feel like I'm perhaps a little *too* timid and hang back more than I should. But, then again, a lot of that is waiting for those high balls that are nice and predictable to practice aerial stuff against. Hopefully if I ever get the hang of flying, I'll be more confident/eager to push forward and attack more loose balls.

Outside of practicing the aerial stuff, the biggest thing I want to overcome is that my brain often gets mixed up with dodge directions in ballcam-mode. In panicky moments I'll usually point the stick based on screen directions rather than my car's own orientation. I'm sure I'll get that hang of it eventually!

And I think that's my final 'look' for the car. My wizard has mastery over fire (decal), lightning (antenna), and ice (boost). Just wish my wizard would get something approaching competence with 'air'. :p

dlbeast

They better hope the servers are up!

good point. I hate see them get such good feedback ...and then servers stay down for any tourney and it hurts the game. I want this game to keep getting the good press it is getting....as it is deserving.

The servers are annoying no lie, but hey that is the fate of most online games the first week. The key for me is when they are up it plays fine. They seem to be really close to ironing things out, and I wish them the best of luck. Hopefully those that are frustrated stick it out and have some understanding.

Side not just finished a rookie season, was a lot of fun. The AI was weak of course, but twas great practice.

Allstar is kicking my ass in a season.

Cheese it by playing in net and forcing the AI to play out the whole game :p. I think some people haven't realized the AI in Allstar plays like a normal team with someone falling back to net when the ball gets close to midfield.

Had an awesome night with a buddy and some random in 3v3 unranked. It was pretty awesome watching the random guy pick up on our habits and start scoring more goals. Unfortunately the Steam recent players tab doesn't work for Rocket League so I'll never be able to find him :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I would give my left nut for the servers to be working at a reasonable time in Europe, they're always down when I want to play and come up at around 1am :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone noticed their sound cutting in and out in the game? It might be only when I'm using headphones. I've tried different controllers so far, I guess I'll try some different headphones next.

If you're plugging headphones into the 3.5mm jack that's why, I get it too and so do a lot of people. People seem to think it's due to interference and I have to say since I moved my console away from everything else and switched my tablet to 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz the cut outs have got less frequent. Still shitty though, but I haven't been able to find a way to eliminate it entirely other than to buy a USB headset.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
If you're plugging headphones into the 3.5mm jack that's why, I get it too and so do a lot of people. People seem to think it's due to interference and I have to say since I moved my console away from everything else and switched my tablet to 5GHz instead of 2.4GHz the cut outs have got less frequent. Still shitty though, but I haven't been able to find a way to eliminate it entirely other than to buy a USB headset.

It just started happening today, and I haven't moved anything recently or purchased anything new that would interfere with it. I've been using the headphone jack for a long time, too. :(

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It just started happening today, and I haven't moved anything recently or purchased anything new that would interfere with it. I've been using the headphone jack for a long time, too. :(

Strange, my console is only a month old and it has always done it when using the 3.5mm. I've tried two different headsets, two different splitters, using no splitter at all. It's a real bummer as I use my headphones a lot at night and having the audio crackle and cut in and out is extremely frustrating. I've spent a lot of time trying to find a solution and all I've found is others with the same issue and no solution.

hughesta

Banned
It's happened to me a lot lately, while playing this and Arkham Knight. Does anyone know why this happens?

Fml, I come home from work and the servers are down again :'-(. I thought the hotfix would improve things. I hope they will be up during the weekend, playing against bots all the time is getting annoying.

Fml, I come home from work and the servers are down again :'-(. I thought the hotfix would improve things. I hope they will be up during the weekend, playing against bots all the time is getting annoying.

Based on the way things are going I wouldn't hold my breath for them being up on the weekend.

This me is after literally every goal:

Michael-Jordan-the-shot-gif.gif

Any reason why decals doesn't save for me? I unlock them all the time but when I go to the garage it's always the same two and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom