• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
So random modes I want, what do you guys think?

Modes:

-4v4 Elimination. Scoring would eliminate enemy players, but would also revive eliminated teammates, creating a tug of war. Eliminate whole team, or team with more players when time runs out wins.

-2v2v2 could have variations like: "Score in specific net to get points, lose a life if your net is scored on". Would require a special triangle map

-Scrimmage: 2 minutes. 1 net open, the other closed. Teams rotate offense and defense rounds and try to score most points. Tie breaker round is like normal Overtime

I'm really loving this game, but man the server issues are really frustrating.

Modes:

-4v4 Elimination. Scoring would eliminate enemy players, but would also revive eliminated teammates, creating a tug of war. Eliminate whole team, or team with more players when time runs out wins.

-2v2v2 could have variations like: "Score in specific net to get points, lose a life if your net is scored on". Would require a special triangle map

-Scrimmage: 2 minutes. 1 net open, the other closed. Teams rotate offense and defense rounds and try to score most points. Tie breaker round is like normal Overtime

I'd actually like to see variations on fields before we see variations on game modes. I think fields with some kind of moving obstetrical or different type of goals could be cool to try out before changing up the regular gameplay.

Wondering how long before they add crossplay private lobbies and spectator mode.Both of these are pretty important for the esports push they are making.

First I utterly whiff on a meatball in front of an open goal, but then I redeem myself with a decent save and a quick goal. I'm getting better but then I go long periods of stinking again. I used those camera settings in the thread and it's definitely better.

http://youtu.be/-QSyt_-FEdU

I'm really loving this game, but man the server issues are really frustrating.

I'd actually like to see variations on fields before we see variations on game modes. I think fields with some kind of moving obstetrical or different type of goals could be cool to try out before changing up the regular gameplay.

Thankfully, we will be seeing variations in fields.

I hope we see them add in a snow map of some kind, and more nighttime variations. Really like that they decided to add variations to the setting in existing maps.

Hey coolcole, what did you think of Galleon? The upper deck area looked really cool to me, but I'm not so sure about the giant poles.

I feel like I'd play 4v4 more often in variety maps

AndyD

aka andydumi
I agree with your request, I couldn't disagree more with your reasoning. Artificially leveling the playing field is a horrendous reason to want different maps.

I see it as a side effect not motivation. Either way on some arenas it was the opposite as skilled flyers had an even bigger advantage. All in all, variety is good, so people with different strong skills can excel on different styles of arenas.

i like to stop and point the camera up waiting for the ball to drop. don't mind me if you decide to boost and demolish me from the back (y) also i haven't been able to connect yet. i'll try again tonight. but still fun.

Damaniel

Banned

Modes:

I really like the idea of 3-team matches (especially 3v3v3). That could be a lot of fun - you might need a larger field to make it work though.

I want another map like this

battlecars_2.jpg

It was my favorite map from the original. I hope we get more maps that are less drab looking and more bright too .

parabolee

Sorry if this has been talked about already (don't have time to read the whole thread).

Loving the hell out of the game, What is everyone's preferred set up? 1v1v, 2v2 3v3?

I have been mostly playing 3v3 but I am thinking I might prefer 2v2. Should be a little less hectic and allow you to have a lot more influence on the game. Going to finish my 3v3 season first though.

Also I am mainly a PC player but got the PS4 version for free. IS the PC version a good upgrade for those that have it and a decent set up? I have GTX 980 so I am sure I can max it out. But the PS4 versions seems super smooth, just lacks a little AA.

Fbh

Finally managed to play online last night, connection worked pretty well and the game is a blast.

I can already feel I'm getting a bit better, at least in regard to getting the timing right. Though I still occasionally try to hit the ball only to jump right over it or pass right under it lol.

Sorry if this has been talked about already (don't have time to read the whole thread).

Loving the hell out of the game, What is everyone's preferred set up? 1v1v, 2v2 3v3?

. IS the PC version a good upgrade for those that have it and a decent set up? I have GTX 980 so I am sure I can max it out. But the PS4 versions seems super smooth, just lacks a little AA.

3v3 makes defense more common. You always have one guy dedicated as a goalie, which can make goals harder. 2v2 is more team oriented, and there is less goaltending since people tend to move together.

Also, PS4 currently has some performance issues: only one map (Urban) is really at 60 FPS. I think they'll patch this eventually.

4v4 for variety maps would be ideal.
Oooh that looks nice, yeah. Some more fantastical maps would be fun.

Personally, and for the sake of not having too many playlists, I hope 4v4 is the only additional mode added for the variety maps. They rightfully removed it for ranked, so they may as well add it for variety map DLC and have a good solid 8 playlists. I dont want to see variety maps in normal playlists either

Thankfully, we will be seeing variations in fields.

I hope we see them add in a snow map of some kind, and more nighttime variations. Really like that they decided to add variations to the setting in existing maps.

Hey coolcole, what did you think of Galleon? The upper deck area looked really cool to me, but I'm not so sure about the giant poles.

I feel like I'd play 4v4 more often in variety maps

This is great news. If the competitive side wants to stick to more standard maps, that's fine, but I think more variance in the map style would be great for play.

Is there a specific way to do an aerial hit? I did the training and scored all 10 balls but it only counted 2 aerial hits. Even when I play regular games I find myself getting flying hits but it doesn't count as aerial. What am I doing wrong?

Hasney

Is there a specific way to do an aerial hit? I did the training and scored all 10 balls but it only counted 2 aerial hits. Even when I play regular games I find myself getting flying hits but it doesn't count as aerial. What am I doing wrong?

You have to score.

nicolajNN

I it has to do with the height of the ball, not sure what the exact height is, but if you're not getting an aerial the ball was not heigh enough up the air

I it has to do with the height of the ball, not sure what the exact height is, but if you're not getting an aerial the ball was not heigh enough up the air

I figured that but in the training mode the balls are just floating in the air so I would assume it would be high enough.

Hasney said:
You have to score.

I do but I don't get the aerial hit.

Xater

Don't get comfortable

edit: Also in general with "servers up" posts, we're having to let small percentages of people in to see how things go, so if you see a post about servers up and can't login, it's not just you, it's probably a lot of players.

Just let me in. I swear I'm cool. Look I'm actually wearing pants and not shorts.

What does the "Demolition" pop-up mean? I know it's triggered by boosting into car aggressively but does it actually stun them for a second or is it just a scoring thing?

The Cowboy

A Battle mode with weapons spawning randomly on the boost pads, it would be great IMO.

Weapons.
Mine - drops a large mine behind your car: when driver over or the ball touches it, it explodes doing moderate damage and/or sends the ball flying.

Cluster mines - drops 3 small mines behind your car: when driven over or the ball touches these, they do minor damage and/or send the ball flying (not as far as regular mine).

Rockets - gives the driver 3 strait firing (direction your facing) rockets that can be fired 1 at a time or holding the button sends all 3 off in a spiral: each does minor damage or all 3 in a spiral does moderate damage (will also send the ball flying in the opposite direction of hit zone).

Shield - takes no damage and can't be knocked for a short time.

Full boost - same as we have now: 100% boost fill up.

Oil slick - drops an oil slick behind your car that if driven through disrupts handling.

Ball seeking missile - fires off a large missile that goes strait for the ball, when hit it sends the ball flying (can be shot out of the sky with rockets or by crashing into it).

Oh, I thought you meant training wasn't crediting you with the point. As above yeah, needs to be a certain height.

Yeah it credits me with the goal but not the aerial hit so I went through all 10 rounds and it said 20% at the end. I just find it odd since the balls are stationary at a specific height.

I finished my 27 game season + playoffs on all star at 21 and 8 woo! I gotta say I didn't notice my ai teammates to be dumb at all. They are actually why I was able to win a bunch of games. I think there was one own goal the whole season

nicolajNN

Yeah it credits me with the goal but not the aerial hit so I went through all 10 rounds and it said 20% at the end. I just find it odd since the balls are stationary at a specific height.

I finished my 27 game season + playoffs on all star at 21 and 8 woo! I gotta say I didn't notice my ai teammates to be dumb at all. They are actually why I was able to win a bunch of games. I think there was one own goal the whole season

The 20% percent thing is not because of not getting the aerial hit, you only get credited if you score on your first try, if you reset it won't count towards the your success percentage.

Late Flag

A Battle mode with weapons spawning randomly on the boost pads, it would be great IMO.

Weapons.
Mine - drops a large mine behind your car: when driver over or the ball touches it, it explodes doing moderate damage and/or sends the ball flying.

Cluster mines - drops 3 small mines behind your car: when driven over or the ball touches these, they do minor damage and/or send the ball flying (not as far as regular mine).

Rockets - gives the driver 3 strait firing (direction your facing) rockets that can be fired 1 at a time or holding the button sends all 3 off in a spiral: each does minor damage or all 3 in a spiral does moderate damage (will also send the ball flying in the opposite direction of hit zone).

Shield - takes no damage and can't be knocked for a short time.

Full boost - same as we have now: 100% boost fill up.

Oil slick - drops an oil slick behind your car that if driven through disrupts handling.

Ball seeking missile - fires off a large missile that goes strait for the ball, when hit it sends the ball flying (can be shot out of the sky with rockets or by crashing into it).

Sorry, but I really hate this idea. One of the things that makes this game so appealing to me as-is is its minimalism. No weapons, no perks, no special abilities tied to the vehicle you pick. Everybody is on equal footing and all you have to do is focus on trying to score / prevent scores against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom