• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT| Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it credits me with the goal but not the aerial hit so I went through all 10 rounds and it said 20% at the end. I just find it odd since the balls are stationary at a specific height.

I finished my 27 game season + playoffs on all star at 21 and 8 woo! I gotta say I didn't notice my ai teammates to be dumb at all. They are actually why I was able to win a bunch of games. I think there was one own goal the whole season
Yeah, I also don't always get an aerial hit. I'm guessing it has to do with the height of the ball. It probably doesn't count as an aerial hit if you would be able to reach the ball by double jumping instead of flying.

Sorry, but I really hate this idea. One of the things that makes this game so appealing to me as-is is its minimalism. No weapons, no perks, no special abilities tied to the vehicle you pick. Everybody is on equal footing and all you have to do is focus on trying to score / prevent scores against you.
Totally agree. You can tell those design decisions are very deliberate which I welcome in the modern age of over-customization.

nicolajNN

Regarding the servers back up and got into a game posts:
Don't get comfortable

edit: Also in general with "servers up" posts, we're having to let small percentages of people in to see how things go, so if you see a post about servers up and can't login, it's not just you, it's probably a lot of players.

Niks

Sorry, but I really hate this idea. One of the things that makes this game so appealing to me as-is is its minimalism. No weapons, no perks, no special abilities tied to the vehicle you pick. Everybody is on equal footing and all you have to do is focus on trying to score / prevent scores against you.

Agreed.

Maybe, add something to environmental properties? Snow stage, mud stage, moon stage (different gravity) could work.

Totally agree. You can tell those design decisions are very deliberate which I welcome in the modern age of over-customization.
Yes, this goes hand in hand with the notion that Rocket League's a throw back to when sports games were simple, yet addictive and above all - FUN. Like playing "Ice Hockey" on the NES with friends. You'd play 4 on 4, choose a little but fast guy, or a medium and balanced guy, or a heavy who's slow but hits hard. And that's about as complex as it got. Pick your combination of dudes and PLAY.

Grinchy

Banned
My real life friend and I met up last night. I brought my PS4 to his place this time. We had a 2 TV setup going so that we could each see each other's screens while we played 2v2. It was so awesome.

We even colored our cars the same so we looked like a team lol

Z3M0G

Someday...

lwgolBL.jpg

tm24

Had a crash and a weird bug that left up the lobby while in the game. Couldn't jump without the steam UI showing up, couldn't powerslide either. Weird bug

NeoRausch

So ummm... I just started the game for the first time more and it wants me to log on their servers.
Is this a common problem? Anything I can do about it?

EDIT:
PS4 after patch.

Edit 2:
I see... Everyone is experiencing this. Alright...

Tobinishi

I love the game - don't get me wrong - but I'm starting to get annoyed by the server problems. I managed to play a total of 3 games online since launch...

I understand that Psyonix is a relativ small team and i got it for free on PS+ but it frustrates me so much if I just want to enjoy the game but I can only play with the own-goal-scoring bots...

Like I said earlier in this thread, this game is GOTY materiel. however the fan issue is worrying me and I can't keep playing this game if its going to tax my system like that. When I put my PS4 into rest mode last night the fan ran for a good five minutes.

I love the game - don't get me wrong - but I'm starting to get annoyed by the server problems. I managed to play a total of 3 games online since launch...

I understand that Psyonix is a relativ small team and i got it for free on PS+ but it frustrates me so much if I just want to enjoy the game but I can only play with the own-goal-scoring bots...

Is there a good article/presentation that has covered the technical side of server issues for a particular game? I don't want to just ignorantly spit anger at these guys because really it's just frustration about not being to play but yeah, this is getting a little silly. I would hate to see the player base disappear because of this.

Hasney

Like I said earlier in this thread, this game is GOTY materiel. however the fan issue is worrying me and I can't keep playing this game if its going to tax my system like that. When I put my PS4 into rest mode last night the fan ran for a good five minutes.

Move the camera up on the title screen.

I loved Galleon, although that may just be because it was absolutely gorgeous compared to the other SARPBC maps lol.

I <3 different arenas btw, didn't mean to suggest I didn't. I was always pushing Cosmic and Galleon.

Thoughts on utopia?

I wonder what original maps we'll see

Move the camera up on the title screen.

up? in options under angle?

I must have misread something last night but I thought I needed to move it down so it was looking more at the ground. It didn't seem to make a difference.

I will try up tonight, am I correct in thinking its the angle camera in options you are talking about?

Hasney

up? in options under angle?

I must have misread something last night but I thought I needed to move it down so it was looking more at the ground. It didn't seem to make a difference.

I will try up tonight, am I correct in thinking its the angle camera in options you are talking about?

Nah, just in title screen. And I mean move the camera up so it's looking straight down, no need to change the camera options in game unless you want to.

Tobinishi

Is there a good article/presentation that has covered the technical side of server issues for a particular game? I don't want to just ignorantly spit anger at these guys because really it's just frustration about not being to play but yeah, this is getting a little silly. I would hate to see the player base disappear because of this.

That is my concern too. I will continue to play it but I guess the majority won't give a shit after a week of server issues and will just delete it.

The game just deserves so much more because it is the most enjoyable game for me in months.

To be fair, it's not just the bots that score own-goals. I may have put in one or two myself. :bag:

Valid point ;)

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Eh, nothing wrong with variety for the casuals. The people that hate the idea obviously won't be forced to play with any extras. The items in Smash Bros never affected the competitive community much either, because they always turn them off.

My friend and I had these 2 crazy saves in a row to keep the other team from scoring. I have no idea how to use the replay editor yet so it's a little janky.

LylVg3g.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QreVdY-K_Pk

Hey that looks colorful. Every time I've played the map it's been all cloudy and drab. I wish I could have it set to that time of day all the time.

*pays attention to the actual content of the gif*

That is the best thing I've ever seen

Switched my car to the low profile one that Kronovi uses, gives you a better view of the game than say the van. Turned off the flags. My game will improve 0.8%

Iced

What's everyone using for graphic settings on the Steam version? I have everything on/cranked except for anti aliasing (ugh, only post-process AA available?), depth of field (never care for the effect) and motion blur (same).

I can't tell if it's just cars running into me or the game itself, but I notice hitching sometimes when there are a lot of cars in a corner. I've tried fullscreen and borderless fullscreen (both with vsync on), and I still notice it from time to time. Anyone else experience this? I'm about 75% sure it's just cars running into me.

AEREC

Game is such a blast. Have the devs mentioned anything about fixing framerate issues in some of the arenas?

Are there actual framearate issues (inconsistent framerate) or is it just the fact that all maps except 1 run at a consistent 40 fps?

The framerate is very playable, its just odd that there is one that runs at 60fps.

I will literally buy every piece of DLC they vomit out for this game, that's how much I love it.

$4.99 for a hat? Sure!

$9.99 for some neon? Absolutely. No questions asked Psyonix. Just keep my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom